Praise to the King
Mountains bow down
And the seas will roar
At the sound of Your Name

Mightor
Student

Post #11

Post by Mightor »

Illyricum wrote:Mightor, if you want people to take you seriously, than I suggest that you act seriously.
Mightor wonders if Illyricum can read through Mightor's accent, or just prejudice against cavemen.

Illyricum
Apprentice

Post #12

Post by Illyricum »

That's what I mean by being serious, there are no cavemen, and even if the were, none of them would be alive now.
So from Jerusalem all the way around to Illyricum, I have fully proclaimed the gospel of Christ.

Romans 15:19

Mightor
Student

Post #13

Post by Mightor »

Illyricum wrote:That's what I mean by being serious, there are no cavemen, and even if the were, none of them would be alive now.
Mightor say please debate issue, not existence of cavemen. Mightor say that topic for another thread.

Mightor say death penalty right and just in some cases. Ted Bundy for example. He a puny human who killed many, was caught, escaped prison, killed more, and would never have stopped unless killed. Mightor say that kind of puny human have no purpose. Better to kill. Not for revenge, but for practicality and for justice for wronged puny human victims.

rebecca
Student

Post #14

Post by rebecca »

Mightor wrote: Mightor say please debate issue, not existence of cavemen. Mightor say that topic for another thread.

Mightor say death penalty right and just in some cases. Ted Bundy for example. He a puny human who killed many, was caught, escaped prison, killed more, and would never have stopped unless killed. Mightor say that kind of puny human have no purpose. Better to kill. Not for revenge, but for practicality and for justice for wronged puny human victims.
My only issue with the death penalty is the distinct possibility of a person being wrongly convicted and then murdered by the state. Like the A-Team almost was (they were rescued at the last minute by Murdock).

As a side-note, Mightor, I think I'm in love with you.

Mightor
Student

Post #15

Post by Mightor »

rebecca wrote:My only issue with the death penalty is the distinct possibility of a person being wrongly convicted and then murdered by the state. Like the A-Team almost was (they were rescued at the last minute by Murdock).

As a side-note, Mightor, I think I'm in love with you.
Mightor of course agree. Mightor would want overwhelming evidence in death penalty case. But right now, Mightor say, there are gradients of punishment, but not guilt. Puny human found guilty of horrible murder, maybe gets death penalty even though evidence circumstantial. Mightor only want see death penalty in cases with hard evidence. But that not way system work right now.

Mightor would address second statement, but Mrs. Mightor carry big Club of Husband Clubbing.

rebecca
Student

Post #16

Post by rebecca »

Mightor wrote: Mightor would address second statement, but Mrs. Mightor carry big Club of Husband Clubbing.
I understand, of course. I'll continue my infatuation from afar.

littlesoul
Student

Post #17

Post by littlesoul »

I support capital punishment, with the reservation that today's society is way big and way messy, there are miscarriages of justice aplenty, and a genenral lowering of standards as 'anything' increasingly 'goes'. All these things make capital justice very unattractive.

In India's Laws of Manu, a king could kill a murderer, and it would mitigate the suffering that the criminal would have to undergo by the laws of nature (karma) in his future lives.

Even an ordinary person could kill 5 kinds of aggressors (1. a poisoner, an arsonist, a wife-stealer, a robber, an attacker with weapons) with no karmic reaction.

Child molesters would have their goolies cut off in a public place and made to walk in a) the direction of the home of the child they molested, or b) the direction of the setting sun, until they dropped dead of blood loss.

In this system, children, women, old men and priests were exempt from punishment. Theirs were social sanctions. .

Like I said this isnt practical in today's world...[sigh]

Angry McFurious
Student

Post #18

Post by Angry McFurious »

Think though. I'd rather be dead than spend the last 50 years of life in a jail. I think almost anyone would agree. Gimmie the chair!

ST88
Site Supporter

Post #19

Post by ST88 »

If someone murdered someone I loved, I would want that person to feel immense pain. I would want that person to suffer. It might be the closest I could come to carrying out vengeance by myself.

As I see it, the only reason for capital punishment is to keep the victim's family from being prosecuted for a vengeance murder. And this can be achieved much more humanely by putting the perpetrator in protective custody for a long long time. I would hope that my government is dispassionate enough to not consider vengeance in place of justice.

I realize there is what we may call evil in some members of our society and that they will do evil things. But the real tragedy is when essentially good citizens are driven to evil to try and counter these people. And I do not want my government to carry out this kind of evil by proxy.

concerro
Apprentice

Post #20

Post by concerro »

emmy27sf wrote:capital punishment is wrong for 4 reasons
1)God created life and he is the only one eligbe to take it away
2)the bible says thou shal not murder
3)the bible says when someone slaps one cheek turn the other
4)to God all sins are the same a sin is a sin so if some one murders someone we love and we kill them then when we lie to someone they love would that not make it ok to kill us?

i also think that murder does not justify murder
1)I dont want to start another thread so I'm skipping that one
2)it is looked at as defending society from that person not murder
3)if i turn one cheek and then you slap the other, then you wont get any more slaps
4)to God they are the same becuase once we sin we are no longer perfect, to humans all wrong(crimes,sins) are not the same because they cause other humans varying degrees of difficuly. there is no way you would treat me saying somnething mean to you as trying to rape you so that is my example on a human level