Malaysia's pro-islamic bigotry

Current issues and things in the news

Moderator: Moderators

Elijah John
Savant

Malaysia's pro-islamic bigotry

Post #1

Post by Elijah John »

Malaysian courts have ruled that the use of the Arabic name for God, "Allah" is for Muslims only. Malaysian Christians are not allowed to use the term in reference to God.

In Arab nations, Arab Christians use the name "Allah" to refer to the Father, even (it is my understanding) in the most Sharia observant states.

Quite ironic, imo, that the supposedly radical Muslim states are more tolerant in this regard than "moderate Malaysia".

Google: Malaysia: Allah for Muslims only.

One of my usergroups is "Abrahmic Harmony", and it used to roil me when Fundamentalist Christians claimed that Muslims worship a "different god".

Now, thanks to Malaysia, I am wondering if the Fundamentlist assertion that Muslims worship a "different god" is right. Malaysia seems determined to reinforce that assertion and misconception.

I am considering "unsubscribing" as a symbolic protest (for what it is worth) against this ruling.

Are the Malaysian courts rationale that "allowing non-Muslims to use the word "Allah" would "lead to confusion and tempt Muslims to convert to other Faiths," valid?
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.