Quran burning pastor to have dialogue with the Son of Man

Current issues and things in the news

Moderator: Moderators

CalvinJam
Student

Quran burning pastor to have dialogue with the Son of Man

Post #1

Post by CalvinJam »

Pastor Terry Jones, the Florida pastor that threatened to (and ultimately did) burn a Holy Quran, is scheduled to have a dialogue with the Son of Man, the leader and teacher of the New Nation of Islam.

The dialogue is set to take place this Wednesday (June 8, 2011) at 9 PM eastern time. The discussion will be broadcast live on WHPR TV33 and 88.1 FM in Detroit, Michigan. It will be available live at
http://www.tv33whpr.com

It will also be available at http://www.thenewnationofislam.com.

The dialogue will also be broadcast live through a teleconference call. The number is
(712) 432-0075 and the access code is 912932#.

LaaIlahaIllAllah
Student

Post #11

Post by LaaIlahaIllAllah »

99percentatheism wrote:

We are all painfully aware of WHAT "Islam" is and wants for all of us. Death or "submission." The history is well written . . . and alive and well as we live today.
LaaIlahaIllAllah:

Yes! Death to all infidels !! ....... Huzzah!!

Idiot.
Death to infidels as in today 5-3-2012. Not circa the Islamic military invasion of Mecca. People as in killed today "in the name of allah," as they were when Mohammad led his band of merry Islamic warriors to spread the "religion of peace" by war and conquest at its genesis. And if people do not stand against the "spread of Islam" today, Muslims would simply take over country after country after country. This is why the Europeans are finally figuring out that assimilation Muslim-style is not about becoming a hyphenated European, but is to make Islamic countries out of former non-islamic countries.

By the way:

In what "Islamic Country" (and there are many so-called) is there "allowed" the open and active practice and spread of other religions or the open and free expression of opposition to Islam like there is in every western country on this planet in regards to every other belief system?

I repeat:

In what "Islamic Country" is there "allowed" the open and active practice and spread of other religions or the open and free expression of opposition to Islam like there is in every western country on this planet in regards to every other belief system?
Why are you still going on about this? All you are doing is showing your lack of knowledge of the Shariah...

It is sad, almost every atheist that I meet thinks that it is "death or submission".... Even people that are close to me, so sad how they are brainwashed and I would think atheists who think that they are more intelligent than everyone else, would look at both sides or check the proof before making up their mind..

Anyways, I don't know which countries are to what level "Islamic" but all I know is that in Iran and KSA you are not allowed to preach any other religion and things of that nature.

Also, what you have in the west are rights for rednecks have organisations such as the KKK, lmao, what great "freedom" you offer!!
Thank God some countries aren't allowing this type of freedom!

Quath
Apprentice

Post #12

Post by Quath »

LaaIlahaIllAllah wrote:
Quath wrote:This sounds like the No True Scotsman fallacy. They could just as easily claim that you are not a true Muslim because you don't follow their true and righteous ways.
That's like somebody who doesn't follow Christ in any way except by name, calling himself a Christian and saying the followers of Christ are not Christians............................
I completely agree. The same goes for atheists who I would rather not have in my "group."
Also, what you have in the west are rights for rednecks have organisations such as the KKK, lmao, what great "freedom" you offer!!
Where is the problem? They have an organization in which most people ridicule and laugh at them. That is how free speech should be fought; with more free speech - not with mandates or force.

LaaIlahaIllAllah
Student

Post #13

Quath wrote:
LaaIlahaIllAllah wrote:Also, what you have in the west are rights for rednecks have organisations such as the KKK, lmao, what great "freedom" you offer!!
Where is the problem? They have an organization in which most people ridicule and laugh at them. That is how free speech should be fought; with more free speech - not with mandates or force.
I think African Americans and others would beg to differ..

Quath
Apprentice

Post #14

Post by Quath »

LaaIlahaIllAllah wrote: I think African Americans and others would beg to differ..
Ignoring any racism in here, would you agree. Do you think there should be free speech or should mobs, dictators and the powerful should decide what cay be said or expressed?

LaaIlahaIllAllah
Student

Post #15

Quath wrote:
LaaIlahaIllAllah wrote: I think African Americans and others would beg to differ..
Ignoring any racism in here, would you agree. Do you think there should be free speech or should mobs, dictators and the powerful should decide what cay be said or expressed?
No, I believe that we should rule by the laws set by God, not man-made laws.

I'm just giving you the KKK example to show you that it is a bit narrow-minded to say that these societies have so much "freedom" in all aspects of life and are therefore better.

Actually, even in these societies there are things which are not allowed to be spoken, such as denying the holocaust. So much for their banners and flags of free-speech. Then they give you all kinds of excuses that it's such a horrible thing and everyone knows it happened so individuals which openly deny it and whatnot, should be rebuked. But at the end of the day, they are doing the same thing which they condemn elsewhere.

Quath
Apprentice

Post #16

Post by Quath »

LaaIlahaIllAllah wrote: No, I believe that we should rule by the laws set by God, not man-made laws.
And everyone argues over what God said or didn't say. In the end, it is the religion with the biggest weapons who determines the "truth" of what is allowed to said in the name of God.

That is why I like freedom of speech. Let someone say that God wants fag killed. Or that God isn't one with Jesus. Or whatever. Let people talk and try to convince each other with reason and not with force.
I'm just giving you the KKK example to show you that it is a bit narrow-minded to say that these societies have so much "freedom" in all aspects of life and are therefore better.
It is a good think we have the KKK. It is much better for them to be out in public instead of plotting in secret. Let them enjoy the ridicule they get for their bigoted views, just like Fred Phelps gets for his rants against homosexuality. The KKK puts out their ideas, and if they are bad ideas, they get out-reasoned. I have no fear of bad ideas as long as I still have the freedom to disagree with them.
Actually, even in these societies there are things which are not allowed to be spoken, such as denying the holocaust. So much for their banners and flags of free-speech. Then they give you all kinds of excuses that it's such a horrible thing and everyone knows it happened so individuals which openly deny it and whatnot, should be rebuked. But at the end of the day, they are doing the same thing which they condemn elsewhere.
These are countries that do not have full free speech. I disagree with Germany on not letting people deny the Holocaust. They don't have full free speech. I support hate speech as well.

The only limitations of speech are stuff like slander, libel, copyright infringement, giving out state secrets and instigating a riot.

micatala
Site Supporter

Post #17

Post by micatala »

LaaIlahaIllAllah wrote:
99percentatheism wrote:

. . .. ..

We are all painfully aware of WHAT "Islam" is and wants for all of us. Death or "submission." The history is well written . . . and alive and well as we live today.
Yes! Death to all infidels !! ....... Huzzah!!

Idiot.

Moderator Comment

LaaIlahaIllAllah should avoid personal attacks like calling someon an idiot.

Please review the Rules.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster.

:warning: Moderator Warning

I would admonish 99percentatheism to avoid inflammatory rhetoric.You have a number of posts like this and have received previous warnings.

Please review our Rules.

Moderator warnings count as a strike against users. Additional violations in the future may warrant a final warning. Any challenges or replies to moderator postings should be made via Private Message to avoid derailing topics.
" . . . the line separating good and evil passes, not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either, but right through every human heart . . . ." Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Moses Yoder
Guru

Post #18

Post by Moses Yoder »

Quath wrote:
LaaIlahaIllAllah wrote: I just want to inform you that these people that nothing to do with Islam and are not Muslims:
This sounds like the No True Scotsman fallacy. They could just as easily claim that you are not a true Muslim because you don't follow their true and righteous ways.

But for the book burning, this should not have even been an issue with anyone. It is a book and is no more magical than burning Twilight or Origin of Species. You can burn the message and to pretend that burning the book destroys anything is silly. It is simple freedom of speech. The pastor's speech is showing he does not agree with Islam (which should be obvious to anyone).

The reaction should have been: "How weird. He is buying books and burning them. What a waste of money. Ironically, he is paying for the books, which helps the publishers and may help them make more books."

For anyone to get angry over this shows some weird idolatry over a physical book.

So let him burn as many books as he wants so long as he is not taking someone else's book or causing a fire hazard.

Why did he burn the book? What was his intent?

The same question, worded differently; if a stranger walked up to you and spit a big wad of tobacco juice in your face, would you be offended?
Matthew 16:26
New King James Version (NKJV)
26 For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?