Christmas

Current issues and things in the news

Moderator: Moderators

tthttf

Christmas

Post #1

Post by tthttf »

Christ did not command His followers to observe or celebrate His birthday which probably occurred around late Summer or early Fall.

The early church did not observe or celebrate it.

Christians are followers of Christ and are not to obey/follow the commandments/traditions of men which was plainly stated by Jesus Christ in Mark 7.

Therefore, Christians should keep the annual Holy Days/Fesitvals/Observances listed in the Holy Scriptures found in Leviticus 23 and not get involved with worldly holidays such as Christmas.

tthttf

koko

Post #11

Post by koko »

My reply may be somewhat off topic but here it goes:

I have always found it interesting that Christians adopted so many pagan holiday but disregarded the pagan day of Peace and Brethrenship - that is Beltane which is celebrated on May 1.

In my youth kids danced around the May Pole and celebrated this day to honor Peace keepers and the season.

Speaking of Peace Makers, let us all honor Daniel Berrigan who passed away yesterday:

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/04/activis ... ies-at-94/

Blessed are the Peace Makers for they shall be called Children of God

GTO50
Banned
Banned

Re: Christmas

Post #12

Post by GTO50 »

tthttf wrote: Christ did not command His followers to observe or celebrate His birthday which probably occurred around late Summer or early Fall.

The early church did not observe or celebrate it.

Christians are followers of Christ and are not to obey/follow the commandments/traditions of men which was plainly stated by Jesus Christ in Mark 7.

Therefore, Christians should keep the annual Holy Days/Fesitvals/Observances listed in the Holy Scriptures found in Leviticus 23 and not get involved with worldly holidays such as Christmas.

tthttf
What about the sons of God? Can we celebrate His birthday?