Mixed Marriages

Current issues and things in the news

Moderator: Moderators

2ndRateMind
Site Supporter

Mixed Marriages

Post #1

Post by 2ndRateMind »

Clearly, this royal engagement is deplorable.

How could any US citizen think it acceptable for an American to marry an unemployed, Anglo-German-Greek mongrel?

Best wishes, 2RM.

Tcg
Savant

Re: Mixed Marriages

Post #2

Post by Tcg »

2ndRateMind wrote: Clearly, this royal engagement is deplorable.
It isn't clear to me why it should be deemed deplorable. Given that you haven't explained why you think it is, I don't know why you consider it so.
How could any US citizen think it acceptable for an American to marry an unemployed, Anglo-German-Greek mongrel?
I'm not sure why anyone, US citizen or otherwise, should consider the marriage of consenting adults anything but acceptable. What is your objection?

JP Cusick
Guru

Post #3

Post by JP Cusick »

2ndRateMind wrote: Clearly, this royal engagement is deplorable.

Best wishes, 2RM.
There is a compelling claim that dirty Harry is really an illegitimate son of Diana and her adulterer lover, and so based on that then to marry a divorced mixed race wife from the USA is perfectly fitting.

Now this marriage brings everything above-board, and rightly so.

We simply must believe that God Himself pulled the strings - because otherwise such folly could not be orchestrated and corrected with such perfection.

It is not deplorable - it is a miracle.
SIGNATURE:

An unorthodox Theist & a heretic Christian:

2ndRateMind
Site Supporter

Post #4

Post by 2ndRateMind »

Oh dear.

My sense of humour is bone-dry, and perhaps it doesn't travel well.

Whatever, you should all know that I wish this couple every happiness. What's more, I just love it's implications as to the royal attitude to racism.

And even more than that, I truly hope it will be an excuse for you yanks and us brits to forge an ever closer international relationship.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Tcg
Savant

Post #5

Post by Tcg »

2ndRateMind wrote:
My sense of humour is bone-dry, and perhaps it doesn't travel well.
I'm glad you replied because this post doesn't match the tone of your other posts and as a result I was very confused by it. Humor can at times be very difficult to determine over the internet.

Furrowed Brow
Site Supporter

Post #6

Post by Furrowed Brow »

2ndRateMind wrote:How could any US citizen think it acceptable for an American to marry an unemployed, Anglo-German-Greek mongrel?
There is no Greek blood there. Philip was Danish. His father was a Danish aristocrat parachuted in as a replacement Greek monarch by a deal done between Britain, Russia and France. The British Royal family are part British, larger part German, some Danish, maybe a little French and other European nationalities and 15% reptilian.

Harry's mother was a world beauty adored for her carrot ginger beehive hairdo. Given the obvious tendency in the royal family to a full set of thick ginger hair the obvious questions is why William is bald?

2ndRateMind
Site Supporter

Post #7

Post by 2ndRateMind »

Furrowed Brow wrote: Given the obvious tendency in the royal family to a full set of thick ginger hair the obvious questions is why William is bald?
The Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh away. But I'd happily swap my brother's hair for a beauty like Meghan.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Tcg
Savant

Post #8

Post by Tcg »

2ndRateMind wrote:
The Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh away. But I'd happily swap my brother's hair for a beauty like Meghan.
Wait, are you now entering into a serious discussion of what you claimed previously to be nothing but a very poor attempt at humor? If this was nothing but a joke, as you claimed it to be, why are you continuing to have a serious discussion about what you previously claimed was nothing but a joke?

2ndRateMind
Site Supporter

Post #9

Post by 2ndRateMind »

Tcg wrote:...you claimed previously to be nothing but a very poor attempt at humor?
I didn't say it was poor, just that it might not travel well. Dry irony, satire and sarcasm may not be the highest forms of wit; indeed, they may be altogether an acquired taste. But that some may not appreciate them is no reason not to indulge, occasionally.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Tcg
Savant

Post #10

Post by Tcg »

[Replying to post 9 by 2ndRateMind]

For some unknown reason you failed to address this question:

"If this was nothing but a joke, as you claimed it to be, why are you continuing to have a serious discussion about what you previously claimed was nothing but a joke?"

Can you explain why you ignored it?