Why will the Catholic Church excommunicate female priests?

Current issues and things in the news

Moderator: Moderators

alsarg72
Apprentice

Why will the Catholic Church excommunicate female priests?

Post #1

Post by alsarg72 »

Why will the Catholic Church excommunicate female priests but not pedophile male priests?

WinePusher

Post #11

Post by WinePusher »

Lucia wrote:Well, if they excommunicate them they separate them from the church, and they can no longer receive sacraments or communion. Are these not requirements to be saved, according to the Catholic Church?
Yes, I agree with you that excommunication and the denial of the sacraments is a stain of the Church along with the sex abuse scandals. As I have said before I am not in lock step with my church on everything.
Lucia wrote:As Goat pointed out, the OP is about pedophile priests in the Catholic Church. I don't know about you, but all the pedophiles I've heard of abused children at some point.
Yes, I didn't read that part, my bad. And the church should not protect these suspected pedophile priests.

Lux
Site Supporter

Post #12

Post by Lux »

winepusher wrote:Yes, I agree with you that excommunication and the denial of the sacraments is a stain of the Church along with the sex abuse scandals. As I have said before I am not in lock step with my church on everything.
Not saying that you are, I think you're far more rational than that.
I was just answering your question "How does the Catholic Church condemn those female priests?".
[center]Image

© Divine Insight (Thanks!)[/center]

"There is more room for a god in science than there is for no god in religious faith." -Phil Plate.

Gracchus
Apprentice

Post #13

Post by Gracchus »

winepusher wrote:And the church should not protect these suspected pedophile priests.
You have to understand that the Roman Catholic Church has invested lots of time and money in training these priests, and since the '70's they have been losing them right and left. That seems to be the reason they didn't want to get rid of them. Now that it is is costing them damages in money and reputation they may get around to changing policy.

:wave:

WinePusher

Post #14

Post by WinePusher »

Gracchus wrote:
winepusher wrote:And the church should not protect these suspected pedophile priests.
You have to understand that the Roman Catholic Church has invested lots of time and money in training these priests, and since the '70's they have been losing them right and left. That seems to be the reason they didn't want to get rid of them. Now that it is is costing them damages in money and reputation they may get around to changing policy.

:wave:
I hate to say it, but your probably right. It really is shameful.

Mascaput
Student

Post #15

Post by Mascaput »

alsarg72 wrote:
winepusher wrote:Child abuse is not what this thread is about.
Actually, yes it is.

My intention in starting the thread was that it be called "Why will the Catholic Church excommunicate female priests but not pedophile male priests?" as per the originating post.

Unfortunately the subject line cannot be that long and I couldn't find words to make it fit.
The child abuse aspect is the serious one that shows the absurdity of The Churches position and so is the main point.

I'm wondering if any Catholics will support His Holiness on this one?
The pope doesn't ask his members to vote on the issue, or have any say, as the Vatican is not a democracy, but is a theocracy, based on deistic dogmas and codes of misconduct. Here's a poetic thought on the subject from a friend of mine:

Roman Gangsters

Those soulless clerics squatting in their stolen place,

Believed good lights of the world which they claim created.

Considered to be shining stars and leaders to this sacred, human race.

As homosexuals, you forsake your imagined God’s believed commands,

Still stay prodigious, and always viewed with fear.

Shamelessly, and with ease, you wash your putrid hands.

Your effigies and statues baneful influence, being but an evil dream.

You just mouth words that are untrue, to speak and place the real,

The truthful Christ, to serve your evil in extreme.

O laugh or mourn this lowered state of all mankind with me,

The actions of this gang of sodomites, of paedophilic priest.

The humble priest from the Roman gangster take his well protected cue,

And Paul the sodomite, they shall be well be pleased to quote him too.

He takes the human field to muster in his faith-believing pack,

Cries “Thy will be done!� whilst on sodomised children’s pain,

The Roman gangster turns his holy back.

Is this his well preached sanctity to salvation's sured place?

Is this the priest whose word takes all mankind to favoured grace?

Is this the well marked, accepted way, for Papal bliss?

Himself a wanderer from that narrow Way,

His silly sheep with not enough reason left to wonder,

Question, or to stray.

Regardless of the things this evil band their wrongs commit,

Against the children of the believing horde,

They ignore this evil, with song well painted gold,

Upon the hymnal board.

Yet Sunday's Mass still carries on,

With countless bums on seats,

To lend “support� to this defiling church.

Each lashed with priestly tongue,

Cutting deeper than the well appointed birch,

Each head like an apple that’s been well cored.

Mindless praying to statues made of wood,

Shouting “Hail!�, and singing songs so careful scored.

Devoid of self control, devoid of balances, or of reason,

Brainwashed into unreasoned belief,

Perchance for all of mankind’s future season.

The sacred function believed by fools,

By man's evil hand itself was made.

Sacrilege the function of these priests;

And abuse of children has always been,

And shall always stay,

Their favoured, practiced,

Chosen trade.

(Robert George Crosbie)

In conclusion, the reason that they won't excommunicate paedophiles is that they can't afford to lose any more image. If one of the offenders squeals they all risk exposure. Do you really think that the child rape stops at priest level, and doesn't go higher? Check out the antics of Pius IX and the kidnap of a 6 year old Jewish boy: http://www.davidkertzer.com/book/export/html/24

Abortion and usury (lending money at interest) are punishable by excommunication, but not child rape. That's how religion works. If there is no Church law to say that child rapists must be excommunicated, then they just ignore it, as that's what belief is all about. You can't excuse evil unless you create a belief to support it, can you? Rapists use beliefs to excuse rape. Murderesrs use belief to excuse murders. Facts are enemies of belief, so belivers can claim that they are "entitled" to believe what they want, even if it contradicts the facts.

Mascaput

naz
Banned
Banned

Re: Why will the Catholic Church excommunicate female priest

Post #16

Post by naz »

alsarg72 wrote:Why will the Catholic Church excommunicate female priests but not pedophile male priests?
IDK, do you think more people would go to church if more priests were female?

Mascaput
Student

Post #17

Post by Mascaput »

naz wrote:
alsarg72 wrote:Why will the Catholic Church excommunicate female priests but not pedophile male priests?
IDK, do you think more people would go to church if more priests were female?
Well, unless they preached something more interesting and useful, it probably wouldn't make much of a difference anymore. There has been nothing new in 2000 years, so it's hardly surprising that people are tired of the same old sermons.

M

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #18

Post by McCulloch »

naz wrote: IDK, do you think more people would go to church if more priests were female?
The Anglicans ordain women, but I don't think that has had a great positive effect on attendance.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

Mascaput
Student

Post #19

Post by Mascaput »

Lucia wrote:Possibly because it's easier to condemn someone based on their rule book than to accept a major flaw in their institution.
Acknowledging their guilt in such a delicate matter as child abuse would knock them right down of the moral pedestal, assuming they were ever standing on it in the first place.
You hit the nail on the head there. They stand on a self-built predestal so as to keep their filth and preversion well out of view and reach of anyone who might cry "Foul!"
The reason that they got away with it for so long is that their brainwashed flocks were deliberately told to follow blindly, which only suits one kind of organisation that I know of.
They can't work out the blatant contradiction between the statement that they must have "blind faith" to be "saved", but that being blind means they can't even see what is in front of them. Nice trick, but completely evil. The don't want to face the truth, so they top up with more "blind faith" when questioned, as it deadens the reality.

Masc

Mascaput
Student

Post #20

Post by Mascaput »

WinePusher wrote:
goat wrote:
winepusher wrote:
Lucia wrote:Possibly because it's easier to condemn someone based on their rule book than to accept a major flaw in their institution.
In what way does the church condemn people? They do not allow women to be priests, in the church, the priesthood is reserved for men only. Women are able to serve by joining religious sisters.
Lucia wrote:Acknowledging their guilt in such a delicate matter as child abuse would knock them right down of the moral pedestal, assuming they were ever standing on it in the first place.
Child abuse is not what this thread is about.
On the contrary, pedophile priests are abusing children, by defnition.. and therefore it is part of the opie.

As long as it is restricted to child abuse by the priests.
Oh, I didn't see that part about the pedophile priests. It is rather disgraceful that those known pedophile priests aren't locked up.
Just lock them up? Hmmm. Didn't Jesus give explicit instructions as to what to do with them when he said in Matthew 18 1-6 : But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.
Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh!

Why don't Christians simply do what he told them to do? Or don't they have enough conviction and faith to do so?

M