Israel is NOT the Holy Land...

Current issues and things in the news

Moderator: Moderators

SaulToPaul
Student

Israel is NOT the Holy Land...

Post #1

Post by SaulToPaul »

There is no Holy Land. When the vision of the sheet falling from the sky was given to Peter, all were invited to become partakers of the Kingdom of God. Israel is no longer the chosen people. Individual Jews that accept and exercise faith in Jesus Christ are accepted by Jehovah and are allowed to partake in the Kingdom of Heaven, but every single person on earth is allowed such participation, if only they repent and give themselves over as complete and total willing slaves of Jehovah God.

The Jews gave up the promise when they killed Jesus. That was the end of it. Jehovah never broke his promise. The Jews did.

bluethread
Savant

Re: Israel is NOT the Holy Land...

Post #11

Post by bluethread »

2ndRateMind wrote:
bluethread wrote:
2ndRateMind wrote: [Replying to post 1 by SaulToPaul]

To the best of my knowledge, kind, moral, free, decent England is God's own country.

Best wishes, 2RM.
Where in England would one find such a place? :-k It also appears that people on thread are familiar with what the Scriptures mean when they use the word "holy". It simply means that it is set apart for a purpose.
No one starves in England, or if they do, it is a matter of universal concern, and government failure. Is that purpose enough for you?

Best wishes, 2RM
If not starving is the purpose of England, then it can be considered holy. I just wonder where one could find a place in England that is indeed kind, moral, free and decent. However, I am just an ungrateful colonial, so what do I know? :usa:

Erexsaur
Apprentice

Post #12

Post by Erexsaur »

[Replying to post 1 by SaulToPaul]

Hello SaulToPaul,
SaulToPaul wrote:There is no Holy Land. When the vision of the sheet falling from the sky was given to Peter, all were invited to become partakers of the Kingdom of God. Israel is no longer the chosen people. Individual Jews that accept and exercise faith in Jesus Christ are accepted by Jehovah and are allowed to partake in the Kingdom of Heaven, but every single person on earth is allowed such participation, if only they repent and give themselves over as complete and total willing slaves of Jehovah God.

The Jews gave up the promise when they killed Jesus. That was the end of it. Jehovah never broke his promise. The Jews did.

We all collectively killed Jesus because of our sinful nature. His act of allowing Himself to be executed by ungodly men was His act of laying down His life for us for our redemption.

The Jews are still God's chosen people and the Holy Land is still what it is. The Jews are a greater blessing to us than we realize. They have received more Nobel Prizes because of many important inventions. God's promise to the Jews, "And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed (Genesis 12:3 )" is still in effect.

Tcg
Savant

Post #13

Post by Tcg »

Erexsaur wrote:
We all collectively killed Jesus because of our sinful nature.
I didn't. In fact, he died almost 2 thousand years before I was born. Additionally, I don't have a sinful nature.

His act of allowing Himself to be executed by ungodly men was His act of laying down His life for us for our redemption.
I don't need redemption. He didn't lay down his life for me.

The Jews are still God's chosen people and the Holy Land is still what it is.
If God has indeed chosen the Jews, it is odd that they still don't possess all the land he promised them.

William
Savant

Post #14

Post by William »

[Replying to post 13 by Tcg]
If God has indeed chosen the Jews, it is odd that they still don't possess all the land he promised them.
Perhaps they are still working on that.

Or perhaps they decided that they have more than enough and maybe they might even one day wisely decide to share what they have with their presently oppressed neighbors.

Tcg
Savant

Post #15

Post by Tcg »

William wrote:
Perhaps they are still working on that.
If you take time to review what I said, you'll notice it addresses the promises the God of the Bible made.

Or perhaps they decided that they have more than enough and maybe they might even one day wisely decide to share what they have with their presently oppressed neighbors.
The God of the Bible has decided what they need, but has yet to fulfill his promise to provide it.

Monta
Guru

Post #16

Post by Monta »

[Replying to post 12 by Erexsaur]

"The Jews are still God's chosen people and the Holy Land is still what it is. The Jews are a greater blessing to us than we realize. They have received more Nobel Prizes because of many important inventions. God's promise to the Jews, "And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed (Genesis 12:3 )" is still in effect."

Promise made to Abraham:

Genesis 12:1-3 King James Version (KJV)

12 Now the Lord had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:

2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:

3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

Nobel Prizes not a ticket to heaven while love forgiveness charity
compassion mercy, is.

Monta
Guru

Post #17

Post by Monta »

Monta wrote: [Replying to post 12 by Erexsaur]

"The Jews are still God's chosen people and the Holy Land is still what it is. The Jews are a greater blessing to us than we realize. They have received more Nobel Prizes because of many important inventions. God's promise to the Jews, "And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed (Genesis 12:3 )" is still in effect."

Promise made to Abraham:

Genesis 12:1-3 King James Version (KJV)

12 Now the Lord had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father's house, unto a land that I will shew thee:

2 And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing:

3 And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

Nobel Prizes not a ticket to heaven while love forgiveness charity
compassion mercy, is.
WOW what a mess lack of a quotation mark makes!
Everything quoted including no 3 above should have been inside quotation mark.
My only contribution was very last small paragraph.

I suggest that if the above scripture was meant for Jews, where's their 'gift'?
They were not told to kill and steal and occupy any land.
They are certainly not a great nation nor are they respected

Checkpoint
Prodigy

Post #18

Post by Checkpoint »

The Jews are still God's chosen people and the Holy Land is still what it is.

The Jews are a greater blessing to us than we realize. They have received more Nobel Prizes because of many important inventions.

God's promise to the Jews, "And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed (Genesis 12:3 )" is still in effect.
God's chosen people are spiritual Jews, not physical ones. No land is holy, people are.

The blessings are not Nobel prizes or inventions, but are from God our Father.

The promise of blessing you quoted was made to Abraham long before there were any Jews.

TSGracchus
Scholar

Post #19

Post by TSGracchus »

Erexsaur: "We all collectively killed Jesus because of our sinful nature. His act of allowing Himself to be executed by ungodly men was His act of laying down His life for us for our redemption."

First of all, I have an alibi. I wasn't even born when the Romans nailed him up.
Secondly, if he did it to himself, or if it was necessary, there isn't any blame to be shared.
And C: If I hear one more rendition of that sorry song about how an omniscient, omnipotent, benevolent deity created a being he knew was going to disobey, and then punished all humans, until he had himself killed so he could forgive us, as long as we grovel and beg sing panigyrics for all eternity, and believe nonsense...if I see that load of chocolate ice cream (for those of you without a sense of smell it is actually diaper pudding) placed in front of me.. I may just get rude enough to break forum rules.

:2gun: [-X :raving: :raving: [-X

justme2
Apprentice

Post #20

Post by justme2 »

Divine Insight said---
“The Jews didn't kill Jesus. Jesus' own disciples were Jews. So clearly you can't say that the Jews killed Jesus.�

The truth tells a different past—

Local Rabbi’s convinced the Romans that if they crucify Jesus all the resistance would fade away

So; the Rabbi’s had Jesus crucified
A fellow Jew
What does that tell you --?

Just asking
8-)