The Tic Tac, disclosure and the 50th anniversary of Betty and Barny Hill

Current issues and things in the news

Moderator: Moderators

nobspeople
Prodigy
Posts: 3191
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:32 am
Has thanked: 1510 times
Been thanked: 819 times

The Tic Tac, disclosure and the 50th anniversary of Betty and Barny Hill

Post #1

Post by nobspeople »

September 2021 will be the 60th anniversary of the Betty and Barney Hill incident.

Some may not have heard due to Covid coverage and or being aloof to other things outside their lives, but recently, the government of the USA has said the "released" 'tic tac' video of a UFO (UAP seems to be the term we're going with, now) are real, not any military craft known and may 'not be of this world'.

This is way more important to humanity, overall, than any pandemic (that will eventually pass). And what the public doesn't know is, that during one particular incident, a USO was also spotted, seemingly interacting with the UFOs above. (USOs aren't new - they've been around for a long time).

Roswell
Kecksburg
Aurora
Lancaster, New Hampshire

Why hasn't these incidents - specifically the tic tac and accompanying videos - made the news more?
Are governments trying to hide these type of things to prevent panic by the public?
What are your thoughts?
Last edited by nobspeople on Thu May 27, 2021 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

nobspeople
Prodigy
Posts: 3191
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:32 am
Has thanked: 1510 times
Been thanked: 819 times

Re: The Tic Tac, disclosure and the 50th anniversary of Betty and Barny Hill

Post #11

Post by nobspeople »

[Replying to JoeyKnothead in post #10]
My point about claims here is how we react to them.
I guess it depends on the person being asked. My point is why isn't this more news worthy than it is? I think you answered.
Do we expend some x amount of our limited funds, energy, and intellectual capacity to keep researching these claims? At what point do we decide to kinda move on to other, more pressing issues?
Depends on the agency doing the investigation. If it's a private one, how much time and money they spend isn't our business or concern.
Why abandon one issue in search of another?
I notice some folks, for right or wrong, do fear the idea of extraterrestrials.
Probably more than would admit it. Some say this is one reason why the USA's government hasn't said much - they're afraid of social upheaval. Seeing how ignorant and lazy the population is - how fear based they seemed to be - it might not be wrong of the government sees it that way.
I'm not trying to play 'gotcha' here, but what is your point?
See above bolded section.
I'm still compelled to ask, what do you know? Serious question.
I've had my own experience with a UFO in the late 1990s. I also have friends in the military - one that's had high security clearance. They've told me, paraphrased, that the US government (Marines, Airforce and Army, specifically) has 'something' in WPAFB that they don't want the public to know about. While they had no info on 'what' it was, but that there 'is something there they [the government] doesn't want us [the public] to know about'.
I do follow the subject by various means, have more than a passing interest in it, and likely know more than most, but by no means an expert.
Look forward for us here. What do you see?
Look forward meaning concerned about the future, not literally, of course.
I noted, specifically, that it wasn't you telling it, but we have in this OP reference to folks that are telling it.
Thanks for the clarification. Often, I have a hard time following your wording O:)
Calling folks "lazy" is impolite, and fails to understand their lives, tribulations, and all such as that.
Calling folks "ignorant" does not show they're unaware or uneducated about these issues.
That's why there's the 'nobs' in my name. I'm not here to be polite or kiss up to anyone. I call it like it is. If people don't like it, that's their issue, not mine. I don't give 2¢ what others think of my opinions, thoughts.
I try to respect that you don't speak out of fear, but what is this alarm, but a fear?
I see no reason that using the term 'alarm' to equate to only fear. Thinking so, to me, speaks more of the one putting that limitation on the term, than the one using it.
Why should we be so concerned about this?
In order to answer that, I need clarification on what the 'this'
and 'concern' is here.
I've found, specifically on this site, you have to be very specific with the words used, lest others try twisting them into something they don't mean. Some here like to read everything like it's the bible, when it's not.
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

User avatar
JoeyKnothead
Under Probation
Posts: 18726
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:59 am
Location: Here
Has thanked: 1698 times
Been thanked: 1149 times

Re: The Tic Tac, disclosure and the 50th anniversary of Betty and Barny Hill

Post #12

Post by JoeyKnothead »

From Post 11 :

nobspeople wrote: ...
Depends on the agency doing the investigation. If it's a private one, how much time and money they spend isn't our business or concern.
Why abandon one issue in search of another?
Limited resources.

In the case of ufos / extraterrestrials, there's only so much investigating we can do.
Probably more than would admit it. Some say this is one reason why the USA's government hasn't said much - they're afraid of social upheaval. Seeing how ignorant and lazy the population is - how fear based they seemed to be - it might not be wrong of the government sees it that way.
I'm just not cool with calling the population "ignorant and lazy".

I propose it's ignorant and lazy to call folks ignorant and lazy when we can't convince em to care about what it is we do.

"Some say" is a trumpian exploit. Quote these folks, link to thier claims, and let's see what they have to allow.

I've had my own experience with a UFO in the late 1990s. I also have friends in the military - one that's had high security clearance. They've told me, paraphrased, that the US government (Marines, Airforce and Army, specifically) has 'something' in WPAFB that they don't want the public to know about. While they had no info on 'what' it was, but that there 'is something there they [the government] doesn't want us [the public] to know about'.
I do follow the subject by various means, have more than a passing interest in it, and likely know more than most, but by no means an expert.
I was in the Army, a far superior force to any other branch. I was (am) a pothead with a security clearance there for a time.

We fretted us the Russians.

Lacking confirmatory data, we have us little to no means by which we can consider these claims in any other fashion than speculation.

...
Thanks for the clarification. Often, I have a hard time following your wording O:)
I like to play games with language, but do seek to discuss and debate in an honest, honorable way.
That's why there's the 'nobs' in my name. I'm not here to be polite or kiss up to anyone. I call it like it is. If people don't like it, that's their issue, not mine. I don't give 2¢ what others think of my opinions, thoughts.
I just think there's no need to call folks "lazy qnd ignorant", when "human" fits all the same.

To call folks "lazy" is, I propose, a "lazy" way to say, "All them that they disagree with me, just ain't done them enough thinking on it" - and exposes us to the very charge we just set us there to charge.

To call folks, under a blanket, "ignorant" is to expose our own about it.

I see no reason that using the term 'alarm' to equate to only fear. Thinking so, to me, speaks more of the one putting that limitation on the term, than the one using it.
Plenty fair - as I contend alarms have em them an element of it.
JoeyKnothead wrote: Why should we be so concerned about this?
In order to answer that, I need clarification on what the 'this'
and 'concern' is here.
I've found, specifically on this site, you have to be very specific with the words used, lest others try twisting them into something they don't mean. Some here like to read everything like it's the bible, when it's not.
I propose that when we ask such as, "Why ain't it more reported", that there's further questions (claims?) we should be getting at.

So, by 'this', I reference this OP.

And by 'concern', I reference us here carrying on about it - while noting 'concern' and 'fret' are similar notions.
Discovery is finding things that exist.
Invention is using things discovered.

Create that path and engineer a metamorphosis.

- William

nobspeople
Prodigy
Posts: 3191
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:32 am
Has thanked: 1510 times
Been thanked: 819 times

Re: The Tic Tac, disclosure and the 50th anniversary of Betty and Barny Hill

Post #13

Post by nobspeople »

[Replying to JoeyKnothead in post #13]
Limited resources.
Doesn't seem to be a problem in reality.
In the case of ufos / extraterrestrials, there's only so much investigating we can do.
That goes for anything, does it not?
I'm just not cool with calling the population "ignorant and lazy".
To each their own
"Some say" is a trumpian exploit.
That's not even a good try :D That saying's been around a lot longer than donny. And, fortunately, will be around a lot longer than he will.
Quote these folks, link to thier claims, and let's see what they have to allow.
As it was said in general, there's no need to do so.
I was (am) a pothead
Do tell ;)
Lacking confirmatory data, we have us little to no means by which we can consider these claims in any other fashion than speculation.
There's plenty of data out there if you search for it. But alas, it's easier not to and pontificate about how pointless it will be to do so. MUFON is one such source to start, if interested. There's also a database of reportings, but I can't recall it at this time. :x
I just think there's no need to call folks "lazy qnd ignorant", when "human" fits all the same.
That's your choice. It doesn't take a lot of effort to see, with exceptions, lazy and ignorant are apt terms. But this thread isn't about that.
I propose that when we ask such as, "Why ain't it more reported", that there's further questions (claims?) we should be getting at.
Quality more so than quantity. But there are a lot of claims. But claims don't make things true. Which is why people should look into it more, regardless of 'resources', when possible. And many people DO look into it, record that data and so on.
And while 'concern' and 'fret' are similar, they're not exactly the same - context and all of that.
I would think one would be concern that, if UFOs are aliens, what impact that would have on society, our planet and humanity as a whole. Or we could sit back and not give two hoots. Which is easier?

But you've made your point, on which I don't totally disagree. It's unfortunate that the media doesn't take these things as seriously as they could (should?). But they don't want to upset viewers or seem 'out of sorts', I suspect. Which is, again, unfortunate. The media (specifically the news media) should be concerned with (not fretting over) what's news worthy to the population, more than what's popular.

Thanks for the discussion. :approve:
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

User avatar
Purple Knight
Guru
Posts: 2117
Joined: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:00 pm
Has thanked: 671 times
Been thanked: 407 times

Re: The Tic Tac, disclosure and the 50th anniversary of Betty and Barny Hill

Post #14

Post by Purple Knight »

Tcg wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 4:13 pmThis is astonishingly dismissive of a pandemic that has killed by some counts 3.5 million people.
About 150,000 people die every day, and well over twice that many are born. The longer something continues to happen, the more turned-off to it people are going to become. Plagues that don't decrease the population are bad business for empathy, just as UFOs that never say hello are bad business for news. In other words, they don't change the game.

(I made a bet with myself that I could rebut this and bring it round to answer the thread topic.)

benchwarmer
Guru
Posts: 2104
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:40 am
Has thanked: 1358 times
Been thanked: 517 times

Re: The Tic Tac, disclosure and the 50th anniversary of Betty and Barny Hill

Post #15

Post by benchwarmer »

[Replying to nobspeople in post #11]

My pet theory is that the governments are slowly warming the public to the idea that UAPs are a real thing. I'm not saying they know they are from another world or anything, I'm simply saying they are perhaps becoming more open to admitting that there are unidentified objects flying around their military hardware.

Whether these UAPs are earthbound tech or otherworldly visitors I think they might be at least trying to open the conversation such that people who report these things won't feel like they will be labelled 'crazy'. Perhaps they want the public to help narrow down who/what is flying around their toys without permission.

It would certainly be refreshing if governments would at least release whatever info they have.

nobspeople
Prodigy
Posts: 3191
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:32 am
Has thanked: 1510 times
Been thanked: 819 times

Re: The Tic Tac, disclosure and the 50th anniversary of Betty and Barny Hill

Post #16

Post by nobspeople »

benchwarmer wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 5:45 pm [Replying to nobspeople in post #11]

My pet theory is that the governments are slowly warming the public to the idea that UAPs are a real thing. I'm not saying they know they are from another world or anything, I'm simply saying they are perhaps becoming more open to admitting that there are unidentified objects flying around their military hardware.

Whether these UAPs are earthbound tech or otherworldly visitors I think they might be at least trying to open the conversation such that people who report these things won't feel like they will be labelled 'crazy'. Perhaps they want the public to help narrow down who/what is flying around their toys without permission.

It would certainly be refreshing if governments would at least release whatever info they have.
It would be nice, in theory, if disclosure did finally come. But many have been saying it was 'coming' for a while now, to no real avail.
Even if the government does disclose findings, it won't be everything nor will everyone believe it, IMO. Nor do I believe the public will, in general, be receptive to any disclosure, true or not.
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

User avatar
Tcg
Savant
Posts: 7155
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:01 am
Location: Third Stone
Has thanked: 1287 times
Been thanked: 1510 times

Re: The Tic Tac, disclosure and the 50th anniversary of Betty and Barny Hill

Post #17

Post by Tcg »

Purple Knight wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 9:42 pm
Tcg wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 4:13 pmThis is astonishingly dismissive of a pandemic that has killed by some counts 3.5 million people.
About 150,000 people die every day, and well over twice that many are born.
Which doesn't change the pain, anguish, and loss those who loved one or more of the 3.5+ million people who have died due to COVID-19 pandemic experience. Raw loss versus gain numbers don't change the reality of the human experience for those who do have empathy. In any case, at this point, encounters with UAPs account for zero of the deaths you've documented. Zero versus 3.5+ million.

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists


Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc


I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

User avatar
Tcg
Savant
Posts: 7155
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:01 am
Location: Third Stone
Has thanked: 1287 times
Been thanked: 1510 times

Re: The Tic Tac, disclosure and the 50th anniversary of Betty and Barny Hill

Post #18

Post by Tcg »

nobspeople wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:25 am
Why hasn't these incidents - specifically the tic tac and accompanying videos - made the news more?
I've found recent reports by CNN, Fox News, TODAY, 60 Minutes, NBC NEWS, and CBSN. Those are some pretty big media outlets. Some of the pilots involved in these reports stated they were hesitant to report sightings because they didn't want to be thought of as "crazy." Why would UFO sightings carry this stigma? Perhaps due to stories like the Barney and Betty Hill incident. Stories completely absent verifiable evidence.

Until the public realizes that what is being encountered by fighter pilots, Naval ships, and even airline pilots is very different from bizarre tales of alien abductions, they'll likely be written off as tales equivalent to Bigfoot sightings. That and of course that little fact that none have ever done anything to harm or even threaten humans. Sure there is reason for concern, but before we claim the sky is falling, we should at least be able to present one chunk that has hit the earth.


Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists


Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc


I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

nobspeople
Prodigy
Posts: 3191
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:32 am
Has thanked: 1510 times
Been thanked: 819 times

Re: The Tic Tac, disclosure and the 50th anniversary of Betty and Barny Hill

Post #19

Post by nobspeople »

[Replying to Tcg in post #19]

I've seen recent reports as well. Did any of those reports speak to the releasing of government files (supposedly) this month? I didn't see all the reports out there, of course.

And while I can agree with some of what you're saying, it just boggles my mind that this is less of an issue now with credible witnesses and proof (what many have been demanding) of 'something out there' and the scientific groups looking into it - regardless of what other incidents have been reported by whom in the past - than what rapper is saying about something on Tik-Tok.
Seems it speaks more to our society and what's valued, more than the newsworthiness I suppose. :(
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

User avatar
Tcg
Savant
Posts: 7155
Joined: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:01 am
Location: Third Stone
Has thanked: 1287 times
Been thanked: 1510 times

Re: The Tic Tac, disclosure and the 50th anniversary of Betty and Barny Hill

Post #20

Post by Tcg »

nobspeople wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:01 pm [Replying to Tcg in post #19]

I've seen recent reports as well. Did any of those reports speak to the releasing of government files (supposedly) this month? I didn't see all the reports out there, of course.
Yes, a number mentioned a June release by the Pentagon, but not a specific date. Apparently, a report is due to the Senate as well.

And while I can agree with some of what you're saying, it just boggles my mind that this is less of an issue now with credible witnesses and proof (what many have been demanding) of 'something out there' and the scientific groups looking into it - regardless of what other incidents have been reported by whom in the past - than what rapper is saying about something on Tik-Tok.
Seems it speaks more to our society and what's valued, more than the newsworthiness I suppose. :(
I don't know. Perhaps it is because no one can explain exactly what they are. We've had an overload of what I consider to be fabrications at worst or exaggerations at best. Then we have some credible evidence of something, but we don't know what that something is. I think the lackluster response may be due to the over-reporting of non-credible reports in the past. Now we have something credible, but it gets confused with the previous sensational reports.


Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists


Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc


I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Post Reply