Current issues and things in the news

Moderator: Moderators

Miles
Savant

Kim Davis’ May Be Headed Back To Jail

Post #1

Post by Miles »

One can only hope. Anyway . . . . .

"Rowan County Clerk Kim Davis may have breached a federal court order when she heavily modified marriage licenses to remove her name, an attorney for one of Davis’ deputies warns in a filing Friday.

Davis, the elected county clerk who believes same-sex marriage is a sin, spent five days in jail for refusing to obey a federal judge’s order that she issue the licenses to same-sex couples.

Deputy Clerk Brian Mason began providing the forms to couples earlier this month while Davis remained in jail, and he has continued to give them out following her release.

U.S. District Judge David Bunning warned Davis not to interfere with deputies when he released her from custody, but she altered the marraige licenses in several places when she returned to work the following week.

The changes removed any mention of Davis’ name or her office, and the form now states that it was issued pursuant to a federal court order rather than the county clerk."

source

Bust Nak
Savant

Re: Kim Davis’ May Be Headed Back To Jail

Post #31

Post by Bust Nak »

[Replying to post 29 by KRBondar]

Sure, race is just the pigment in the skin. But that doesn't tell me if you are consistent when it comes to wanting separate categories of marriage licences for unconventional setting. If one marriage setting needs to be separate for being unconventional, why not all unconventional settings?

KRBondar
Student

Post #32

Post by KRBondar »

[Replying to Kenisaw]

I took political geography in college ans some of my courses consisted basically just reading certain books with some discussions in class. The books were interesting but I thought the discussion part was a waste of time.
I read a lot, among them a book about women in espionage, and it was a dandy.
Kathie Bondar
author of 'Voices from the Parallel Universe'

KRBondar
Student

Post #33

Post by KRBondar »

[Replying to post 31 by Bust Nak]

Yes, you are right. Perhaps the wording on the licence should be changed to indicate the type of union. My concern is the children who have no choice in the matter. They should be entitled to an upbringing providing them with best possible preparation to function in society. I think what you are suggesting is that society needs to change. I don't think so.
Yes, there are dysfunctional heterosexual families, so why not just address the issue of the dysfunction?
The most often question asked in abusive situations is, how can God permit this happen? My answer is a little long, so please bear with me.
I studied the subject, namely the mechanics of reincarnation, and it is not a simple matter. It starts with the concept of the "other world". At death the "soul body" breaks the bond with the physical body and is now "over there"
When we are not here, we are in the "other world" or some call it "astral". We come back to Earth once in approx. a thousand years. Our past performance here on Earth and in the astral is evaluated, and the course of our new life here is charted. Within these parameters we have free will. Something like enrolling a child in boarding school. If you in your past life has been a ruthless dictator, say Hitler, and got away with it, you are not going to have a cushy life when you are sent back here. (By the way, because Hitler died by suicide, he has been thrown right back to Earth, to Canada of all places, where he has become a serial child killer).
Kathie Bondar

Black Sheep
Banned
Banned

Post #34

Post by Black Sheep »

[Replying to KRBondar]

I have a problem with political correctness, and with gay marriage too. I wouldn't sign a marriage certificate for a gay couple...It's against my religion! I don't think we should call it marriage. Not long ago, lots of business' here in NH use to have a sign that said, "we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone." or something like that. I agree with it. If I own a plumbing company and the mosque down the road ask me to put a furnace in for them I wouldn't do it. If I owned a store and Muslims came in to shop, sorry, I should have the right to serve people I DON'T want! Why would I want to sell anything to a Muslim knowing it's THEIR religion that just killed my friends best friend! Or beheaded James Foley in the town next door? You think I'm anti-Islamic? Just wait til' after the next 911!

Political correctness is destroying America. I hate it. BAN Islam from the USA before it's too late! Well, I think it is too late. And before I get the "why do you hate Muslim's line." Let me say that I don't hate Muslims. I hate the entire religion of Islam. I think NH is up to three people who've been beheaded by Muslims. Not to mention the pilot and all the people who were on the planes that hit the towers.

Sorry for the partial derailment.

Bust Nak
Savant

Post #35

Post by Bust Nak »

[Replying to post 34 by Black Sheep]

So what happens if/when you become the minority and can't find a tradesman for a job you need doing because they exercise the right to refuse service to you? "Political correctness" is there to help you as much as help Muslims.

Black Sheep
Banned
Banned

Post #36

Post by Black Sheep »

[Replying to post 35 by Bust Nak]

Then I go somewhere else just like we all do when you don't like something. There's a law in the books that actually bans Islam in the USA. I can't wait for somebody to enforce it. I got this from a man who was a minister for about 25 years, started several Churches, and is now an Atheist.

"The Immigration and Nationality Act passed June 27, 1952, revised the laws relating to immigration, naturalization, and nationality for the United States. That act, which became Public Law 414, established both the law and the intent of Congress regarding the immigration of Aliens to the US and remains in effect today. Among the many issues it covers, one in particular, found in Chapter 2 section 212, is the prohibition of entry to the US if the Alien belongs to an organization seeking to overthrow the government of the United States by " force, violence, or other unconstitutional means. This rules out the Islamic immigration to the United States."

http://brucegerencser.net/2015/12/no-mu ... -usa-1952/

Do I need to familiarize you with Sharia Law and Islam's main goal of dominating the world through demographics and terrorism?

Bust Nak
Savant

Post #37

Post by Bust Nak »

Black Sheep wrote: Then I go somewhere else just like we all do when you don't like something.
Then why not go elsewhere right now, you don't seem to like laws that protect Muslims.
There's a law in the books that actually bans Islam in the USA. I can't wait for somebody to enforce it. I got this from a man who was a minister for about 25 years, started several Churches, and is now an Atheist.

"The Immigration and Nationality Act passed June 27, 1952, revised the laws relating to immigration, naturalization, and nationality for the United States. That act, which became Public Law 414, established both the law and the intent of Congress regarding the immigration of Aliens to the US and remains in effect today. Among the many issues it covers, one in particular, found in Chapter 2 section 212, is the prohibition of entry to the US if the Alien belongs to an organization seeking to overthrow the government of the United States by " force, violence, or other unconstitutional means. This rules out the Islamic immigration to the United States."

http://brucegerencser.net/2015/12/no-mu ... -usa-1952/

Do I need to familiarize you with Sharia Law and Islam's main goal of dominating the world through demographics and terrorism?
By all means ban members of groups such as ISIS or Al Qaeda from the country. But why paint all Muslims with the same brush?

KRBondar
Student

Post #38

Post by KRBondar »

[Replying to post 30 by Divine Insight]

Am I to understand that gay households don't have domestic violence?
Kathie Bondar

KRBondar
Student

Post #39

Post by KRBondar »

rspielmann
Student

Re:New member

Post #40

Post by rspielmann »

hi, guys, I'm new to this so I'm just seeing if it works. Anyone want to talk about Sam Harris' critique of Christianity? Just wondering.