Texas schools board rewrites US history

Current issues and things in the news

Moderator: Moderators

Humble Bystander
Student

Post #11

Post by Humble Bystander »

This is why the government was created secular. While it does seem amusing, teaching this to children is completely unacceptable. It is ridiculous that such a ridiculous idea was taking seriously by this school board. This article does nothing except highlight the dangers of religious zealots.

Compassionist
Guru

Post #12

Post by Compassionist »

Humble Bystander wrote:This is why the government was created secular. While it does seem amusing, teaching this to children is completely unacceptable. It is ridiculous that such a ridiculous idea was taking seriously by this school board. This article does nothing except highlight the dangers of religious zealots.
I support the separation between religion and government because of the abuse of power that can stem from fusing religion with government. A government should be transparent and accountable to the people it governs. Power corrupts. Absolute power, corrupts absolutely. The best way to guard against corruption is to have transparency and accountability of every perception, thought, emotion, memory, dream, vision, word, action, facial expression, body language and omission of everyone, everywhere and everywhen. I realise that this invades privacy but how else can all corruption be cleared up? The truth matters. I seek the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. Since I can't know the whole truth about all of reality and everyone and everything, everywhere and everywhen, I am content to trust God and be a disciple of Christ as 1 Corinthians 13 says, charity is the greatest.