Children's Bikinis

Current issues and things in the news

Moderator: Moderators

Miles
Savant

Children's Bikinis

Post #1

Post by Miles »

About 15 years ago controversy sprung up around a young schoolgirl who wore a skimpy bikini alongside older "scandily-clad models" during a fashion show in Los Angeles.

..................Image

According to an article about the show the main concern was ". . . parading a young girl down the catwalk with near-naked models." And that "critics were shocked at the sight of the schoolgirl in a bikini alongside older scandily-clad models." Aside from having to share company with scandily-clad models there were other concerns, such as that of conservative family campaigner Jean Terry, who said, "Nearly naked models are not the kind of role models we want for our children." She also said, ". . . young girls should certainly not be used to promote a promiscuous image." A bit of an overstatement if you ask me, but not surprising coming from a conservative.

As I say, that was about 15 years ago, Now, just the other day a friend brought the following YouTube video to my attention, saying she thinks the controversy is likely to resurface.

In particular, she points out the three little girls who appear at the 1:20 mark, 8:10 mark, and the 8:54 mark showing a lot of butt. My impression is that these kids haven't the faintest idea of what they're putting on display, nor do I guess their parents care. Now, I see nothing wrong with any female, child or adult, wearing a bikini, but in my opinion these particular suits cross the line from style to a bit of suggestiveness. But maybe I'm too much of an out-of-date fuddy-duddy, and haven't kept up with the times, particularly when it comes to fashion.

So, what do your think?

Polka-dot bikini at the 1:20 mark: okay or not okay

Pink bikini at the 8:10 mark: okay or not okay

Print bikini at the 8:54 mark: okay or not okay

Miles
Savant

Re: Children's Bikinis

Post #11

Post by Miles »

William wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 4:55 pm
Miles wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:54 pm
William wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:41 am "Too Many" "Possible Molesters" ? It matters not how any are dressed, a molester will molest...
Boy, after chasing down a countless websites on "child molestation," "children and provocative attire," "attire and assault," "child molestation---the child molester/abuser," and many many others I couldn't come up with a single thing that linked child molestation/abuse to the way girls are dressed. No correlation whatsoever.

Thanks for the eye opener.

You are welcome.

Once we start removing all excuse for molestation, there is no excuse.
Not looking for an excuse of course, but a reason. In my ignorance it seemed reasonable that provocative attire (very skimpy bikinis on young girls in this case) would invite molestation rather than not.

William
Savant

Post #12

Post by William »

Miles wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 7:18 pm
William wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:41 am "Too Many" "Possible Molesters" ? It matters not how any are dressed, a molester will molest...
Boy, after chasing down a countless websites on "child molestation," "children and provocative attire," "attire and assault," "child molestation---the child molester/abuser," and many many others I couldn't come up with a single thing that linked child molestation/abuse to the way girls are dressed. No correlation whatsoever.

You are welcome.

Not looking for an excuse of course, but a reason. In my ignorance it seemed reasonable that provocative attire (very skimpy bikinis on young girls in this case) would invite molestation rather than not.

Yes but if you were a judge in a court of law would you accept that as a defense for giving a lighter sentence? "The reason why the defendant molested the child your honor is because the child was wearing skimpy clothing which invited the defendant to molest the child your honor"

Or rather, being honorable, you would argue that there is no such thing as being "invited to molest" and perhaps even add an extra year to the sentence for good measure?

Miles
Savant

Post #13

Post by Miles »

William wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:10 pm

You are welcome.

Yes but if you were a judge in a court of law would you accept that as a defense for giving a lighter sentence? "The reason why the defendant molested the child your honor is because the child was wearing skimpy clothing which invited the defendant to molest the child your honor"

Or rather, being honorable, you would argue that there is no such thing as being "invited to molest" and perhaps even add an extra year to the sentence for good measure?
Oh, without a doubt I'd do the dishonorable thing and not listen to the evidence, but to the defense and blame the kid and her parents for enticing the molester into action. Furthermore, I'd look for some "enticement statute" so as to put mom and dad behind bars and send the girl to a foster home. In My court Justice would be served, and without question.

William
Savant

Post #14

Post by William »

Miles wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:32 pm

You are welcome.

Oh, without a doubt I'd do the dishonorable thing and not listen to the evidence, but to the defense and blame the kid and her parents for enticing the molester into action. Furthermore, I'd look for some "enticement statute" so as to put mom and dad behind bars and send the girl to a foster home. In My court Justice would be served, and without question.

All I can suggest then, is that you do not feed your imagination with images which you would believe as your invitation to molest, in case you take things a step further and actually find someone to molest.

Miles
Savant

Post #15

Post by Miles »

William wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:41 pm
Miles wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:32 pm

You are welcome.

All I can suggest then, is that you do not feed your imagination with images which you would believe as your invitation to molest, in case you take things a step further and actually find someone to molest.
All kidding aside, that isn't a very nice thing to say.

William
Savant

Post #16

Post by William »

I thought the same about your kidding comments. They seemed so serious that i took them at your word and responded in the most polite manner possible under the circumstances.

In that i am sure you would realise the response could have been far less polite. Perhaps don't kid about such things because kidding about such things isn't nice anyway.