Moderator: Moderators

moment_of_faith
Banned
Banned

Entire nations intercepted online

Post #1

Post by moment_of_faith »

http://rt.com/news/assange-internet-con ... arian-943/

'it is cheaper to intercept every individual rather that it is to pick particular people to spy upon'

Kathie Bondar
Apprentice

Re: Entire nations intercepted online

Post #2

Post by Kathie Bondar »

moment_of_faith wrote: http://rt.com/news/assange-internet-con ... arian-943/

'it is cheaper to intercept every individual rather that it is to pick particular people to spy upon'
It is not that I am being spied on, but how that information is being used surreptitiously. It is just too easy to arrange an accident...
i]Kathie Bondar[/i]
www.myborealis.ca

olavisjo
Site Supporter

Post #3

Post by olavisjo »

The video does not play, they have shut it down already, resistance is futile, you will be assimilated.
"I believe in no religion. There is absolutely no proof for any of them, and from a philosophical standpoint Christianity is not even the best. All religions, that is, all mythologies to give them their proper name, are merely man’s own invention..."

C.S. Lewis

Choir Loft
Banned
Banned

Post #4

Post by Choir Loft »

In the beginning of the American republic more than two hundred years ago it was fairly easy to maintain one's privacy. All you had to do was go into your house and close the door or simply leave town and do what you wanted in the wilderness.

Today everything is public. Bill Gates even wants to connect our refrigerators and toilets to the internet. What goes in and what comes out literally can become a public issue. We have become a global mob.

The NSA argument, therefore, is that its simply picking up everybody's garbage and sifting through it.

But the really sticky part is that Americans seem to love sticking their noses into everybody else's business. The neighborhood busybody is now sanctioned by the government instead of being prosecuted. It's not only ok to be a peeping Tom, it's legal. The really evil part is that everybody now believes that everybody else's business is their own.

Most are busy with their own lives, but more and more people want to snoop into our own. At what point can we defend ourselves? If a man breaks into your home you can shoot him (in most states). If a man breaks into your bank account (or what is worse - the bank itself), its not really considered a crime (the banker actually gets an award at the year end banquet for original thinking).

So the big question on my mind is - at what point can we defend our privacy with relative impunity?

and that's just me, hollering from the choir loft...
R.I.P. AMERICAN REPUBLIC
[June 21, 1788 - October 26, 2001]

- Here lies Liberty -
Born in the spring,
died in the fall.
Stabbed in the back,
forsaken by all.

keithprosser3

Post #5

Post by keithprosser3 »

I don't like the idea of being spied on, but with so much data to go sift through it seems pointless. I can't keep track of all the activity on just this board so I'm not expecting a knock on my door just because I wrote "Osama Bin Laden" in this post.

Anyway, what I write are priceless gems of literature, so I am glad someone is paying attention to my stuff, 'cos you Philistines don't.

keithprosser3

Post #6

Post by keithprosser3 »

I don't like the idea of being spied on, but with so much data to go sift through it seems pointless. I can't keep track of all the activity on just this board so I'm not expecting a knock on my door just because I wrote "Osama Bin Laden" in this post.

Anyway, what I write are priceless gems of literature, so I am glad someone is paying attention to my stuff, 'cos you Philistines don't.