Should we let ISIS fighters return?

Current issues and things in the news

Moderator: Moderators

marco
Savant

Should we let ISIS fighters return?

Post #1

Post by marco »

There is much debate about the 19-year old girl who left Britain to support ISIS. She was married fast, and has had three children, two of whom have died. She would like to return to Britain. Her Dutch husband, an ISIS warrior, would like her to go to Holland where he will be accommodated for a few years in prison, to make amends for cutting people's throats. The girl regrets that some Muslims were killed by ISIS but says she was unfazed by the sight of heads in dustbins.

Jesus would have forgiven her and possibly offered his coat. Others feel she made a choice and should not return to poison minds. What should be done?

JJ50
Banned
Banned

Post #2

Post by JJ50 »

Her third child has just died too. I don't think Begum should be permitted to return to the UK, she has been stripped of her British Citizenship. It was her choice to join ISIS, she made her bed and must lie on it.

Wootah
Savant

Re: Should we let ISIS fighters return?

Post #3

Post by Wootah »

[Replying to post 1 by marco]

I think there are much higher priorities - like her victims. We could put her in prison I guess.

I feel some despair around the parable of the good Samaritan. What if now the person we help is just another mugger who is simply the latest victim?
Proverbs 18:17 The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him.

Member Notes: viewtopic.php?t=33826

"Why is everyone so quick to reason God might be petty. Now that is creating God in our own image :)."