Donald Trump Claims Nobody Has Done More 'for Religion Itself' Than Him

Current issues and things in the news

Moderator: Moderators

Tcg
Savant

Post #1

Post by Tcg »

Donald Trump has made a rather astounding claim about religion and his efforts on its behalf:

Former President Donald Trump lauded himself for the way he served religious communities in the U.S. during his time in office.

"Nobody has done more for Christianity or for evangelicals—or for religion itself—than I have, [doing] so many different things," he said during a phone interview with host Gene Bailey on the show Flashpoint on Thursday on The Victory Channel.

Trump referenced "getting rid of" the Johnson Amendment, legislation he described as "a very bad thing and very costly." Part of the U.S. tax code, the measure, which he weakened, bans nonprofits from supporting or opposing political candidates.

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-c ... im-1635036
Should this be viewed as anything more than an attempt to assure that he will retain the support of Evangelical Christians in his bid for the 2024 election?

Do Christians here agree with his assessment?

Tcg
To be clear: Atheism is not a disbelief in gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief in gods.

- American Atheists

Not believing isn't the same as believing not.

- wiploc

I must assume that knowing is better than not knowing, venturing than not venturing; and that magic and illusion, however rich, however alluring, ultimately weaken the human spirit.

- Irvin D. Yalom

Miles
Savant

Re: Donald Trump Claims Nobody Has Done More 'for Religion Itself' Than Him

Post #2

Post by Miles »

As much as I delight in holding Trump up to ridicule, I have to say that other than what Fatma Khaled, author of the article, says, in neither the video nor audio clips could I hear Trump say "Nobody has done more for Christianity or for evangelicals—or for religion itself—than I have." Not that I doubt he said it---a typical Trump boast---but it would be nice to actually hear it.

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #3

Post by nobspeople »

Tcg wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:23 am Donald Trump has made a rather astounding claim about religion and his efforts on its behalf:

Former President Donald Trump lauded himself for the way he served religious communities in the U.S. during his time in office.

"Nobody has done more for Christianity or for evangelicals—or for religion itself—than I have, [doing] so many different things," he said during a phone interview with host Gene Bailey on the show Flashpoint on Thursday on The Victory Channel.

Trump referenced "getting rid of" the Johnson Amendment, legislation he described as "a very bad thing and very costly." Part of the U.S. tax code, the measure, which he weakened, bans nonprofits from supporting or opposing political candidates.

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-c ... im-1635036
Should this be viewed as anything more than an attempt to assure that he will retain the support of Evangelical Christians in his bid for the 2024 election?

Do Christians here agree with his assessment?

Tcg
At this point, if donny said 1+1=2 I'd take it with a truck load of salt.
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

Abigail
Student

Post #4

Post by Abigail »

In one of his books Donald Trump said, it's good to be underestimated.

I think everything he does is to fulfill a plan he has already made the blueprints for.
Maybe this comment is to be on the record in the past for when he runs again in 2024. Something his opponents can dredge up and use against him in hopes it will torpedo the Christian vote.
And maybe, should Trump be let to win this time, he said that in order to prove the Christian voter will trust him over Biden, or whomever is on the Dem's ticket, no matter what.

Trump is not a stupid man. I believe he knows exactly what he's doing at all times. He plays people for his own benefit.
You don't become a successful developer navigating NY politics and not know how to play the game.

All those Dem's that hated him when he was CiC were his buddies when he was a Democrat donating money to their campaigns.
When he changed parties in order to run against Hillary, he became a traitor to the party. When he beat Hillary he became enemy #1. Because all the promises HRC made to the Left members in Congress and the RINO's were now off the table and not happening.

If only he'd have kept that one promise that he made to HRC during a debate and put her in jail. LOL! Surprise! Orange is not the new black. But it is long long overdue.
“In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way.” *Attributed to President Franklin D. Roosevelt, though this is debated.

Purple Knight
Prodigy

Post #5

Post by Purple Knight »

nobspeople wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:48 am At this point, if donny said 1+1=2 I'd take it with a truck load of salt.
Similarly, if the mainstream media said that he said 1+1=2, I'd take that as a truckload of salt too.

It's just both sides throwing... salt... at this point.

foolmefoolsyou
Student

Post #6

Post by foolmefoolsyou »

We have two (2) choices~~~~
(1) Vote for Biden
(2) Vote for Trump who wants to do away with our Constitution, do away with term limits & in Trump’s own words, be a Dictator.
Trump was not kidding; Trump means what he says.
Is this who you want to vote for---?
:D