Churches burning!

Current issues and things in the news

Moderator: Moderators

1John2_26
Guru

Churches burning!

Post #1

Post by 1John2_26 »

Where is the massive demonstrations one would expect from places of worship being attacked and burned?

Why the silence about the "insults" to Christianity?

Why aren't Christians burning and rioting over this "violation?"
Fires Reported at 3 More Ala. Churches

Associated Press

16 minutes ago

Fires damaged three more rural Baptist churches in Alabama following rash of suspected arsons that burned five churches south of Birmingham last week, a state official said Tuesday.

Ragan Ingram, a spokesman for the state insurance agency that oversees fire investigations, said the fires reported Tuesday were at Dancy First Baptist Church near Aliceville, Spring Valley Baptist Church near Emelle, and Morning Star Missionary Baptist Church near Boligee.

He said the extent of damage was not immediately known and it wasn't immediately clear when the three churches burned. State and federal fire investigators were sent to the scenes, he said.

"Obviously we're going to investigate these as suspected arsons," Ingram said.

Early Friday, three rural Baptist churches were destroyed and two others were damaged in rural Bibb County, about 25 miles south of Birmingham.

The three fires that were reported Tuesday were in three sparsely populated counties in west Alabama near the Mississippi line.

Ingram said that in the past five years there have been 58 church fires in Alabama, 19 of those ruled arsons.

Agents investigating the Bibb County fire said Tuesday they were looking for a dark-colored sport-utility vehicle in connection with the blazes.

Members of Old Union Baptist Church in Brierfield told The Associated Press in interviews that they saw a dark Nissan Pathfinder near the building as they arrived to put out a fire shortly after 4 a.m. Friday.

The state fire marshal's office, meanwhile, said a fire Thursday afternoon at a church in rural Chilton County was accidental and unrelated to the others.

Lotan
Guru

Post #2

Post by Lotan »

1John2_26 wrote:Where is the massive demonstrations one would expect from places of worship being attacked and burned?
I'll betcha it was them homosexuals...

Seriously, 1John, why don't you post this on the "Current Events" thread where it belongs?
And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto His people. Exodus 32:14

Cathar1950
Site Supporter

Post #3

Post by Cathar1950 »

Lotan maybe it was because they let a homsexual in church and felt that it had to be cleansed with fire.
Did any one leave a note?

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #4

Post by McCulloch »

Moved to Current Events.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

juliod
Guru

Post #5

Post by juliod »

Because it is christians doing the burning.

Essentially all arson attacks against christian churches in the US are committed by right-wing christian groups. Chew on that, bub.

Who opposes these attack? Why, it's the liberals and humanists.

http://www.splcenter.org/legal/docket/f ... 9&sortID=0

On the evening of June 21, 1995, members of the Christian Knights poured flammable liquids on the floor of a 100-year-old black Baptist church, ignited a fire and watched the building go up in flames. The structure was completely destroyed, but the spirit of the congregation was not.
The Center brought the case on behalf of Macedonia Baptist Church, one of several rural black churches burned by arsonists in the mid-1990s.

A South Carolina jury awarded the largest judgment ever against a hate group. The Christian Knights of the KKK, its state leader, and four other Klansmen were ordered to pay $37.8 million, later reduced by a judge to $21.5 million, for their conspiracy to burn a black church.

What do you hate worse? The burning of churches? Or that jews and liberals help protect the churches?

What have you done to restrain the right-wing of your community? Nothing, you support them.

DanZ

1John2_26
Guru

Post #6

Post by 1John2_26 »

Dan,

Try not to violate the rules of this site. Try not to.
Quote:

Because it is christians doing the burning.

Essentially all arson attacks against christian churches in the US are committed by right-wing christian groups. Chew on that, bub.
So following the teacjinhs of Christ and forgiving people really happens? Of course in Christian Churches.
Who opposes these attack? Why, it's the liberals and humanists.
While they rejoice at the slaughter of unborn children. Not even southern Baptists fall in that camp.

http://www.splcenter.org/legal/docket/f ... 9&sortID=0
On the evening of June 21, 1995, members of the Christian Knights poured flammable liquids on the floor of a 100-year-old black Baptist church, ignited a fire and watched the building go up in flames. The structure was completely destroyed, but the spirit of the congregation was not.
That would be their Christian spirit.
The Center brought the case on behalf of Macedonia Baptist Church, one of several rural black churches burned by arsonists in the mid-1990s.

A South Carolina jury awarded the largest judgment ever against a hate group. The Christian Knights of the KKK, its state leader, and four other Klansmen were ordered to pay $37.8 million, later reduced by a judge to $21.5 million, for their conspiracy to burn a black church.

What do you hate worse? The burning of churches? Or that Jews and liberals help protect the churches?
I hate no one. I have the love of Christ Jesus in my spirit. I forgive your personal insult.
What have you done to restrain the right-wing of your community? Nothing, you support them.
In what way? Your opinion is no where supported. I have spent many Sundays in a Baptist church.

juliod
Guru

Post #7

Post by juliod »

So following the teacjinhs of Christ and forgiving people really happens? Of course in Christian Churches.
If forgiveness is such a big christian deal, why are christians burning down other christian churches?
While they rejoice at the slaughter of unborn children.
Only YHWH rejoices at the slaughter of the unborn. Read Hosea recently?
That would be their Christian spirit.
Do you mean the spirit of the Christian Knights?
I hate no one. I have the love of Christ Jesus in my spirit. I forgive your personal insult.
But you didn't answer the question. Which is worse? Being a racist arsonist christian, or being a liberal humanist defender of churches? Come on, we really want to know your answer.
In what way? Your opinion is no where supported.
In what way have you helped restrain the right wing of your church?

DanZ

Cephus
Prodigy

Post #8

Post by Cephus »

I have to agree with juliod, it's likely Christians that are burning down the churches. The other alternative, although there doesn't seem to be a pattern to suggest this is the case, are people that are sick and tired of Christian hypocracy and are striking back.

But more likely, it's Christians burning down each other's churches. Arson against a church is no different than arson against any other building, sorry.