Israel is NOT the Holy Land...

Current issues and things in the news

Moderator: Moderators

SaulToPaul
Student

Israel is NOT the Holy Land...

Post #1

Post by SaulToPaul »

There is no Holy Land. When the vision of the sheet falling from the sky was given to Peter, all were invited to become partakers of the Kingdom of God. Israel is no longer the chosen people. Individual Jews that accept and exercise faith in Jesus Christ are accepted by Jehovah and are allowed to partake in the Kingdom of Heaven, but every single person on earth is allowed such participation, if only they repent and give themselves over as complete and total willing slaves of Jehovah God.

The Jews gave up the promise when they killed Jesus. That was the end of it. Jehovah never broke his promise. The Jews did.

justme2
Apprentice

Post #21

Post by justme2 »

The promise of blessing you quoted was made to Abraham long before there were any Jews.

Abraham was and is a Jew

Such is life (:-
Note: I added the underscdore

justme2
Apprentice

The leaders of Israel were not buried in "Israel"

Post #22

Post by justme2 »

Not only was Abraham Jewish, so was Isaac, Rebekah, Israel and Leah and none of them were buried in “Israel� but instead were buried in Canaan, not the land now claimed as “Israel�. Therefor claiming the land now claimed as the true “homeland� of the Jews is false.

Genesis 25:9 His sons Isaac and Ishmael buried him [Israel] in the cave of Machpelah near Mamre, in the field of Ephron son of Zohar the Hittite,

Genesis 47:30 but when I rest with my fathers, carry me out of Egypt and bury me [ Israel ] where they are buried. "I will do as you say," he said. ;

Genesis 50:14 For his sons carried him [ Israel ] into the land of Canaan, and buried him in the cave of the field of Machpelah, which Abraham bought with the field for a possession of a burying place of Ephron the Hittite, before Mamre.

Genesis 25:9 His sons Isaac and Ishmael buried him in the cave of Machpelah near Mamre, in the field of Ephron son of Zohar the Hittite,

Genesis 47:30 but when I rest with my fathers, carry me out of Egypt and bury me [ Israel ] where they are buried." "I will do as you say," he said. ;
Genesis 49:31 There Abraham and his wife Sarah were buried, there Isaac and his wife Rebekah were buried, and there I buried Leah.

Genesis 50:10 And they came to the threshingfloor of Atad, which is beyond Jordan, and there they mourned with a great and very sore lamentation:

Genesis 50:14 For his sons carried him [ Israel ] into the land of Canaan, and buried him in the cave of the field of Machpelah, which Abraham bought with the field for a possession of a burying place of Ephron the Hittite, before Mamre.

Genesis 50:14 After burying his father, Joseph returned to Egypt, together with his brothers and all the others who had gone with him to bury his father.

You bury your great leaders in your own homeland
Which Is Not the land falsely called “Israel� today

The truth will set you free

:study:

Elijah John
Savant

Re: Israel is NOT the Holy Land...

Post #23

Post by Elijah John »

SaulToPaul wrote: [Replying to post 2 by Divine Insight]

Actually, the Jews DID kill Jesus, just not ALL of the Jews. No other nation was involved in his death. And technically, the Jews that were Jesus' disciples were no longer Jews due to the fact that they did not follow Judaism. They followed Christ, unknowingly waiting for the day when the term Christian would be born.

But you did reinforce my opinion, albeit via a more indirect route, by supporting the fact that there is no Holy Land, and so, for that, I thank you. Whatever it takes to get the message out there.
"No other nations" were involved in Jesus death? Seriously? Jesus died on a Roman cross.

But to address your OP premise more directly, isn't the land we now call Israel still the Holy Land if for no other reason than it was the setting for Jesus time on earth? Where if accounts are to be believed, he "touched down" on terra firma?
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

justme2
Apprentice

Post #24

Post by justme2 »

Elijah John wrote:But to address your OP premise more directly, isn't the land we now call Israel still the Holy Land if for no other reason than it was the setting for Jesus time on earth? Where if accounts are to be believed, he "touched down" on terra firma?
Yes, it is the Holly Land and within this Holly Land they were to set an example for others to follow.

When we speak of the chosen we also must remember what the chosen were chosen for. Below is a partial list of what they were chosen to dooo-----

(Mal 3:5 KJV) And I will come near to you to judgment; and I will be a swift witness against the sorcerers, and against the adulterers, and against false swearers, and against those that oppress the hireling in his wages, the widow, and the fatherless, and that turn aside the stranger from his right, and fear not me, saith the LORD of hosts.

(Deu 24:19 KJV) When thou cuttest down thine harvest in thy field, and hast forgot a sheaf in the field, thou shalt not go again to fetch it: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow: that the LORD thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hands.

(Deu 24:20 KJV) When thou beatest thine olive tree, thou shalt not go over the boughs again: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow.

(Deu 24:21 KJV) When thou gatherest the grapes of thy vineyard, thou shalt not glean it afterward: it shall be for the stranger, for the fatherless, and for the widow.

(Jer 7:6 KJV) If ye oppress not the stranger, the fatherless, and the widow, and shed not innocent blood in this place, neither walk after other gods to your hurt:

(Jer 22:3 KJV) Thus saith the LORD; Execute ye judgment and righteousness, and deliver the spoiled out of the hand of the oppressor: and do no wrong, do no violence to the stranger, the fatherless, nor the widow, neither shed innocent blood in this place.

(Zec 7:10 KJV) And oppress not the widow, nor the fatherless, the stranger, nor the poor; and let none of you imagine evil against his brother in your heart.

(Exo 22:21 KJV) Thou shalt neither vex a stranger, nor oppress him: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

(Exo 23:9 KJV) Also thou shalt not oppress a stranger: for ye know the heart of a stranger, seeing ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

(Lev 19:34 KJV) But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself; for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.

(Lev 25:35 KJV) And if thy brother be waxen poor, and fallen in decay with thee; then thou shalt relieve him: yea, though he be a stranger, or a sojourner; that he may live with thee.

(Deu 1:16 KJV) And I charged your judges at that time, saying, Hear the causes between your brethren, and judge righteously between every man and his brother, and the stranger that is with him.

(Deu 10:18 KJV) He doth execute the judgment of the fatherless and widow, and loveth the stranger, in giving him food and raiment.

(Deu 10:19 KJV) Love ye therefore the stranger: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

The question one must ask today is whether they are exemplifying the example God asked them to do-? :study:

Elijah John
Savant

Post #25

Post by Elijah John »

justme2 wrote: The question one must ask today is whether they are exemplifying the example God asked them to do-? :study:
No one is perfect. Those are their ideals they have embraced and aspire to. Do Christians (the vast majority) live up to the ideal of loving their enemies?

Are you being consistent?
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

justme2
Apprentice

Post #26

Post by justme2 »

Elijah John wrote:No one is perfect. Those are their ideals they have embraced and aspire to. Do Christians (the vast majority) live up to the ideal of loving their enemies?

The enemies you see are manistations of your own imagination.
No such thing as an "enemy" except for your own misguided imaginations.
Elijah John wrote:Are you being consistent?
Yes (:- 8-)

justme2
Apprentice

Post #27

Post by justme2 »

Elijah John says: “No one is perfect. Those are their ideals they have embraced and aspire to. Do Christians (the vast majority) live up to the ideal of loving their enemies?�

My beloved friend; Christians are not your “enemies�; you are (:-
8-)

justme2
Apprentice

Post #28

Post by justme2 »

The promise of blessing you quoted was made to Abraham long before there were any Jews.

Abraham was and is a Jew

Such is life (:-
Note: I added the underscdore

elijahpne
Student

Post #29

Post by elijahpne »

[Replying to post 1 by SaulToPaul]

I couldn't agree more. God's people are scattered throughout the whole earth not in one geographical location. For Jesus said to the Samaritan woman at the well in John 4:21 -

"Believe me, woman, The hour is coming when neither in this mountain nor in Jerusalem will YOU people worship the Father."

And all those individuals are holy to God.

Carry on.

justme2
Apprentice

Post #30

Post by justme2 »

Is the land of “Israel� their true ancient homeland?

Promised Land
“Moses went up Mount Nebo to the top of Pisgah, looked over the promised land of Israel spread out before him, and died, at the age of one hundred and twenty, according to Talmudic legend on 7 Adar, his 120th birthday exactly.

Moab is the historical name for a mountainous strip of land in modern-day Jordan running along the eastern shore of the Dead Sea. In ancient times, it was home to the kingdom of the Moabites, a people often in conflict with their Israelite neighbors to the west. (west of the Jordan river)

The Moabites were a historical people, whose existence is attested to by numerous archeological findings, most notably the Mesha Stele, which describes the Moabite victory over an unnamed son of King Omri of Israel. Their capital was Dibon, located next to the modern Jordanian town of Dhiban.�
http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Moab