The Tic Tac, disclosure and the 50th anniversary of Betty and Barny Hill

Current issues and things in the news

Moderator: Moderators

nobspeople
Prodigy

The Tic Tac, disclosure and the 50th anniversary of Betty and Barny Hill

Post #1

Post by nobspeople »

September 2021 will be the 60th anniversary of the Betty and Barney Hill incident.

Some may not have heard due to Covid coverage and or being aloof to other things outside their lives, but recently, the government of the USA has said the "released" 'tic tac' video of a UFO (UAP seems to be the term we're going with, now) are real, not any military craft known and may 'not be of this world'.

This is way more important to humanity, overall, than any pandemic (that will eventually pass). And what the public doesn't know is, that during one particular incident, a USO was also spotted, seemingly interacting with the UFOs above. (USOs aren't new - they've been around for a long time).

Roswell
Kecksburg
Aurora
Lancaster, New Hampshire

Why hasn't these incidents - specifically the tic tac and accompanying videos - made the news more?
Are governments trying to hide these type of things to prevent panic by the public?
What are your thoughts?
Last edited by nobspeople on Thu May 27, 2021 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Re: The Tic Tac, disclosure and the 50th anniversary of Betty and Barny Hill

Post #2

Post by JoeyKnothead »

From the OP/[url]:
For reference:

Tic Tac and other related videos, from the History Channel.

Interview with the pilot who recorded the Tic Tac video, from New York Magazine.

I consider this a very intriguing bit of video, but ultimately we have no means to confirm any extraterrestrial origin for whatever it is we see on the video. Just as Bigfoot is blurry, so too, it seems, are alien spacecraft.

Barney & Betty Hill, from wikipedia.

I first read the OP title as "Benny Hill" and was like, cool, he was funny as heck.

But come to find out, it's about a couple who reported ufo sightings. These things are a dime a dozen, and like tales of yore, unconfirmed.

My take is that folks are folks, and often when they don't have an answer, they'll invoke grumpkins and snarks, and all manner of hoodoo in an effort to understand.

This is way more important to humanity, overall, than any pandemic (that will eventually pass).
The pandemic is here, now, and we have sound evidence for that fact. Let's deal with that before we go traipsing off looking for little green men under every dead log and rock we come across.

Why hasn't these incidents - specifically the tic tac and accompanying videos - made the news more?
Priorities, and the 24 hour news cycle?

There's only so many times we can cry "wolf" before folks just continue about their day.

Personally, I hope to be able to be around when life is discovered beyond Earth (or man's) boundaries, but I got a garden to weed, a tractor I gotta continually fix, and a pretty thing to chase around the pool table. Expending time trying to confirm a giant Tic Tac is aflying around bothering the US Navy is something I'll just have to leave to them.

But dangitall, wouldn't it be so cool if we could actually engage an extraterrestrial intelligence? The potential knowledge they have, and just the knowledge of em, that'd be incredible.

Then again, history indicates when humans encounter a group of critters, them critters don't always fare so well. Then, what if it's us critters who end up, us not faring so well?
I might be Teddy Roosevelt, but I ain't.
-Punkinhead Martin

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #3

Post by nobspeople »

[Replying to JoeyKnothead in post #2]
I consider this a very intriguing bit of video, but ultimately we have no means to confirm any extraterrestrial origin for whatever it is we see on the video. Just as Bigfoot is blurry, so too, it seems, are alien spacecraft.
Which no one directly involved with this video has claimed, as far as I've seen. But they are, by definition, UFO, alien or not.
But come to find out, it's about a couple who reported ufo sightings. These things are a dime a dozen, and like tales of yore, unconfirmed.
No, there's not 'a dime a dozen' instances like Betty and Barney Hill's experience. While I'm not sold it 100% accurate, discounting this, and other similar encounters, as 'a dime a dozen' shows a lack of understanding of the larger picture of these instances and how they impact those who made said claims.
My take is that folks are folks, and often when they don't have an answer, they'll invoke grumpkins and snarks, and all manner of hoodoo in an effort to understand.
Very true. But that doesn't mean all reports are simply 'meh'. Out of the thousands upon thousands of reports, if even one is true, there's need for concern.
The pandemic is here, now, and we have sound evidence for that fact. Let's deal with that before we go traipsing off looking for little green men under every dead log and rock we come across.
Throughout history, there' have been such issues. They ALL pass and this one will, as well, sooner or later. There are (probably) thousands of people working on the issue. So, while they do that, there's still room for others to investigate different topics.
Priorities, and the 24 hour news cycle?
I laugh at this 24 hours news cycle thinking. Anyone who has watched even a few hours of news, non-stop, can attest that they simply repeat the same stories, over and over, until something 'new' comes along. 23.93 hours in a day, there's no 23.93 hours of news enough to take the whole amount of time. That's an excuse.
There's only so many times we can cry "wolf" before folks just continue about their day.
And it takes one - only one - of these 'cries' to be ignored that are ligitimate.
I got a garden to weed, a tractor I gotta continually fix, and a pretty thing to chase around the pool table. Expending time trying to confirm a giant Tic Tac is aflying around bothering the US Navy is something I'll just have to leave to them.
Might need a new tractor, if it needs continual fixing. "Leaving it to them" is likely the most you can do at this point, but that doesn't mean it should be left out of the news.
But dangitall, wouldn't it be so cool if we could actually engage an extraterrestrial intelligence? The potential knowledge they have, and just the knowledge of em, that'd be incredible.
Would it be? Many claim when two societies meet, the outcome isn't good for one of them - especially if one is more advanced than the other. Of course, that's based mostly on humanity and its interaction within itself. Maybe, with more 'advancement' comes better morality? Or worse? No way of knowing for sure.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #4

Post by JoeyKnothead »

From post 3
nobspeople wrote: ...
But they are, by definition, UFO, alien or not.
Of course.

That still doesn't tell us a whole bunch.
No, there's not 'a dime a dozen' instances like Betty and Barney Hill's experience. While I'm not sold it 100% accurate, discounting this, and other similar encounters, as 'a dime a dozen' shows a lack of understanding of the larger picture of these instances and how they impact those who made said claims.
I'll retract 'dime a dozen' and replace it with 'so what'. Folks make unconfirmable, sense assaulting claims quite often.
Very true. But that doesn't mean all reports are simply 'meh'. Out of the thousands upon thousands of reports, if even one is true, there's need for concern.
If every single one of those claims are true, why be concerned when here we are, we ain't us Borgs yet?
Throughout history, there' have been such issues. They ALL pass and this one will, as well, sooner or later. There are (probably) thousands of people working on the issue. So, while they do that, there's still room for others to investigate different topics.
Fer sher. While I'm quite dismissive, I do confess that the topic is very interesting, and worthy of serious study.

I'd love to know 'we' ain't alone.
I laugh at this 24 hours news cycle thinking. Anyone who has watched even a few hours of news, non-stop, can attest that they simply repeat the same stories, over and over, until something 'new' comes along. 23.93 hours in a day, there's no 23.93 hours of news enough to take the whole amount of time. That's an excuse.
Agreed. I'll plow under the 24 hour deal, to better reflect the fifteen minutes before rewind.

That said, there's only so many ways to say, "Thatn there spotted a ufo, and how bout that."
And it takes one - only one - of these 'cries' to be ignored that are ligitimate.
Our problem becomes how to tell the legitimate from the illegitimate.

I'm reminded of how many Christians declare such as, "He's acoming y'all, and soon!"

At some point ya just tune it out, and figure it'll happen if it does.
Might need a new tractor, if it needs continual fixing.
Labor of love. It's a '64 Fordson, last year before they dropped the 'son' part.
"Leaving it to them" is likely the most you can do at this point, but that doesn't mean it should be left out of the news.
I saw the lady pilot talk about it on CNN recently. It's made the news, there's just so little to tell.
Would it be? Many claim when two societies meet, the outcome isn't good for one of them - especially if one is more advanced than the other. Of course, that's based mostly on humanity and its interaction within itself. Maybe, with more 'advancement' comes better morality? Or worse? No way of knowing for sure.
I hear ya.

Again, though I may come across as dismissive, this is a very, very interesting topic, if only to me and you.

I'd love to see the tech, the 'people', their society, all of it - good or bad. I wonder if they smoke pot. I'd puff a doob with em. But I'd hold off on the liquor til I knew they could handle the beer.
-Punkinhead Martin

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #5

Post by nobspeople »

[Replying to JoeyKnothead in post #4]
That still doesn't tell us a whole bunch.
I don't think anyone claimed it did. It is what it is.
I'll retract 'dime a dozen' and replace it with 'so what'. Folks make unconfirmable, sense assaulting claims quite often.
So what, indeed. Until it impacts you. Then it's a big deal.
If every single one of those claims are true, why be concerned when here we are, we ain't us Borgs yet?
That seems an overly simplistic, laissez fair attitude it seems. Which is fine, I suppose, for some.
Are we only to be concerned after that fact?
Surely some see it that way. There are others that want to try to learn and prepare for any eventualities as much as possible.
While I'm quite dismissive
It's good you admit it.
That said, there's only so many ways to say, "Thatn there spotted a ufo, and how bout that."
We will be saying it for a long time, no doubt. But, when that becomes the automatic 'go to' phrase, I think we've already missed the boat.
Our problem becomes how to tell the legitimate from the illegitimate.
Which will never happen if everyone has a dismissive attitude. Regardless, people should start wondering more about life and what's out there (or even here) than about what stupidity is reigning on Tik Tok or what horrible, worthless Kardashian is wearing or divorcing or marrying.
I'm reminded of how many Christians declare such as, "He's acoming y'all, and soon!"
Don't involve Christians with UFO and alien talk. They don't like to admit their most cherished stories are in the same ilk as UFOs and aliens. :D
I saw the lady pilot talk about it on CNN recently. It's made the news, there's just so little to tell.
I don't know what she said. But, what 'little' or not is likely nothing more than perspective. What's 'little' to one could have the potential be the most important discovery of all time. But we'll never know if everyone just says 'meh'.

I do understand how one can see a blurry video and say 'meh... my clogged toilet is more important'. But society, by in large, is ignorant and lazy. When people don't know the name of their governor, it's truly sad - humanity is spiraling down the drain when what's important and should be known, isn't and what should be a matter of entertainment is passed off as news.

But the news SHOULDN'T be about views and ratings. It should report news. But, alas, with so many concerned about what others think of them, is seems the days of legitimate, news reporting of facts is behind us.
Unfortuantely.

Tcg
Savant

Post #6

Post by Tcg »

nobspeople wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:25 am September 2021 will be the 50th anniversary of the Betty and Barney Hill incident.
It'll be the 60th anniversary.

Some may not have heard due to Covid coverage and or being aloof to other things outside their lives, but recently, the government of the USA has said the "released" 'tic tac' video of a UFO (UAP seems to be the term we're going with, now) are real, not any military craft known and may 'not be of this world'.

This is way more important to humanity, overall, than any pandemic (that will eventually pass). And what the public doesn't know is, that during one particular incident, a USO was also spotted, seemingly interacting with the UFOs above. (USOs aren't new - they've been around for a long time).
This is astonishingly dismissive of a pandemic that has killed by some counts 3.5 million people. Some place the number much higher. As far as COVID-19 eventually passing, that remains to be seen.

On the other hand you are suggesting UFO and USO sighting are "way more important." Why? How many confirmed deaths have been documented as being a result of UFO/USO sightings?

Roswell
Kecksburg
Aurora
Lancaster, New Hampshire

Are governments trying to hide these type of things to prevent panic by the public?
What are your thoughts?
They haven't made the news more because these reports don't generate much interest amongst the general public. If they did, the media would be all over them. A multi-government cover-up to avoid a panic? What's there to panic over?

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #7

Post by JoeyKnothead »

From post 5:
nobspeople wrote: ...
JoeyKnothead wrote: I'll retract 'dime a dozen' and replace it with 'so what'. Folks make unconfirmable, sense assaulting claims quite often.
So what, indeed. Until it impacts you. Then it's a big deal.
These kinds of claims impact us quite often. God forbid I forget to cook off a batch - I can't even fetch off for some alcohol until church lets out on Sunday.
Yours is, I'm sorry to say, the opposite of an argument from history.
I see little reason to fear these things, insofar as there's no link to em and whatever hell happens on the planet today.
JoeyKnothead wrote: If every single one of those claims are true, why be concerned when here we are, we ain't us Borgs yet?
That seems an overly simplistic, laissez fair attitude it seems. Which is fine, I suppose, for some.
Did he just call me a lesbian fairy?

I was funning there. I just dont see this issue as seriously as you seem to see it, and I can't tell how to not end me this sentence in a preposition. I been got onto before for the prepositioning.
Are we only to be concerned after that fact?
Naw, I think it's prudent to have folks fret this issue a little bit. I just wouldn't ask em to leave the bar early to do em that fretting.
Surely some see it that way. There are others that want to try to learn and prepare for any eventualities as much as possible.
Folks are trying to fill their empty cubbards, trying to pay their power bills. To get their kids up and off to school. UFOs are rightly a low priority for em.

I prepare for the eventuality that I'll longer be here to provide for the ones I love. I can't afford to waste too much time on sorting out the ufos and such.
JoeyKnothead wrote: That said, there's only so many ways to say, "Thatn there spotted a ufo, and how bout that."
We will be saying it for a long time, no doubt. But, when that becomes the automatic 'go to' phrase, I think we've already missed the boat.
That's a problem for the claimant. I won't be held responsible for not believing claims that cant be shown to be truth (As I note you are merely discussing these claims, and not asserting em outright)

I cant help these sightings can't be confirmed beyond the level of religious adherents and their claims.

Only in this case, I so want to believe. But I just can't get from fuzzy video footage and unsupported claims to, well don't that beat all.

JoeyKnothead wrote: Our problem becomes how to tell the legitimate from the illegitimate.
Which will never happen if everyone has a dismissive attitude.
What we don't have here, not that it's you telling it, is any means to confirm these videos and other claims are confirmed as an extraterrestrial entity.
We just don't.
Don't involve Christians with UFO and alien talk. They don't like to admit their most cherished stories are in the same ilk as UFOs and aliens. :D
That's why you're my favorite.

I respect that you seek to explore this deal here, in as objective a fashion as the law allows. No tricks, no gimmicks.

I cut up and carry on, but do try to add something to the page.
I do understand how one can see a blurry video and say 'meh... my clogged toilet is more important'. But society, by in large, is ignorant and lazy.
I'm not willing to take it that way. I'd go with, "Society, by and large, is trying to put food on their plates, pay the bills, and figure out how to make ends meet".

I reject any notion that says folks who ain't interested or concerned about this topic are just them too danged ignorant and lazy. On that there, I'm as dismissive as something that it's really it dismissive as all get 9ut.

Heck, I'm guilty of me. both them qualities, and here I spell.
But the news SHOULDN'T be about views and ratings. It should report news. But, alas, with so many concerned about what others think of them, is seems the days of legitimate, news reporting of facts is behind us.
Unfortuantely
They did report it, as my previously cited links show.

It's just that some folks, they gotta decide em twixt breakfast and water.

This is, I swear it to my soul, an important notion here. It's just it ain't it bubbling it up to the surface.
-Punkinhead Martin

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #8

Post by nobspeople »

Tcg wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 4:13 pm
nobspeople wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:25 am September 2021 will be the 50th anniversary of the Betty and Barney Hill incident.
It'll be the 60th anniversary.

This is astonishingly dismissive of a pandemic that has killed by some counts 3.5 million people. Some place the number much higher. As far as COVID-19 eventually passing, that remains to be seen.

On the other hand you are suggesting UFO and USO sighting are "way more important." Why? How many confirmed deaths have been documented as being a result of UFO/USO sightings?

Roswell
Kecksburg
Aurora
Lancaster, New Hampshire

What are your thoughts?
They haven't made the news more because these reports don't generate much interest amongst the general public. If they did, the media would be all over them. A multi-government cover-up to avoid a panic? What's there to panic over?

Tcg
Thanks for pointing out the typo. I'll fix it
This is astonishingly dismissive of a pandemic that has killed by some counts 3.5 million people. Some place the number much higher. As far as COVID-19 eventually passing, that remains to be seen
Everything passes eventually. My point wasn't to dismiss this 'pandemic' but to point out humanity has had them before and they will again. That's life on an imperfect planet
In the long run of humanity, yes, it's way more important. Death counts aren't the only way to measure the importance and impact of something on a human level. Important? Sure, but not the 'be all end all'. And while 'sightings' may or may not be important in the long run, it's the potential (assuming they're what some claim) of their impact on the planet as a whole. You may not agree with that, and that's fine.
They haven't made the news more because these reports don't generate much interest amongst the general public. If they did, the media would be all over them.
Exactly. As said prior, clicks and ratings shouldn't be the driving force of the new media. But, as also said prior, it's not a perfect world.
A multi-government cover-up to avoid a panic? What's there to panic over?
Some make that claim. To me, it seems more likely that aliens are visiting earth than any multi-government group agreeing enough to cover up anything. But who knows

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #9

Post by nobspeople »

[Replying to JoeyKnothead in post #7]
These kinds of claims impact us quite often.
Ambiguousness in terminology like "quite often" doesn't allow any type of way to quantify anything.

I see little reason to fear these things, insofar as there's no link to em and whatever hell happens on the planet today.
I didn't say fear, which is maybe why you miss the point entirely?
Yours is, I'm sorry to say, the opposite of an argument from history.
Not sure that is true, but if it is, it's immaterial.
I just dont see this issue as seriously as you seem to see it, and I can't tell how to not end me this sentence in a preposition.
Which is fine
I been got onto before for the prepositioning.
No earthly idea what this means
I think it's prudent to have folks fret this issue a little bit. I just wouldn't ask em to leave the bar early to do em that fretting.
Or stop working on that old tractor :D
Folks are trying to fill their empty cubbards, trying to pay their power bills. To get their kids up and off to school. UFOs are rightly a low priority for em.
So it seems. But even the lack of the slightest interest seems odd to me. I suppose some don't look as forward as others
That's a problem for the claimant.
That's true only to a point. If we reach that point, well....?
What we don't have here, not that it's you telling it, is any means to confirm these videos and other claims are confirmed as an extraterrestrial entity.
We just don't.
You're misguided and assuming (you know the saying about that, right?) No where did I make this assertion past a 'what if'.
That's why you're my favorite.
Thank you? :shock:
I'm not willing to take it that way. I'd go with, "Society, by and large, is trying to put food on their plates, pay the bills, and figure out how to make ends meet".
Working with the public daily I can say that, while this is true for many, people are lazy and ignorant about things outside their bubble. Not that many want to remain ignorant - sometimes it's the situation they're part of. But many times, it's laziness and an 'I don't care about anything other than me' attitude.
They did report it, as my previously cited links show.
These things get reported, many times, as a joke. Very few media outlets take them seriously. And while some shouldn't likely be taken seriously, when the government says 'Yeah, they're there and we don't know what they are', that, you'd think, would raise more alarms than it is.

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #10

Post by JoeyKnothead »

From Post 9:
nobspeople wrote: Ambiguousness in terminology like "quite often" doesn't allow any type of way to quantify anything.
If I may move my goalpost back towards the op... My point about claims here is how we react to them. So here we have folks claiming, in all honesty, they saw a ufo, associated critters, and what are we to do. Do we expend some x amount of our limited funds, energy, and intellectual capacity to keep researching these claims? At what point do we decide to kinda move on to other, more pressing issues?
I didn't say fear, which is maybe why you miss the point entirely?
Plenty fair, and I retract having put that notion on you - while I notice some folks, for right or wrong, do fear the idea of extraterrestrials.

I'm not trying to play 'gotcha' here, but what is your point? My understanding of this OP, and your comments heretofore have me thinking you're sounding an alarm. If trite, I'm still compelled to ask, what do you know? Serious question.
JoeyKnothead wrote: I think it's prudent to have folks fret this issue a little bit. I just wouldn't ask em to leave the bar early to do em that fretting.
Or stop working on that old tractor :D
Aloe, I need some aloe over here!
So it seems. But even the lack of the slightest interest seems odd to me. I suppose some don't look as forward as others
Look forward for us here. What do you see?

I ask out of respect, not snark.
JoeyKnothead wrote: What we don't have here, not that it's you telling it, is any means to confirm these videos and other claims are confirmed as an extraterrestrial entity.
We just don't.
You're misguided and assuming (you know the saying about that, right?) No where did I make this assertion past a 'what if'.
I noted, specifically, that it wasn't you telling it, but we have in this OP reference to folks that are telling it.

And we're still stuck on the confirming. By no means do I seek to hold you responsible for the claims of others.
Working with the public daily I can say that, while this is true for many, people are lazy and ignorant about things outside their bubble. Not that many want to remain ignorant - sometimes it's the situation they're part of. But many times, it's laziness and an 'I don't care about anything other than me' attitude.
I reject that kind of language for the following reasons...

Calling folks "lazy" is impolite, and fails to understand their lives, tribulations, and all such as that.
Calling folks "ignorant" does not show they're unaware or uneducated about these issues.

As well, when we say folks live in them their "bubbles", we expose ourselves as merely looking out through our own.

I see no need whatsoever to get onto folks for not being as involved in this issue as we think they oughta.

Granted, you declare "Not that many...", but all I see there is an attempt to soften the blow of impugnation.
These things get reported, many times, as a joke. Very few media outlets take them seriously. And while some shouldn't likely be taken seriously, when the government says 'Yeah, they're there and we don't know what they are', that, you'd think, would raise more alarms than it is.
I try to respect that you don't speak out of fear, but what is this alarm, but a fear?

What is on the other side of this alarm? Why are the bells ringing?

Let me make some clarifications...
Your post history indicates you ain't stupid. I don't engage in this conversation to try to make you look it, but to help me to quit being it.
You obviously have some concerns here, and I seek to understand those concerns.

Why should we be so concerned about this?
-Punkinhead Martin