Do we now have a treatment for covid-19?

Current issues and things in the news

Moderator: Moderators

User avatar
otseng
Savant
Posts: 18593
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:16 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA
Has thanked: 147 times
Been thanked: 215 times
Contact:

Do we now have a treatment for covid-19?

Post #1

Post by otseng »

DrNoGods wrote: [Replying to post 134 by AgnosticBoy]
I think we all need to tone down our fears about this virus, especially now that there's a treatment for covid-19:


That might be wording it a little too strongly. The tests showed two things:

1) Hospital stays were reduced from 15 days on average to 11 days.

2) The mortality rate was 8.0% vs. 11.6% for placebo.

These are certainly beneficial results, and technically a "treatment" as it improves the patient's condition. But an 8% mortality rate is still something to be concerned about and I think most people would consider that to suggest that we still need to remain vigilant. As the study doctors say, more work is needed. It is a treatment not a cure, and people can still die who get the drug as the study showed. So not pouring cold water on the results, but I doubt it will allay fear in most people just yet. Good news all the same.
For debate:

Do we now have a treatment for covid-19?

User avatar
Jemima
Student
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:50 pm
Location: Australia
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: Do we now have a treatment for covid-19?

Post #31

Post by Jemima »

Clownboat wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:26 pm By rejecting the establilshed science, flat earthers place themselves in a position of power.
Suddenly they feel like they are the experts, and that is a good feeling. Why wouldn't they want to maintian that feeling?

Is it possible that this is what is happening above? I ask because it doesn't sound like you are actually a scientist or someone that would have an understanding (more than the average that is) on the subject.
"Established science"? Established by whom?
I have listened to both sides of this subject, which is getting more and more difficult as the censorship increases. Why are equally qualified voices being silenced on this issue? Can you answer me that? Career suicide follows many who try to tell of valid concerns over a vaccine that has no long term studies and where the manufacturers have been indemnified against any adverse outcomes.....you don't smell a rat? I do...

Tell me why this virus is portrayed as a killer, when it seems orchestrated that people are not given any early interventions that are readily available, so that the virus takes hold with nothing but a compromised immune system to stop it, and hospitalization and sometimes death inevitably follows? Equally qualified medical experts are telling us that early intervention will save lives, and yet the medical personnel in hospitals are instructed to do nothing. Drugs can be offered as early treatment and have proven to be successful in places where vaccines are in short supply or unaffordable. So if early intervention can save lives, why are these being withheld? The trials are done....the results are in.
Daughter: Mommy, why don't I have that mark on my shoulder like you?
Mother: Oh that? That's from my polio vaccination.
Daughter: Why don't I have that?
Mother: Because I did...
Or possibly because no one has a shot for polio anymore. Oral Sabin has been used for the last 50 odd years...where have you been?
You cannot compare the vaccines offered in this pandemic with those of the past. This virus is very new and mutating rapidly. These are likely human engineered animal to human viruses....very different. Like swine flu, bird flu, etc...these have animals hosts.

These more recently developed viruses are animal to human transmission, which makes them more difficult to control.
In order to eliminate the virus, you have to also eliminate the animals hosts as well.

Most of the other viruses that once threatened the world were human to human transmissions, which are easier to vaccinate against with only human hosts.
My mother is an anti vaxer. I can tell that she feels very authoritative when she looks you in the eye to inform you that all vaccinated people will get severly sick within 2 years.

In truth, she knows much less then those who have dedicated their lives to such studies.
Or she has actually heard both sides of the story and knows which one doesn't add up. Am I suspicious of the present propaganda? You bet I am.
I am not an anti-vaxer peer se, but I do like to know what is in these vaccines and how thoroughly they are tested. These current vaccines are purely experimental. Every recipient is a guinea pig.

If you have time here are a couple of videos featuring a leading virologist, Geet Vanden Bossche....
https://youtu.be/w3xq4cEHT0s

https://youtu.be/ZJZxiNxYLpc

The warnings are being ignored and these experts are accused of promoting misinformation. What they are warning about is extremely serious for the future of all who are caught up in this dilemma....

https://theconversation.com/israel-was- ... ere-166945
The majority of C19 cases in hospital in Israel are double vaccinated...so something is very wrong here.

Ignore the warnings at your own risk.....there is so much more to this issue than most people realize.
Always what I post is my opinion, according to my understanding.

User avatar
Bradskii
Student
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:07 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 57 times

Re: Do we now have a treatment for covid-19?

Post #32

Post by Bradskii »

Jemima wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:18 pm
If you have time here are a couple of videos featuring a leading virologist, Geet Vanden Bossche....
Who is a vetinarian. Not that he hasn't had some connection with vaccines. But hasn't published anything for over 26 years. With one exception:

'His academic publications essentially stop in 1995, except for one 2017 article about his natural killer cell vaccine idea published in a journal belonging to a publishing group, OMICS Group Inc, that has been called “predatory” and was sued by the Federal Trade Commission for deceptive practices.' https://www.mcgill.ca/oss/article/covid ... den-bossch

From Snopes: 'Since 2014, however, he has been trying (apparently unsuccessfully) to develop his so-called universal vaccine. A company claiming to develop such a product is currently registered to an address identified on Yelp as his veterinary practice.' https://www.snopes.com/news/2021/03/26/ ... n-bossche/

His proposal is that no-one should be vaccinated and we let the virus run it's course. Seeing as there have been well over 600,000 deaths in the US alone then it seems pertinent to ask what death rate the guy would expect with zero vaccinations. Oh, except perhaps the one he's been trying to develop.

Are these the types of experts you are relying on for your information?

User avatar
Bradskii
Student
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:07 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 57 times

Re: Do we now have a treatment for covid-19?

Post #33

Post by Bradskii »

Jemima wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:43 am Do you know how the human immune system works? Because if you do, then you would know that the story being told to the ignorant masses is misinformation. If you have had the virus, then there is no need for the jab. Just like if you have had tetanus, whooping cough, measles, mumps or rubella. If you lived through them you gained natural immunity. .
I don't think you know enough about the subject matter to make so many claims.

Tetanus: 'Tetanus can be prevented through immunization with tetanus-toxoid-containing vaccines (TTCV). However, people who recover from tetanus do not have natural immunity and can be infected again.' https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-shee ... il/tetanus

Whooping cough: 'Unfortunately the human immune system doesn't remember the abnormal bacteria forever, either after an episode of whooping cough infection or after vaccination or booster vaccination. This means you can still get whooping cough again but the infection will often be milder.' https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectiou ... gures.aspx

Measles: 'Although unlikely, it is still possible to contract rubella even if you have had a vaccination or a previous rubella infection.' https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/hea ... ts/rubella

Mumps: 'Once you have been infected by the mumps virus, you normally develop a life-long immunity to further infection.' https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/mumps/

And covid itself: 'You can catch covid-19 twice, but the second bout is likely to be mild'.: https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg ... z767tMaAEe

Why should we trust your claims when a simple Google search shows how wrong you are?

User avatar
Jemima
Student
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:50 pm
Location: Australia
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: Do we now have a treatment for covid-19?

Post #34

Post by Jemima »

[Replying to Bradskii in post #33]
Why should we trust your claims when a simple Google search shows how wrong you are?
The problem could be that you trust Google....Image

I guess time will be the only thing that will tell the story....let's hope its not a nightmare. Image
Always what I post is my opinion, according to my understanding.

User avatar
Bradskii
Student
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:07 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 57 times

Re: Do we now have a treatment for covid-19?

Post #35

Post by Bradskii »

Jemima wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:23 am

Like this man....Dr Peter McCullough....what does he have to gain by wanting the truth to be told.
Benchwarmer has given some info on this guy already. But I'll add my 2c worth...

He is someone who pushes the use of hydroxychloroquine. An article which he wrote was published in a journal late last year (of which he is editor-in-chief). It  used 4 studies which he says support his position.

One was criticised by fellow doctors as implausible and methodologically invalid. Another was reviewed as having 'a moderate or serious risk of bias' and the author of the third has said that randomised control trials had demonstrated that “hydroxychloroquine has no benefit for reducing Covid-19 outcomes” at any stage of treatment, including people not hospitalised and those at risk of infection." Seems pretty conclusive. But a conclusion which directly opposes what McCullough says in his article.

Which can only lead to the conclusion that his opinion on these matters are not to be trusted.

More info here: https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... -treatment

User avatar
Bradskii
Student
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:07 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 57 times

Re: Do we now have a treatment for covid-19?

Post #36

Post by Bradskii »

Jemima wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:36 am [Replying to Bradskii in post #33]
Why should we trust your claims when a simple Google search shows how wrong you are?
The problem could be that you trust Google..
I wasn't quoting 'Google'. I was quoting medical organisations who know about these matters.

Now I'll admit that I don't know much about viruses or vaccines. My background is engineering. But I don't make claims without checking the veracity of those claims first. And I generally link to where my information comes from.

But you do make claims without checking. And you use sources which are shown to be dubious at best. Now there are genuine concerns about being vaccinated. And they should be investigated. And there are claims being made for different treatments for covid. And they should be investigated. But anyone running around yelling 'Conspiracy!' and not bothering to check the facts of the matter will lead to that person's arguments being granted the weight they deserve. Which is not very much at all.

User avatar
Jemima
Student
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:50 pm
Location: Australia
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: Do we now have a treatment for covid-19?

Post #37

Post by Jemima »

Bradskii wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:38 am Benchwarmer has given some info on this guy already. But I'll add my 2c worth...

He is someone who pushes the use of hydroxychloroquine. An article which he wrote was published in a journal late last year (of which he is editor-in-chief). It  used 4 studies which he says support his position.

One was criticised by fellow doctors as implausible and methodologically invalid. Another was reviewed as having 'a moderate or serious risk of bias' and the author of the third has said that randomised control trials had demonstrated that “hydroxychloroquine has no benefit for reducing Covid-19 outcomes” at any stage of treatment, including people not hospitalised and those at risk of infection." Seems pretty conclusive. But a conclusion which directly opposes what McCullough says in his article.

Which can only lead to the conclusion that his opinion on these matters are not to be trusted.
I think I trust a man who risks his career by telling the truth over the mainstream medical fraternity who have a large vested interest in our ill health and who are largely owned and trained by the drug barons. Who do you think funds research? Who wants dissenting voices silenced when they have a product to sell?
You can believe whomever you like....I don't trust them.

There are a range of early interventions but the current stance is to instruct doctors to do nothing. That speaks volumes to me.....it may not speak at all to those who believe what they hear from mainstream media. But that is their problem IMO. :lalala:
Bradskii wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:47 am I wasn't quoting 'Google'. I was quoting medical organisations who know about these matters.
You do realize that Google gets paid for these sites to get top places on their search engine? Google is not your friend...he only masquerades as one.
Now I'll admit that I don't know much about viruses or vaccines. My background is engineering. But I don't make claims without checking the veracity of those claims first. And I generally link to where my information comes from.
Me too. I check everything but if it comes from mainstream media, I usually go looking for the truth, because you won't find it on the nightly news.
But you do make claims without checking. And you use sources which are shown to be dubious at best. Now there are genuine concerns about being vaccinated. And they should be investigated. And there are claims being made for different treatments for covid. And they should be investigated.
That is what is amazing.....the ones promoting the current treatment regime are burying their patients. Do nothing and get the jab hasn't worked anywhere. And as this virus mutates they will get further and further behind the eight ball....Covid isn't going anywhere and no one is listening to the ones who have at least something to offer in the way of early intervention. Its working overseas, why not at least try it. If I was to contract C19 the first thing I would ask for is monoclonal antibodies, and anything else I could afford since the drug companies are determined to make as much money as possible out of this pandemic. I was reading where Remdesivir costs $2,600 for 5 day course. Such caring and community minded people....not.
Pfizer's projected profits for 2021 $45.7 billion. Anyone else bothered by that? Image
But anyone running around yelling 'Conspiracy!' and not bothering to check the facts of the matter will lead to that person's arguments being granted the weight they deserve. Which is not very much at all.
Its because I check all the facts that I can see a clear view of what is going on......the 'sheeples' see nothing and just accept the current status quo as gospel. With this much profit involved, I can pretty much guarantee that corruption is not far away.
Always what I post is my opinion, according to my understanding.

User avatar
Bradskii
Student
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:07 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 57 times

Re: Do we now have a treatment for covid-19?

Post #38

Post by Bradskii »

Jemima wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:33 am
Bradskii wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:47 am I wasn't quoting 'Google'. I was quoting medical organisations who know about these matters.
You do realize that Google gets paid for these sites to get top places on their search engine? Google is not your friend...he only masquerades as one.
Good grief. You're doubling down? So are you saying that you were right? That you cannot get those diseases a second time?

I have found that most conspiracists absolutely hate admitting anything they say is wrong. Perhaps you can be the exception. What do you say?

And in passing, can you tell me what search engine you use? I'll use the same one.

User avatar
Jemima
Student
Posts: 79
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2021 11:50 pm
Location: Australia
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: Do we now have a treatment for covid-19?

Post #39

Post by Jemima »

Bradskii wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:47 am Good grief. You're doubling down? So are you saying that you were right? That you cannot get those diseases a second time?
What? Image I said no such thing....I said that the vaccines used for the current pandemic are so useless that people who are fully vaccinated are coming down with variants like Delta, which are not covered by the current jab. No jabs will ever keep up with a rapidly mutating virus. They know this, so pushing hard for jabs has to have another agenda.

I am assuming that you are referring to other diseases? Since these are pretty much not even mentioned in conversation now, what's the point?
Boosters are what they recommend don't they? I don't believe that boosters are necessary for naturally acquired diseases like measles, chicken pox or rubella. As I said, I am not an anti-vaxer.....I am just suspicious of the mainstream media when they are in cahoots with big business and their very deep pockets. There is a reason for all the censorship.....and character assassination is rife whenever someone in the medical field mentions anything negative.
I have found that most conspiracists absolutely hate admitting anything they say is wrong. Perhaps you can be the exception. What do you say?
I don't consider myself a conspiracy theorist per se....I just don't trust greedy corporation when it comes to hanging on to their profits. They have no scruples. No one will be allowed to interfere with offloading their vaccines on whoever they can con into taking them....you think they wouldn't lie to protect that nice little earner? You will see that the draconian measures taken here in Oz will be fruitless. We will have been in prison in our own homes for nothing.

There is a better approach but no one is even taking it seriously....that means that more people will die because of the "do nothing" approach they have now.
Always what I post is my opinion, according to my understanding.

User avatar
Bradskii
Student
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2021 8:07 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 57 times

Re: Do we now have a treatment for covid-19?

Post #40

Post by Bradskii »

Jemima wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 3:36 am
Bradskii wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:47 am Good grief. You're doubling down? So are you saying that you were right? That you cannot get those diseases a second time?
What? Image I said no such thing....I said that the vaccines used for the current pandemic are so useless that people who are fully vaccinated are coming down with variants like Delta, which are not covered by the current jab.
What you said is that once you had a variety of diseases (mumps, rubella etc) then you couldn't get them again. You were wrong. I linked to medical sites that showed that you were wrong.

The matter at hand isn't the current virus. It's actually your credibility. Whether your views are worth considering. Whether you are willing to accept that you are wrong.

I don't react to scattergun approaches in a forum situation. I like to deal with issues one at a time. So...were you wrong in what you said about mumps, rubella etc?

Post Reply