Microchip

Current issues and things in the news

Moderator: Moderators

In the event that a microchip is designed that was going to be implanted into humans and you had to have that microchip to buy or sell anything, would that be sufficient evidence that the Bible is true?

Yes
13%
No
88%

Total votes: 16

ScioVeritas
Student

Microchip

Post #1

Post by ScioVeritas »

(If this is the wrong forum for this topic please move it to a more appropriate one)

Article: http://worldtruth.tv/scientist-believes ... ptional-2/

The thesis of the article is this: "According to researches working on human-embedded microchips it’s only a matter of time before these systems achieve widespread acceptance."

Basically the article asserts that some time in the future it will be impossible to buy or sell anything without having one of these microchips.

Revelation 13: 16-17 (NIV) It (The beast- commonly referred to among Biblical scholars as the anti-Christ) also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.

Question: In the event that a microchip is designed that was going to be implanted into humans and you had to have that microchip to buy or sell anything, would that be sufficient evidence that the Bible is true? If not, would you go ahead and get the microchip?

Goat
Site Supporter

Re: Microchip

Post #2

Post by Goat »

ScioVeritas wrote: (If this is the wrong forum for this topic please move it to a more appropriate one)

The thesis of the article is this: "According to researches working on human-embedded microchips it’s only a matter of time before these systems achieve widespread acceptance."

Basically the article asserts that some time in the future it will be impossible to buy or sell anything without having one of these microchips.

Revelation 13: 16-17 (NIV) It (The beast- commonly referred to among Biblical scholars as the anti-Christ) also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name.

Question: In the event that a microchip is designed that was going to be implanted into humans and you had to have that microchip to buy or sell anything, would that be sufficient evidence that the Bible is true? If not, would you go ahead and get the microchip?

Let me just point out something.

If a web site has the words 'True', or Truth or Real in them, it is very likely that is an oxymoron.

And, no , it would not be.
“What do you think science is? There is nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. So which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?�

Steven Novella

Neatras
Guru

Post #3

Post by Neatras »

I didn't know that all installed microchips will have the number 666 embedded in them.

Oh wait, it doesn't HAVE to be 666 to be labeled as the mark of the beast? Ah well.

OnceConvinced
Savant

Post #4

Post by OnceConvinced »

ScioVeritas wrote:
Seeing that the number of the beast is meant to be a symbolic thing, I don't see how this would line up with scripture. Besides even if people decide it's ok to have a micro chip in them I doubt it would ever get to the point that it was the law for every one to do it. And even if it's the law they're not gonna kill anybody who refuses to take it. That is sheer fantasy and would never happen in this day and age where the death penalty is being fazed out completely, especially in the western world. And even if you want to talk about dictators and anti-christs. In the western world we don't accept them. Any overt dictator would never have a chance to take control. In this age of democracy I can't see it happening. Definitely not in my life time anyway.

But for arguments sake, let's say it happened. We were all forced to take a microchip at the threat of death. This still does not line up with scripture which quite clearly says a mark. Even if you want to take it literally, a mark is not something inserted under the skin. It's something that appears visibly ON the skin.

As for whether I would take it or not, I'd probably refuse simply on the grounds of possible health risks. Not due to religious beliefs. I don't want some piece of electronics embedded in my skin.

CNorman and Goat may be able to clarify this, but I have learnt that Jews have been doing the whole numbering thing for centuries now. Orthodox Jews? By attaching the law of Moses to their foreheads in little black boxes. If so then this prophecy has already been fulfilled and was most likely taking place when the book of Revelations was written. Once again we're talking about something that is more symbolic than a literal mark.

As a Christian I saw the mark of the beast is a spiritual marking, one that you had if you were anti-Christ (and not saved) and which you didn't have if you were saved by Christ. The anti-christ is also a spirit not an actual person.

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

Check out my website: Recker's World

OnceConvinced
Savant

Post #5

Post by OnceConvinced »

Here we go:

Tefillin

https://en.wikipedia.org/?title=Tefillin

It was happening in the days of Moses. That's your mark of the beast right there. There is the curse of the law that the Christian scriptures talk about.

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

Check out my website: Recker's World

Furrowed Brow
Site Supporter

Post #6

Post by Furrowed Brow »

ScioVeritas wrote:Question: In the event that a microchip is designed that was going to be implanted into humans and you had to have that microchip to buy or sell anything, would that be sufficient evidence that the Bible is true?
No. If the bible predicted microchips, swipe technology and electronic financial transactions then maybe.

But what I think this does show is that some basic anxieties about government control are very old.
If not, would you go ahead and get the microchip?
No.

The weird thing about the modern world (or me) is that credit and debit cards were introduced and promoted as safer than cash. I hate using cards and use cash wherever possible because if I lose the cash in my wallet or it is stolen the loss is painful but one time; the consequences do not rumble on and are not catastrophic. If someone swipes my debit card details they can empty my bank account and a whole series of frustrating telephones calls and anxiety ensues. Seems to me if a microchip is sewn into my hand or arm this does not resolve my underlying anxiety; it also hands ever more power over to the corporate state. Last: If mugged I can always hand the mugger my wallet, I do not wish to lose my arm.

SailingCyclops
Site Supporter

Post #7

Post by SailingCyclops »

ScioVeritas wrote: Question: In the event that a microchip is designed that was going to be implanted into humans ......
Technology is fast moving past the need to implant anything. Biometrics is the future method of identity. My iPhone already uses my fingerprint to authorize payments, soon there will be no need for a device. An eye scan, finger print, or voice print is all that's really necessary to uniquely identify an individual.

So, if the "mark of the beast" is this identifier, then soon, everyone born will have the mark.

Does this mean everyone born into that future will automatically go to hell? Pretty absurd notion if you ask me.

But wait, there's more:

In order to buy and sell anything today we already need a social security number. It is required to open a bank account, apply for services, receive a salary .... If there were such a thing wouldn't you think it was your SS number?

Burn your evil SS card, and be assured of heaven!

Religion flies you into buildings, Science flies you to the moon.
If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities -- Voltaire
Bless us and save us, said Mrs. O'Davis

Youkilledkenny
Sage

Post #8

Post by Youkilledkenny »

[Replying to post 1 by ScioVeritas]

I wonder, where exactly in the bible does it mention, exactly, the word micro-chip?
We would have to identify this first before we could answer going forward.

Divine Insight
Savant

Post #9

Post by Divine Insight »

SailingCyclops wrote: Technology is fast moving past the need to implant anything. Biometrics is the future method of identity. My iPhone already uses my fingerprint to authorize payments, soon there will be no need for a device. An eye scan, finger print, or voice print is all that's really necessary to uniquely identify an individual.
I think this is extremely telling here.

We as SailingCyclops points out every human is already "marked" via their own unique features. We could even say that their DNA is their "mark".

Therefore our "Creator God" would have already been the one who has created us with the "mark of the beast".

So the Bible fails as nothing more than a poorly written fairy tale whose authors weren't even aware that they were already "marked" from birth.
[center]Image
Spiritual Growth - A person's continual assessment
of how well they believe they are doing
relative to what they believe a personal God expects of them.
[/center]

catnip
Guru

Post #10

Post by catnip »

ScioVeritas wrote: (If this is the wrong forum for this topic please move it to a more appropriate one)

Because I am not a literalist when it comes to Revelation, I believe the "beast" is the human ego--the person we style ourselves to be. As the "spiritual" person overcomes the "natural person", as Paul refers to it, the ego, beast, is undone.

I have no other way to say this: It is your own imperfection (666-the number 6 stands for incomplete, not perfect, contrary to the number of perfection which is 7) that is marked.