Pesky Russkis

Current issues and things in the news

Moderator: Moderators

2ndRateMind
Site Supporter

Pesky Russkis

Post #1

Post by 2ndRateMind »

So, Russians lie. All the time. Whatever you hear from official Russian sources is untrue.

But why?

Why is it that the Russian establishment feels it to be to their advantage to lie, and lie constantly, and so blatantly that no intelligent individual could ever believe anything they say? Is it that they fear the West will invade them? Or is it just that they know the current regime to be immoral, and that if they do not maintain their current facade of propaganda, that regime is doomed?

Best wishes, 2RM.

Monta
Guru

Post #11

Post by Monta »

Wootah wrote: I read an interesting analysis that Russia is just a big oil company and so is trying to get higher oil prices and that we should interpret their actions in that light.
I read one saying they are just a petrol pump.

Whichever, it is their perhaps most important resource of course they are going to use it. Apparently Russia has 30% of all world's resources.

The questions have been raised whether those attacking Russia want it to break up.

DPMartin
Banned
Banned

Re: Pesky Russkis

Post #12

Post by DPMartin »

2ndRateMind wrote: So, Russians lie. All the time. Whatever you hear from official Russian sources is untrue.

But why?

Why is it that the Russian establishment feels it to be to their advantage to lie, and lie constantly, and so blatantly that no intelligent individual could ever believe anything they say? Is it that they fear the West will invade them? Or is it just that they know the current regime to be immoral, and that if they do not maintain their current facade of propaganda, that regime is doomed?

Best wishes, 2RM.

who are you getting this info from? the media? don't you know the media is feeding the distrust in Russia? don't you know the soul purpose of media is propaganda to serve an agenda. that's the way its been as long as someone other than the person themselves informs public. take note, media quotes 5 second snippets and tells you what to think of that and what it means for the next 10 to 30 minutes. propaganda at its most powerful influences.

heck you see it here when liars bring their interpretations using little scripture to tell you what all of scripture means and says.

the cold war was all about justification to keep the war machine in high profits.
as long as the US and Russia aren't allies war is imminent and we must spend like fools on developments to keep the wolf, the bad bad Russians, from the door.

actually both sides profit from this scenario. if a people have a common enemy then the leader ship can unite them and guide them to anything they want just like cattle in the name of dealing with the bad guys in the black hats. its SOP of the "us and them" in human nature, of which mankind cannot escape.

division is healthy if its profitable. take media again as an example. they love to fan the fire of what ever divides the Americans. controversy sells, angering the public gets their attention and ups the ratings.

Monta
Guru

Post #13

Post by Monta »

[Replying to post 12 by DPMartin]

"as long as the US and Russia aren't allies war is imminent and we must spend like fools on developments to keep the wolf, the bad bad Russians, from the door. "

Let's hope you are wrong and they wake up.
Those in the money make more money while thousands of people die.

Putin warned that with nuclear war there won't be much left.
I trust what he said, Russia will defend itself and its allies.
We've heard Americans using 'allies' often now Putin has joined in
to defend their 'allies'. All this makes it either more dangerous or will make them more cautious and sensible.

It is dangerous and what's happening in London now makes you think there is a plan.
Russian elections and World Game, are they planning something on those dates?

ttruscott
Site Supporter

Post #14

Post by ttruscott »

bluethread wrote: First, they do not always lie. They lie when it is to their advantage. Our government does the same thing. It is called statescraft. The only difference is that we have a free press. So, it is easier to tell when our people are lying. For the Russian's there is no down side to lying. I they are caught in a lie, they just deny it. What are you going to do?

A free press?? The media sold out to the gov't long ago...
PCE Theology as I see it...

We had an existence with a free will in Sheol before the creation of the physical universe. Here we chose to be able to become holy or to be eternally evil in YHWH's sight. Then the physical universe was created and all sinners were sent to earth.

This theology debunks the need to base Christianity upon the blasphemy of creating us in Adam's sin.

2ndRateMind
Site Supporter

Post #15

Post by 2ndRateMind »

DPMartin wrote:
2ndRateMind wrote: So, Russians lie. All the time. Whatever you hear from official Russian sources is untrue.

But why?

Best wishes, 2RM.

who are you getting this info from? the media? don't you know the media is feeding the distrust in Russia? don't you know the soul purpose of media is propaganda to serve an agenda...
Actually, I get most of my information from the BBC. The BBC has no political or commercial masters, and is funded entirely by the British people, by levy at the rate of around £150 per household per year. Despite their independence, they do have a mission, though: to inform, to educate, and to entertain. Often enough, their programming hits all three targets at once.

Whatever, I would rather trust the BBC than the pesky Russkis, any time of day. They, at least, are not trying to so destabilise the established, democratic world such that they can take advantage.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Monta
Guru

Post #16

Post by Monta »

[Replying to post 15 by 2ndRateMind]

"Actually, I get most of my information from the BBC. The BBC has no political or commercial masters, and is funded entirely by the British people, by levy at the rate of around £150 per household per year. Despite their independence, they do have a mission, though: to inform, to educate, and to entertain."

Funded by the government with people's money.

They inform you by telling you what they want yu to believe.
I suggest they lie and lie. Do yu believe this Scripal story as told,
or this drive for ww3? They give all the 'facts' so can check they are telling truth?

I'd at least compare it with other or alternative news sources.

I was new to internet and besides the local, never read any other news.
Since, reading MSN, RT, also like alternative news as people speak with passion and from the heart. While MSN all sing one song for ww3, alternative and RT talk of its insanity. Entertainment? yes many look at war as some kind of entertainment.
Well... it's happening 'over there'.

bluethread
Savant

Post #17

Post by bluethread »

ttruscott wrote:
bluethread wrote: First, they do not always lie. They lie when it is to their advantage. Our government does the same thing. It is called statescraft. The only difference is that we have a free press. So, it is easier to tell when our people are lying. For the Russian's there is no down side to lying. I they are caught in a lie, they just deny it. What are you going to do?

A free press?? The media sold out to the gov't long ago...
The media are not a monolith. There are alternative sources. If people do not want to put in the time and effort to be properly informed, they get the government they deserve. What is the alternative, trust the government to regulate the press? Under Obama, much of the best information came from the foreign press. Sure, one has to consider the source and it's objectives. However, that is what one should do with any source, foreign or domestic. Even if one wanted to have the government control the foreign press, how are they going to do that? Are we going to let the government engage in prior restraint on the internet? That doesn't sound like a good idea to me.