Current issues and things in the news

Moderator: Moderators

justme2
Apprentice

Climate change will not bring about our end, but this will--

Post #1

Post by justme2 »

Climate change will not bring about our end, but this will--

The world’s climate has been changing since the beginning of time; this is NOT our impeding threat !!

Fossil fuels are “finite� and known oil reserves will be sucked up and burned within the text 15-20 years!!

This is “the� crises facing us, not climate but our energy needs.

Will we make the transition in a smooth way or one tragedy piled up on another?
:?:

Kenisaw
Guru

Re: Climate change will not bring about our end, but this wi

Post #2

Post by Kenisaw »

justme2 wrote: Climate change will not bring about our end, but this will--

The world’s climate has been changing since the beginning of time; this is NOT our impeding threat !!

Fossil fuels are “finite� and known oil reserves will be sucked up and burned within the text 15-20 years!!

Will we make the transition in a smooth way or one tragedy piled up on another?
:?:
Oil reserves have had a lifespan for 15-20 years since the 1960s. I'm sure we can all do the math on that and see just how good we are at forecasting oil reserves...

Running out of oil won't be our demise either. Humans existed for a couple hundred thousand years without it. There's no reason to think we need it for the next couple hundred thousand years.

justme2
Apprentice

end of oil is near

Post #3

Post by justme2 »

Countries With The Largest Proven Oil Reserves

Rank Country Reserves (millions of barrels), 2017 US EIA

1 Venezuela 300,878
2 Saudi Arabia 266,455
3 Canada 169,709
4 Iran 158,400
5 Iraq 142,503
6 Kuwait 101,500
7 United Arab Emirates 97,800
8 Russia 80,000
9 Libya 48,363
10 United States 39,230
11 Nigeria 37,062
12 Kazakhstan 30,000
13 China 25,620
14 Qatar 25,244
15 Brazil 12,999
16 Algeria 12,200
17 Angola 8,273
18 Ecuador 8,273
19 Mexico 7,640
20 Azerbaijan 7,000
-----------------------------------------------------
Total 1,477,649 million barrels
The World’s Largest Oil Reserves By Country

This is a list of countries by oil consumption.[1][2]The total worldwide oil consumption was 93 million barrels per day (bbl/day) on average in 2015 according to the International Energy Agency(IEA).[3]
List of countries by oil consumption - Wikipedia

Total reserves 1,477,649 divided by annual world consumption = 43.53 years left

The Truth Will Set Us Free 8-)

justme2
Apprentice

Post #4

Post by justme2 »

ENERGY REPORT

total reserves gives us 52 years of oil supply at the current consumption rate
total reserves gives us 45 years of oil supply at the current consumption rate.
total reserves gives us 23 years of oil supply at the current consumption rate.
total reserves gives us 10 years of oil supply at the current consumption rate. **what-next**

WHAT NEXT--to learn how to survive in comfort without oil.

Ok.,,,., we have about 40 years until is all pumped out of the ground & that is a long time to make that transition. We have the time so no need to panic today; Yet!!.

The end of the Fossil Fuel era is upon us so what are we going to do next-?

Energy information Administration Official Energy Statistics from the US government
U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) - Analysis & Projections

The above report indicates that the US will be using primarily oil as our main energy source through 2030-2020= 10 YEARS ************

The world's total declared reserves are 1,317,400,000,000 barrels (January 2007).
Oil reserves - Wikipedia

World oil consumption 2005 is 80,290,000 barrels per day or 29,305,850,000 per year
https://www.cia.gov/library/publication ... 4rank.html

Dividing annual consumption into total reserves gives us 44.9 years of oil supply at the current consumption rate.

Update:

Known oil reserves
Annual consumption of oil
1,651,000,000,000 / 31,536,000,000 = 52.3528665652 years.
= 52.3528665652 years.

That was eleven (11)years ago, we are not changing your habits and this spells doom for us all.

I first started looking into this in 2007)

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

The human race needs to learn how to survive in comfort without oil.

Ok.,,,., we have about 40 years until is all pumped out of the ground & that is a long time to make that transition. We have the time so no need to panic today; Yet!!.

The world's total declared reserves are 1,317,400,000,000 barrels (January 2007).

World oil consumption 2005 is 80,290,000 barrels per day or 29,305,850,000 per year

Dividing annual consumption into total reserves gives us 44.9 years of oil supply at the current consumption rate.

Update:

Known oil reserves
Annual consumption of oil
1,651,000,000,000 / 31,536,000,000 = 52.3528665652 years.
= 52.3528665652 years.

That was eleven (11)years ago, we are not changing your habits and this spells doom for us all.
North Sea is running too dry to meet target
Wednesday July 4, 2007
The real casus belli: peak oil
Tuesday June 26, 2007
Science Panel Finds Fault With Estimates of Coal Supply
Published: June 21, 2007
Chevron announces that they now have 11.8 years of oil left at current production levels after aquiring Unocal reserves
07/08/05
An Oil Enigma: Production Falls Even as Reserves Rise
Published: June 12, 2004
"The decline of oil and gas will affect the world population more than climate change"
In January 2001, the U.S.
Department of Energy estimated the world's supply of unexploited oil reserves the world supply of oil will be totally exhausted 35 years from now (June 2003).
World oil and gas 'running out'
Thursday, October 2, 2003 Posted: 1245 GMT ( 8:45 PM HKT)
The Oil Crunch
Published: May 7, 2004
The question, instead, is when the trend in oil prices will turn decisively upward. That upward turn is inevitable as a growing world economy confronts a resource in limited supply. But when will it happen? Maybe it already has.
Natural gas markets undergo turbulent transition as domestic production declines
Tuesday, December 16, 2003

"Texas' oil resource is pretty well picked over,"

Oman's Oil Yield Long in Decline, Shell Data Show
Published: April 8, 2004

Half of Texas’s oil wells have dried up in the past 40 years and there are very few new ones.

Tight Oil Supply Won't Ease Soon
Published: May 16, 2004
Two dollars for a gallon of gas? Get used to it. High fuel prices are here to stay, at least for the near future, because no relief is in sight for tight oil supplies.

Just curious?

Does anyone have a clue?, I know I don’t

Besides, at 70 I’ll be dead by then so why should I care?

Then again, I have children too

That’s worth carrying for.

Don’t you agree?

justme2
Apprentice

Post #5

Post by justme2 »

RightReason
Under Probation

Post #6

Post by RightReason »

[Replying to justme2]
What I like about your post is how it shows how we can all get caught up in what is the “crisis� of our times. Every generation latches on to a new “crisis�. I remember when population control was the current scare. People have been predicting the end of the planet for a long time. Personally, I think we all need to be good stewards of the planet and do our part, but also recognize that we can’t control everything. We need to realize that yes, things change. There are no longer dinosaurs. I’m not terribly upset about that. The dodo bird is now extinct. Again, can’t say this affects me much. We are a very resourceful people, but I’m not exactly sure we are powerful enough to control the weather.

We aren’t nearly as smart or powerful as we think. I don’t know what is to come, but I know the one that knows. And in that lies my comfort, peace, and hope.

amortalman
Site Supporter

Post #7

Post by amortalman »

RightReason wrote: [Replying to justme2]
What I like about your post is how it shows how we can all get caught up in what is the “crisis� of our times. Every generation latches on to a new “crisis�. I remember when population control was the current scare. People have been predicting the end of the planet for a long time. Personally, I think we all need to be good stewards of the planet and do our part, but also recognize that we can’t control everything. We need to realize that yes, things change. There are no longer dinosaurs. I’m not terribly upset about that. The dodo bird is now extinct. Again, can’t say this affects me much. We are a very resourceful people, but I’m not exactly sure we are powerful enough to control the weather.

We aren’t nearly as smart or powerful as we think. I don’t know what is to come, but I know the one that knows. And in that lies my comfort, peace, and hope.
I don't think it is so much the "end of the planet" but the end of life as we know it. It is true that energy reserves are running out. It is also true that this planet cannot support the world's population at its current rate of growth. Then there is climate change that could wipe out millions in severe storms and rising sea levels if the earth continues to heat up. There is a continuing shortage of fresh water, the inherent danger of gene editing, threats of pandemics, and the dangers to life go on and on. But people will live on, in reduced numbers, and perhaps even with primitive lifestyles. Life will survive but it will look totally different than it does now.

RightReason
Under Probation

Post #8

Post by RightReason »

[Replying to amortalman]
It is true that energy reserves are running out.
Certain energy reserves, which is why we are thinking up new means.
It is also true that this planet cannot support the world's population at its current rate of growth.
In many parts of the world the fertility rates are below replacement levels. But again, what is one’s moral obligation to do anything about this?
Then there is climate change that could wipe out millions in severe storms and rising sea levels if the earth continues to heat up.
Yep. Major climate changes like the Ice Age and other natural disasters are part of life. We can change what we can change and need to accept what we can’t. Isn’t that life?
There is a continuing shortage of fresh water, the inherent danger of gene editing, threats of pandemics, and the dangers to life go on and on. But people will live on, in reduced numbers, and perhaps even with primitive lifestyles. Life will survive but it will look totally different than it does now.
Right. So each generation will have a different world experience than the one before it. And yet each generation comes to know the joy of love and friendship, the sorrow of pain and loss.

JJ50
Banned
Banned

Post #9

Post by JJ50 »

If we don't take climate change due to human activity seriously, and endeavour to do something about it, it will be the end of humans and other animals in the not too distant future.

justme2
Apprentice

Post #10

Post by justme2 »

World economies coming to an end

The people who believe the green deal is a joke are the ones duped into complacency just to win a pointless debate with no end in sight.

The worlds climate has been changing since day one (1) and will continue to do so regardless of what the human race does to try and change it.
Climate change will not cause the human race’s end but lack of the needed resources to power the world’s economies is.

Fossil fuels have powered the worlds economies since the first oil well produced the first barrel of oil.

Our dependency on oil to power our economies is coming to an end; fossil fuels are “finite� and will cease to be a reliable energy source in our lifetime.
It is time to wake up and begin the needed transition now or suffer world wars until the fuel needed to drive these wars comes to a cruel screeching end.
Some will survive to begin a new beginning while millions lay dead in the streets.

This is what lays before us, act now to save the human race; or lay down and die.