Is there an answer to Islamic terrorism?

Current issues and things in the news

Moderator: Moderators

marco
Savant

Is there an answer to Islamic terrorism?

Post #1

Post by marco »

And so beautiful Barcelona joins the list of cities terrorists have attacked. I don't doubt that there are those who will say America and the West are responsible. One of the terrorists apparently wrote of his desire to kill infidels.

I was in Madrid a few weeks ago and had intended to revisit Barcelona and its busy street, Las Ramblas, where the atrocities occurred. So terror is just a breath away, at least here in Europe.

Is it possible for those who want to kill to be educated if not by impious Westerners by Imams? Are those who want to kill "infidels" already known in their home circles? Obviously the scale of this lunacy will grow and we will hear on our screens the fatuous: "They will not win." But they do.

What can we do to ensure "they will not win"? Should the world convert to Islam, at least nominally?

koko

Post #221

Post by koko »

... the Israelites, encouraged by God, forcibly seized lands.

That is true according to the Old Testament. According to the New Testament, they were to turn the other cheek, to refrain from fighting the invasion and occupation of the land by Romans, and to be at peace with all men. Funny how professing Christians do the exact opposite with Third World countries while claiming to worship the Prince of Peace.

koko

Post #222

Post by koko »

The common factor in terrorist attacks is that the perpetrators are Muslim and they invariably praise Allah after their lethal exercise.

The imperialistic attack of unmitigated terrorism upon Iraq and Afghanistan along with their genocidal depredations were infinitely more lethal. In fact, certain extremist right wing evangelists had high praise for Bush:

https://www.azquotes.com/quote/1432498

who reportedly claimed he was inspired by God to launch his evil invasions: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2005/oct/07/iraq.usa

Funny how he never found his nebulous WMD, claimed "Mission Accomplished", and lied about his "justification" for war as shown in the Downing Street Memo: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Downing_Street_memo

Again, unlike Muslims, Christians claim to worship the Prince of Peace. Yet, we plainly see from all the examples above that many of these Christian professing leaders are genocidal terrorists whose evil actions are infintely worse than anything done by al-Qaeda and ISIS combined. Want to stop the latter? Easy - stop the former whose evils prompt their retaliatory actions.

marco
Savant

Post #223

Post by marco »

koko wrote:

Because of this, the invasion could not be rightfully called a Muslim invasion of a Christian nation as the latter sought to secede from that particular union.

Secession/ethnic cleansing were issues in the other conflicts such as Turkey/Armenia, Sudan, and Nigeria. By the way, in Africa, many more people were killed in the Hutu/Tsutsi conflict with both groups claiming to be Christian.

When Christians kill Muslims it is the evil West. When Muslims kill Christians we can call it some internal dispute, just simple cleansing, an aberration.

If we see only one side I suppose there are euphemisms for the atrocities of the other side.

Basically I would much rather live in the so-called wicked West than in one of the theocracies where the Saturday entertainment is a stoning. But by all means defend barbarity over modern ways. No one is saying the West is perfect. No one is saying Israel is angelic, but she is the only democracy in the region. That counts for something, surely. An important fact is that in the West people can openly criticise, and do. Try doing that in Muslim lands.

Abdelrahman
Student

Re: Is there an answer to Islamic terrorism?

Post #224

Post by Abdelrahman »

“A beautifully objective view! You realise the lands occupied by Muslims were once lands occupied by Christians. Through the centuries there have been wars, victors and victims. I don't for a minute think the thugs who holler Allah Akbar know much about Lepanto.�
Yes I doubt they do too, because the thugs that carry out terrorist attacks are not educated on their religion, so I doubt they are educated historically.
“But it is creditable to see the point of view of those who burn folk alive and teach children the appropriate way to decapitate. “
No one is saying that they are justified. That is exactly the opposite of what we’re saying. I and all the other 1.5 billion of us strongly condemn any violence that takes innocent life. What I’m saying is that you can trace back the cause of ‘Islamic’ terrorism to politics. All terrorist groups, whether Islamic or non, have political agendas. If you drone down someone’s village trying to target one individual and end up destroying the entire village, don’t be surprised if those same uneducated village people start doing stupid things.
“At least the West has gifted them mobile phones with which to detonate bombs, so we have not been entirely selfish.�
LOL. Do you really want to play that card? The west wouldn’t have paper (invented by the Chinese in the 1st century but brought to the West by Muslim merchants), Universities (first degree-granting university founded by a MUSLIM WOMEN), algebra including the number ‘0’, optics (including the camera obscura which explains how eyes see images), musical scales (derived from Arabic alphabet), English numbers (yes 1,2,3,4 are originally Arabic numerals), the toothbrush, clocks, the crank and hospitals (yes the first hospital came from MUSLIMS in 9th century Egypt that provided free care for anyone that needed it based on REAL ISLAMIC TEACHING), if it wasn’t for Muslims.

While Islam was having its golden age where many of the above inventions were being discovered, Europe was stuck in the dark ages. People travelled long and far to study at Muslim universities – the top in the world at the time.

If I were to list the amount of things invented by Muslims you’d be surprised. I advise you to read up on the matter!
“Reminder: we live in the 21st century. As for your reading of "beating wives" it is not so much an interpretation but a re-writing of Muhammad's dictation.�
I don’t get it. Would you like to rewrite the Qur’an yourself? Do you speak Arabic? You are clearly not being honest with yourself here, I already proved clearly what the verse means and what the Prophet (pbuh) taught.

But incase you're not convinced yet, here's another:

Narrated Mu'awiyah ibn Haydah:
I said: Apostle of Allah, how should we approach our wives and how should we leave them? He replied: Approach your tilth when or how you will, give her (your wife) food when you take food, clothe when you clothe yourself, do not revile her face, and do not beat her.

And another:

A’ishah (wife of prophet ) said: “The Messenger of Allah never beat a servant nor a woman (of his wives).� (by Al-Albani)

And another:

Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) as saying: "He who believes in Allah and the Hereafter, if he witnesses any matter he should talk in good terms about it or keep quiet. Act kindly towards woman

And yet another:

He also said: “No believing man should hate a believing woman (his wife): if he dislikes one characteristic of her, of a surety, he would be pleased with some another characteristic of her � (Muslim)

So It’s pretty clear what we believe and what the Prophet (pbuh) did, but by all means, invent your own interpretation please. You can call it the 'marco' school of Islam lol. I know how bad you want to believe that Islam makes us all backwards and makes us beat women, but unfortunately history has shown that not only did Muslims make huge contributions to science, but our religion also gave rights to women hundreds of years before the Western civilizations even considered them human and that’s FACT.
“I cannot believe you are comparing 7th century brutal customs with those of 20th century.�
I can’t believe I am either! How did women in the West go all these years without voting. Without the right to education, the right to inherit, the right to OWN PROPERTY. How was it that only 100 years ago it was debated whether they were even human!! I mean that’s preposterous. Getting equal pay is STILL being debated today. Unbelievable .

Do not let the hijab full you brother. Muslim women are strong independent women who lead the lives they choose. If it wasn’t for Islam, many woman would have gone hundreds of years without voting, education, inheritance, equal pay, identity preservation, property protection and guess what.. divorce. Yes Muslim women can divorce whomever they choose. A great advancement in my opinion, compared to their counterparts in Europe whom couldn’t. Imagine, you have a problem with your husband woman? Tough luck, live through it. Thank God Muslims are allowed to divorce and thank God for Islam.

The west was in the dark ages 700 years later where women were viewed as ‘evil temptresses’, could not vote, were paid much less than men, women did not have access to education and guess what… unmarried women that inherited large amounts of land were many times forced to surrender their land to their husbands when they got married. This is 700 years AFTER Islam taught that women should vote, get paid equally and yes, KEEP THEIR LAND. It’s simply facts and boy do I love facts :)
“Muhammad seized woman slaves and made them his concubines. Today some Muslim countries have women as second class citizens, and stoning is still in evidence, so let's not claim the moral high ground for Islam.�
First off, Muhammad (pbuh) taught to free slaves and he forbade concubines. There are many many famous stories of slaves being freed by Muslims buying their freedom. One such story is of a famous man who was dark skinned, who the Prophet (pbuh) taught him that man is equal, no matter what skin colour, how rich, how noble you are. The slaves name was Bilal he came unto be one of the great figures of Islam. Islam taught that all men were equal. Slavery already existed at the time, and to abolish it completely wouldn’t have been effective.

So Muslims were first instructed not to beat slaves or treat them badly and that they should eat at the same table as you. That people should not call their slaves ‘hey slave’ and they not call their masters ‘oh lord’. Then Islam encouraged the freeing of slaves, and taught about the great reward in doing so. Then finally Islam strongly encourages freeing slaves to the point that no Muslims today have any slaves and would not be interested in any.

This was done periodically out of the wisdom of revelation. God made people make the change slowly because He knew it would’ve been too difficult on humans otherwise. The same thing was done with alcohol. When Islam first emerged, Alcohol was not banned. Verses kept getting revealed until Muslims were instructed to not drink.. and since they had already believed in revelation, the commandment wasn’t too difficult.

Don’t even get me started on what the west did with slavery. What Christians did to a whole continent of people. There is not one verse in the Qur’an that calls to taking slaves and in Islam we only find the opposite, the encouragement to free slaves and how to treat them if you were living at the time and had any. Compare that to how the West treated their slaves at the same time. Unreal, you simply cannot compare the two.

Secondly, the majority of Muslims consider Saudi Arabia and the like not to be practicing Islam correctly. We can do one test to judge whether a country is practicing proper Islam or making its citizens live in fear to control them and that is to check if the people of that country voted for their leader. In Islam, the people of the nation VOTE for their leaders. The leaders in Saudi are not voted, and they want to keep it that way. You say anything against the government and you're killed and if you're lucky just locked up. They keep their citizens in fear. There is a way Islam is meant to be practiced when it comes to governments and they're simply not doing it correctly. Ask your Muslim neighbours or friends if you have any!

I also strongly suggest you read your own history brother!

Sorry for the late reply!

koko

Post #225

Post by koko »

marco wrote:

When Christians kill Muslims it is the evil West. When Muslims kill Christians we can call it some internal dispute, just simple cleansing, an aberration.

If we see only one side I suppose there are euphemisms for the atrocities of the other side.

Basically I would much rather live in the so-called wicked West than in one of the theocracies where the Saturday entertainment is a stoning. But by all means defend barbarity over modern ways. No one is saying the West is perfect. No one is saying Israel is angelic, but she is the only democracy in the region. That counts for something, surely. An important fact is that in the West people can openly criticise, and do. Try doing that in Muslim lands.

"Euphemisms"

Yes, people do try to couch their activities in words that attempt to make their side look more wholesome or godly. The biggest difference here being that Christian professing people claim to worship the Prince of Peace who demanded that his followers practice (not just preach) Peace. Instead of obeying his teachings they do the exact opposite by fomenting endless imperialistic war in his name. In fact, right wing Bush called his wars in the Middle East a "crusade" which is a term deemed highly offensive in that region.

While you may not be saying the West is perfect, I in turn do not attempt to say the Middle East is perfect. But in these conflicts they were not the ones to throw the proverbial first punch which brought on the troubles. They have been victims for centuries and have repeatedly turned the other cheek. Anyone who denies that needs to take history lessons.

As for Israel being a democracy, try to sell that idea to Palestinians. Iran had a democracy until the Christian professing USA invaded in 1953, toppled a democratically elected government, stole billions in capital, and killed thousands. This was done by Republican Eisenhower whose party claims to be the principled world leader in moral Christianity. What would the Prince of Peace say about those terrorist actions?

Again, is there an answer to Islamic terrorism? Yes there is - end Western colonialist terrorist action. The West needs to stop claiming to be Christian - it needs to practice true Christianity. Then we will have Peace.