If America is Seriously Failing, How To Prepare?

Current issues and things in the news

Moderator: Moderators

Benson
Banned
Banned

If America is Seriously Failing, How To Prepare?

Post #1

Post by Benson »

Yes, every Professional Church Talker and vocal Christian pundit will "encourage" true Christians to lift their eyes up to the Lord in faith for His hand and sufficiency in these challenging times. And, to have complete faith in His Word. And to be fully committed to His Mercy and provision for His Body, the Church. And to pray. And to not be alarmed by anything. And to obey Jesus' clear command to "Fear Not." And to have Servant Leadership with Love in place for our wives and families. And to be prudent upon the things which do frighten our Godless neighbors and associates. And to do everything "prayerfully," even though that word is not in Scripture. And to be faithful in our continuing service to God. And to "make sure our relationship with The Lord is strong, and we have our lamps trimmed and filled with oil.

Have I missed anything? Yes, I am sure I have, but I have made the point. There is no specific Preparation List for the end times which everyone can implement. Basically, Jesus said to pick up and run for the hills, and hope that you are not pregnant on the Sabbath. He clearly commanded us not to have a Go Bag ready to grab. Of course, if that instruction in Matthew 24 was just for the 70 AD Destruction of Jerusalem by the Romans, then it will be okay if we get our Go Bag before we run.

I sure hope some smooth talking Semiprofessional Theology Student or Minister replies here and speaks his impractical, churchy sounding aphorisms, which will indeed "Minister To Us."

Have you ever noticed how all Preachers like to make some hugely framed perspective upon any given issue, then expect their listeners to fill in the blanks? Then, they pray the Benediction, pick up their notes and Bible, and graciously step down as if they have just completed something noteworthy. Every Sunday morning. Just like clock work. Amen.

Question: Should Christians today have extra water, extra food, and a loaded weapon? Give an answer.

nobspeople
Prodigy

Re: If America is Seriously Failing, How To Prepare?

Post #2

Post by nobspeople »

Benson wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:25 pm Yes, every Professional Church Talker and vocal Christian pundit will "encourage" true Christians to lift their eyes up to the Lord in faith for His hand and sufficiency in these challenging times. And, to have complete faith in His Word. And to be fully committed to His Mercy and provision for His Body, the Church. And to pray. And to not be alarmed by anything. And to obey Jesus' clear command to "Fear Not." And to have Servant Leadership with Love in place for our wives and families. And to be prudent upon the things which do frighten our Godless neighbors and associates. And to do everything "prayerfully," even though that word is not in Scripture. And to be faithful in our continuing service to God. And to "make sure our relationship with The Lord is strong, and we have our lamps trimmed and filled with oil.

Have I missed anything? Yes, I am sure I have, but I have made the point. There is no specific Preparation List for the end times which everyone can implement. Basically, Jesus said to pick up and run for the hills, and hope that you are not pregnant on the Sabbath. He clearly commanded us not to have a Go Bag ready to grab. Of course, if that instruction in Matthew 24 was just for the 70 AD Destruction of Jerusalem by the Romans, then it will be okay if we get our Go Bag before we run.

I sure hope some smooth talking Semiprofessional Theology Student or Minister replies here and speaks his impractical, churchy sounding aphorisms, which will indeed "Minister To Us."

Have you ever noticed how all Preachers like to make some hugely framed perspective upon any given issue, then expect their listeners to fill in the blanks? Then, they pray the Benediction, pick up their notes and Bible, and graciously step down as if they have just completed something noteworthy. Every Sunday morning. Just like clock work. Amen.

Question: Should Christians today have extra water, extra food, and a loaded weapon? Give an answer.
I suspect it depends on the sect of Christianity asked.
Some are more passive and some more aggressive and preparatory.
With so many sects of Christianity, it's hard (impossible maybe) to pinpoint one, true answer.
Personally, with all the FAITH talk you hear batted about, I think they should ALL have faith in their god to deliver them and not be aggressive in regards to firearms. But Christianity and firearms seem to go hand-n-hand.
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Re: If America is Seriously Failing, How To Prepare?

Post #3

Post by Purple Knight »

Benson wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:25 pmI sure hope some smooth talking Semiprofessional Theology Student or Minister replies here and speaks his impractical, churchy sounding aphorisms, which will indeed "Minister To Us."

I see this as a natural consequence of believing in an afterlife: What happens here and now isn't as important, even if people die. These people aren't being mean or overinflating their importance because, to them, spirituality is what matters most. The eternal soul. If they look after that, then they ought to feel important. That is their true belief system.

This is one of the pros of being an atheist. I consider your life very, very precious, because I believe that when you die, that's it - you rot in the ground. I hope that you absolutely will protect yourself, precisely because I believe your life has unique and irreplaceable value.