Opposition to the spread of Islam in Europe..

Current issues and things in the news

Moderator: Moderators

VermilionUK
Scholar

Opposition to the spread of Islam in Europe..

Post #1

Post by VermilionUK »

Considering recent events in Europe, including the Swiss minaret ban, and anti-Islam protests in London, it seems there is growing opposition to the spread of Islam.

In another thread, the Swiss minaret ban was referred to as "a case of religious discrimination and racism"

Question for debate/discussion: is the opposition to the spread of Islam "a case of religious discrimination and racism", or is it the growing fear of extremist Muslims which is making non-muslims fearful of Islam?

VermilionUK
Scholar

Post #61

Post by VermilionUK »

TrueReligion wrote:I think in your mind you have this thought that the moderate muslims are only living in west
I know there are moderates that don't live in the West. By stating live "with" the West, I mean it in terms of co-existing peacefully, and not just directly living among Western people.
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth
- Sherlock Holmes -

TrueReligion
Banned
Banned

Post #62

Post by TrueReligion »

VermilionUK wrote:
TrueReligion wrote:I think in your mind you have this thought that the moderate muslims are only living in west
I know there are moderates that don't live in the West. By stating live "with" the West, I mean it in terms of co-existing peacefully, and not just directly living among Western people.
So you mean good muslims are not living peacefully in west?and not doing any steps to bring ties between western non-muslims and Islam?
"Truth has (now) arrived, and Falsehood perished: for Falsehood is (by its nature) bound to perish." [Qur''''an 17:81)

VermilionUK
Scholar

Post #63

Post by VermilionUK »

TrueReligion wrote:
VermilionUK wrote:
So you mean good muslims are not living peacefully in west?and not doing any steps to bring ties between western non-muslims and Islam?
No, that's not at all what I said. I recommend asking a native English speaker to ensure you fully understand what is written before you reply.
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth
- Sherlock Holmes -

TrueReligion
Banned
Banned

Post #64

Post by TrueReligion »

VermilionUK wrote:
TrueReligion wrote:
VermilionUK wrote:
No, that's not at all what I said. I recommend asking a native English speaker to ensure you fully understand what is written before you reply.
But in all your speech, your main conclusion is that "Moderate Muslims" are the one who are building ties and living peacefully with western non-muslims, you never admit or said that good muslims (which I gave you definition) are doing the same.
I dont think there is something wrong in understanding, its quite obvious from your points VUK.
"Truth has (now) arrived, and Falsehood perished: for Falsehood is (by its nature) bound to perish." [Qur''''an 17:81)

VermilionUK
Scholar

Post #65

Post by VermilionUK »

TrueReligion wrote:
VermilionUK wrote:
TrueReligion wrote:
VermilionUK wrote:
But in all your speech, your main conclusion is that "Moderate Muslims" are the one who are building ties and living peacefully with western non-muslims, you never admit or said that good muslims (which I gave you definition) are doing the same.
I dont think there is something wrong in understanding, its quite obvious from your points VUK.
Why can't they be both? Why can't a moderate Muslim be considered a "good" Muslim?

Personally I don't care about the label we apply; if they are living peacefully then we're all happy.
- Sherlock Holmes -

TrueReligion
Banned
Banned

Post #66

Post by TrueReligion »

VermilionUK wrote:
TrueReligion wrote:
VermilionUK wrote:
TrueReligion wrote:
VermilionUK wrote:
Why can't they be both? Why can't a moderate Muslim be considered a "good" Muslim?

Personally I don't care about the label we apply; if they are living peacefully then we're all happy.
Well, if you want to do seperate debate for moderate muslims we can continue more here.
But since you said that if both living peacefully, you dont have objjection, than I think we dont need to argue, as we both agreed on this same point.

Be happy and live peacefully always.