Unlimited right to protest?

Current issues and things in the news

Moderator: Moderators

Elijah John
Savant

Unlimited right to protest?

Post #1

Post by Elijah John »

Is the right to hold protest rallies unlimited? Do "peaceful" protesters have the right to occupy the streets for however long they feel is necessary?

Whatever happened to the requirement for permits to hold protests?
My theological positions:

-God created us in His image, not the other way around.
-The Bible is redeemed by it's good parts.
-Pure monotheism, simple repentance.
-YHVH is LORD
-The real Jesus is not God, the real YHVH is not a monster.
-Eternal life is a gift from the Living God.
-Keep the Commandments, keep your salvation.
-I have accepted YHVH as my Heavenly Father, LORD and Savior.

I am inspired by Jesus to worship none but YHVH, and to serve only Him.

Quantrill
Banned
Banned

Re: Unlimited right to protest?

Post #31

Post by Quantrill »

koko wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:35 am
You actually said Democrats and others were using the matter for political gain. I responded by saying it is actually Republicans who are doing so.

More to the point, the right to dissent and for peaceful assembly is constitutionally gauranteed. There is nothing the government can do to stop it because they are bound by the Bill of Rights.

And, talk about side stepping and deflection, you still have not proven anything about foreknowledge. How do you know these parties or the government had foreknowledge that anyone was going to engage in violence?
A counter protest that is in the same proximity of a legal and permitted protest is about hindering or not allowing the permitted protest to go on. In other words, you are not allowing the protest it's right under the Constitution.

When a protest involving the removal of a statue of Robert E. Lee and uniting the Conservatives is met by a counter protest by Antifa who is known to be violent and supported by NAACP and the leftist liberals who have been going after these Confederate statues, it doesn't take much 'foreknowledge' that there will be trouble.

The counter protesters are used to having their way when violence occurs. Because it is them that usually conduct the violence. In Charlottesville, they learned a lesson. And so that is why the lefty and liberals whine and cry so much about it.

Quantrill

koko

Post #32

Post by koko »

[Replying to Quantrill in post #31]

When the violent Republicans in the KKK, Nazi Party, White Supremacists, and Three Percenters engage in violence in their quest to destroy the USA, you cannot blame patriots for responding. However, the government still has not produced any evidence that so much as one member of NAACP or Antifa has been indicted for violence.

Icey
Student

Post #33

Post by Icey »

Elijah John wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:24 pm Is the right to hold protest rallies unlimited? Do "peaceful" protesters have the right to occupy the streets for however long they feel is necessary?

Whatever happened to the requirement for permits to hold protests?
So long as it's peaceful and legal, I don't have a problem with it. They will get tired of being there a lot faster than I will with having to see them for a grand total of a couple minutes a day