RH Bill in the Philippines

Current issues and things in the news

Moderator: Moderators

ThroughRightlyDeclare
Student

RH Bill in the Philippines

Post #1

Post by ThroughRightlyDeclare »

All I know is that the Catholic Church simply do not allow to implement this bill.

What is your perspective? Are you pro or con?

Goat
Site Supporter

Re: RH Bill in the Philippines

Post #2

Post by Goat »

ThroughRightlyDeclare wrote:All I know is that the Catholic Church simply do not allow to implement this bill.

What is your perspective? Are you pro or con?
I consider the Catholic Church to be draconian in it's opposition to reproduction health initiatives. I believe that education and access to birth control, as well as pre-natal care is vital to the population for as many people have their children wanted and healthy.
“What do you think science is? There is nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. So which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?�

Steven Novella

Slopeshoulder
Banned
Banned

Post #3

Post by Slopeshoulder »

My opinion is that if Ratzinger says it, it's likely wrong.

officer2002
Student

The Catholic position does not make sense to me.

Post #4

Post by officer2002 »

I know very little about the Philippine law but have heard the Catholic position because that is frequently the subject on the Catholic television channel when I get home from work.
They (Catholic church) denounce contraceptives and actually in one episode denounced laws allowing contraception. I do not see how I am negatively affected by someone else preventing a pregnancy. In what seems like a contradiction they also denounce invetro fertilization.
From what I read (most of it just immediately before writing this), the law does not encourage abortion just the fill range of family planning options.