Guns: have we taken them too far?

Current issues and things in the news

Moderator: Moderators

nobspeople
Prodigy

Guns: have we taken them too far?

Post #1

Post by nobspeople »

There's little doubt that the seemingly increase of gun violence in the USA is getting serious. From the Denver theater shooting, to PULSE, to Sandy Hook, to the Vega shooter to Sacramento, to trump suggesting teachers should be packing....and on and on (there's been so many that the media isn't even making some of them 'lead stories' anymore).
Below is a recent link for review:
https://nypost.com/2022/02/01/dashcam-s ... -shooting/

For discussion:
Has the issue with individuals not only having guns, but using them in public, become an issue that can be solved, or is it too out of control?
If it can be solved, how?
Have a great, potentially godless, day!

nobspeople
Prodigy

Re: Guns: have we taken them too far?

Post #11

Post by nobspeople »

Miles wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:28 pm
nobspeople wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:43 pm
Rose2020 wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 7:43 am I think America is crazy allowing anyone a gun except for extremely good reasons. Here in the UK we are far safer without. I wouldn't touch such an evil thing.
As an American, I can say I 'don't get' the fascination with guns outside of collecting. Perhaps it has something to do with America's violent past, carrying over to current times?
I honestly believe most of it boils down to an effort to reenforce one's manhood.

...................................... Image

Goes right along with

AND

....,,,,,,,,,,,..... Image

I've always said, a lifted truck with big wheels and tires = small manhood (or at the very least, some sense of poor self esteem).

Aetixintro
Site Supporter

Post #12

Post by Aetixintro »

[Replying to nobspeople in post #1]

I support the 2nd Amendment (of USA) 100 %. I think it's the lesser evil to allow fellow man and woman their guns for self-defence.

They get lesser corruption and lesser torture by it. Look at Europe. What do you think they do for protection there? What about the European families? "Natural defence"?!

Why not attack the causes for use of guns in the public? To fight corruption, to fight the train of abuse people suffer, to fight (local) despotism! The chance to fight all of that increases with guns and the guns are the reason why USA leads the World in terms of justice, capitalism and all the rest. If it wasn't for USA and its character, the World would've been doomed, IMO.

What if the AI estimate is 70 % armed revolt against despotism, 28 % suicides and 2 % other causes of all the gun violence in USA?

The mental health is about to see a revolution, starting in USA of course and it's going to change the World for the better, ushering in changes in Europe and other places outside USA for more democracy and human rights.

The World otside USA proves that the 2nd Amendment is a clear winner and that it's the other way, the World outside USA must adopt the 2nd Amendment in order to (morally) progress and make the World a better place.
Besides, to deny the law-abiding citizens the pepperspray and the guns is to give the advantage to the monsters, the torturers of children, etc.
I'm cool! :) - Stronger Religion every day! Also by "mathematical Religion", the eternal forms, God closing the door on corrupt humanity, possibly!

nobspeople
Prodigy

Post #13

Post by nobspeople »

Aetixintro wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:23 pm [Replying to nobspeople in post #1]

I support the 2nd Amendment (of USA) 100 %. I think it's the lesser evil to allow fellow man and woman their guns for self-defence.

They get lesser corruption and lesser torture by it. Look at Europe. What do you think they do for protection there? What about the European families? "Natural defence"?!

Why not attack the causes for use of guns in the public? To fight corruption, to fight the train of abuse people suffer, to fight (local) despotism! The chance to fight all of that increases with guns and the guns are the reason why USA leads the World in terms of justice, capitalism and all the rest. If it wasn't for USA and its character, the World would've been doomed, IMO.

What if the AI estimate is 70 % armed revolt against despotism, 28 % suicides and 2 % other causes of all the gun violence in USA?

The mental health is about to see a revolution, starting in USA of course and it's going to change the World for the better, ushering in changes in Europe and other places outside USA for more democracy and human rights.

The World otside USA proves that the 2nd Amendment is a clear winner and that it's the other way, the World outside USA must adopt the 2nd Amendment in order to (morally) progress and make the World a better place.
Besides, to deny the law-abiding citizens the pepperspray and the guns is to give the advantage to the monsters, the torturers of children, etc.
I appreciate your feed back, though any time anyone makes such a broad statement about morals/morality, I cringe, as morals aren't the same across the board.
I also wonder how one makes a statement about gun that eventually moves to something negative about children? It seems as if, when one 'protects the children', their point is valid (though I don't recall anyone here so far mentioning pepperspray...?).
Strange.

The Barbarian
Sage

Post #14

Post by The Barbarian »

Over the past few decades in America, violent crime has markedly declined. So has gun ownership. The number of households with guns has declined also. However, there are more guns today. It seems fewer people are accumulating more and more guns.

It's not clear if we should be concerned about this. After all, I've accumulated a good number of slide rules, but I rarely use any of them to calculate. On the other hand, I've accumulated a good number of old film cameras, and I often use them to take images.

Bottom line, I suppose, is the 2nd Amendment. Like it or not, there we are.