67%

Total votes: 3

justme2
Apprentice

Oil All Gone In 38 Years!!!!

Post #1

Post by justme2 »

Oil All Gone In 38 Years!!!!
I did the research; Now you help me get the word out (BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!!)

The World’s Largest Oil Reserves By Country
Proven oil reserves are those that have a reasonable certainty of being recoverable under existing economic and political conditions, with existing technology.
10. United States - 39,230 million barrels
9. Libya - 48,363 million barrels
8. Russia - 80,000 million barrels
7. United Arab Emirates - 97,800 million barrels
6. Kuwait - 101,500 million barrels
5. Iraq - 142,503 million barrels
4. Iran - 158,400 million barrels
3. Canada - 169,709 million barrels
2. Saudi Arabia - 266,455 million barrels
1. Venezuela - 300,878 million barrels
https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/the ... untry.html

the above adds up to---- 1,304,838 million barrels

The total worldwide oil consumption was 93 million barrels per day (bbl/day) on average in 2015 according to the International Energy Agency (IEA).
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_c ... onsumption
93 million a day X 356 days = 33,945 a year
1304838/33945 = 38 years all the oil will be gone!!!

Help us create a world where our children will be safe and happy

:P

justme2
Apprentice

Post #2

Post by justme2 »

If the numbers are too large to comprehend, I can reduce them by 1,000
Ok 8-)

justme2
Apprentice

Post #3

Post by justme2 »

If 1,000 isn't enough I can still reduce the numbers by 100,000
ok :tongue:

wiploc
Guru

Post #4

Post by wiploc »

Does this concern you?
It disturbs me that you can believe that.

Aetixintro
Site Supporter

Re: Oil All Gone In 38 Years!!!!

Post #5

Post by Aetixintro »

[Replying to post 1 by justme2]

First, the notion of "peak oil" is blown away from the World of reality. There are massive amounts of oil and gas left in the crust of the Earth.

Second, geothermal energy is going to make oil and gas redundant! Because water heats up and can be exploited by only 200 m. deep holes. See also geothermal warmth.

Clearly, when the crust of the Earth does all the energy for the World, the whole World of people is getting served energy in endless abundance!

The future is bright! 8-)
I'm cool! :) - Stronger Religion every day! Also by "mathematical Religion", the eternal forms, God closing the door on corrupt humanity, possibly!

justme2
Apprentice

Post #6

Post by justme2 »

Aetixintro wrote:First, the notion of "peak oil" is blown away from the World of reality. There are massive amounts of oil and gas left in the crust of the Earth.
Optimism is a good thing; it helps you sleep at night
Aetixintro wrote:Second, geothermal energy is going to make oil and gas redundant! Because water heats up and can be exploited by only 200 m. deep holes. See also geothermal warmth.
I agree, the mid Atlantic ridge is over a thousand (1,000) mile line of exposed molten lava. What I find missing in these discussions is geothermal energy. At the bottom of the Mid Atlantic ridge the sea water is 752 degrees Fahrenheit while just a few feet above this super-heated seawater the water is near freezing. And the Mid Atlantic Ridge runs along the ocean bottom for thousands of miles.
There must be a way to use this huge temperature difference to generate electric power.
Aetixintro wrote:Clearly, when the crust of the Earth does all the energy for the World, the whole World of people is getting served energy in endless abundance!
Optimism is a good thing; it helps you sleep at night
Aetixintro wrote:The future is bright! 8-)
I agree & thanks for your post

wiploc
Guru

Post #7

Post by wiploc »

Aetixintro wrote: [Replying to post 1 by justme2]

First, the notion of "peak oil" is blown away from the World of reality. There are massive amounts of oil and gas left in the crust of the Earth.
Production peaks. We've already harvested the easy-to-get oil. Every new find is harder, more expensive, to exploit. The greater the cost of production, the lower the return on investment. And the higher the price, the lower the consumption.

Either of those will suffice for a cause. Will we sell as much gas at fifteen dollars a gallon as we did at two dollars a gallon? No. Will we produce as much gas when margins are narrow as we did when they were wide? Again, no.

Either way, there will come a peak, a time of greatest production, a time after which production falls off.

There won't be a moment, as suggested in the OP, when oil runs out and production stops. One will always be able to get a little more by paying a little more.

And the crisis won't wait until, as I suspect the OP was thinking, until oil runs out. It will come when people see the future, when they think, "If, in a few years, gas will cost fifteen dollars a gallon to produce, why should I sell it for less than that now?" And suddenly we'll find fuel priced as if it were a luxury.

justme2
Apprentice

China sees the righting on the wall---

Post #8

Post by justme2 »

There is one country that sees beyond tomorrow and is doing something today before tomorrow arrives---
China plans ban on petrol and diesel cars
https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-sty ... -1.3215796

China looks at ending sales of gasoline cars
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/busin ... 105462466/

China to ban all petrol and diesel cars
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 38726.html

China to plow $361 billion into renewable fuel by 2020 | Reuters
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-chin ... SKBN14P06P

I believe it's time for our president to declare a national emergency in order for us to make this transition; MOW

justme2
Apprentice

Post #9

Post by justme2 »

What is not mentioning is the decline in current oil fields. As new oil fields are found old one dry up. Now put that into your predictions
Oil field production decline
Individual oil wells are typically within multi-well oil fields. As with individual wells, the production curves for oil fields vary depending on geology and how they are developed and produced. Some fields have symmetric bell-shaped production profiles, but it is more common that the period of inclining production is briefer and steeper than the subsequent decline. More than half the production usually occurs after a field has reached a peak or plateau. Production profiles of many fields show distinct peaks, but for giant oil fields, it is more common for production to reach and maintain a plateau before declining. Once a field declines, it usually follows an exponential decline.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil_depletion

A 2013 study concluded that peak oil "appears probable before 2030", and that there was a "significant risk" that it would occur before 2020
Peak oil - Wikipedia

8-)

Aetixintro
Site Supporter

Seismic radiology

Post #10

Post by Aetixintro »

[Replying to post 9 by justme2]

"Peak oil" in terms of known resources yet to be exploited are limited due to another fact: Geothermal energy that it can not compete with!

In addition, oil and gas exploration has become the easiest of games with "seismic" radiology already deployed by Norway since 1985, at least. One nation, only, in addition to USA, possibly. Not only this, but Norway also used this in conjunction with computing, first in the World.

So you see, easy oil and gas exploration and cheap, competing energy resources, The Geothermal Energy! Result: cheap oil and gas and NO peak oil because there is no particular profit to it! Oil is left in the ground, in the crust of the Earth, simply! Hah, so there!

:study: :D 8-)
I'm cool! :) - Stronger Religion every day! Also by "mathematical Religion", the eternal forms, God closing the door on corrupt humanity, possibly!