74%

Total votes: 35

kctheshootinfool
Student

End Times Prophecy --Are we there yet?

Post #1

Post by kctheshootinfool »

Are we there yet?

Ever since Christ lived, people have been predicting the end of the world -- the second coming of Christ. End-times prophecy is running rampant today, maybe even moreso today than in years past. Most Biblical scholars believe all the prophecies before Jesus' second coming have been fulfulled, and the current "signs of the times" are a full indication that the end -- i.e., the rapture, tribulation, and the second coming -- are likely within our lifetime, even within the next decade or two.

50 years ago Israel became it's own nation. The european union is believed to be the 'rise of the revived roman empire', from which the antichrist will come. The euro-dollar is believed to be the mark of the one-world currency, China and Russia's rise to power is believed to be the fortold kings of the north and east in Revelation and Daniel. Now, this conflict with Iran's nuclear program is believed to possibly mark the beginning of the attack on Israel from Persia.

Of course, there were those who believed Hitler was the antichrist. Many leaders of the past have been mistaken for the antichrist as well. So obviously our radar isnt very accurate.

This is not limited to Christianity. Others also believe the fact that the Mayan calendar ends in December, 2012 indicates an end to the world (at least as we know it).

The Bible says we will not know the day or the hour, not even the angels will know, but it does warn us to be watchful for the signs. So, from a religious perspective or otherwise, are we really looking at the beginning of the end? If so, how close are we? Or, is the analysis of today's "signs" just as erroneous or meaningless as the signs of the past?

daedalus 2.0
Banned
Banned

Post #31

Post by daedalus 2.0 »

Who said within 10 years!? Show yourself!

What kind of fear-mongering, negative, depressing and utterly religious thinking is that?

And you better have a good explanation for scaring children.
Imagine the people who believe ... and not ashamed to ignore, totally, all the patient findings of thinking minds through all the centuries since the Bible.... It is these ignorant people�who would force their feeble and childish beliefs on us...I.Asimov

OnceConvinced
Savant

Post #32

Post by OnceConvinced »

I was wondering about those who voted "in the next 10 years" too. Do those people realise that people have been insisting Christ will return "in the next 10 years" for many many decades now? Possibly centuries. What makes them think they are right this time while thousands, perhaps even millions before them have been wrong.

You can come up with all sorts of convincing arguments that the end is near, but be prepared to be disappointed when you find out you're wrong. Nothing has ever been as bad for Christians as it was back in the days of Nero. Until Christians in this day and age start getting fed to lions or turned into human candles, then maybe they can claim to be suffering persecution. Maybe then, they can claim the end is near.

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

Check out my website: Recker's World

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #33

Post by JoeyKnothead »

OnceConvinced cannot, with all that smirking in that avatar, cannot say they didn't push the 10 year button.

I have no proof of this, and frankly I think OnceConvinced is a good, decent person, but c'mon, that avatar, that 10 year button, that avatar, that 10 year button.

mtbike61384
Student

Post #34

Post by mtbike61384 »

I voted for the 50 years but I do think that it will be within 20 years if not sooner. If you look a prophecy in revelation there are so many signs that have happened to prove that we are very close to the end. Once the beast gets control over all the world via a one world government the time will be short. I feel that we are close to that moment with the economic crisis and so many countries calling for a one world authority. Check out this great site that explains from the bible end time prophecy and how close we are.
http://www.endoftheworldprophecy.com/