Ravi Zacharias?

Where agnostics and atheists can freely discuss

Moderator: Moderators

discus70
Scholar

Ravi Zacharias?

Post #1

Post by discus70 »

I was hoping that someone out there has debated against this " Christian Hero." It seems a though he hasn't received any decent counter arguments as of yet.

He would be an equivalent version of a Richard Dawkins, but on the other end of the spectrum. Minus the logic an reasoning, ( I hope this makes sense )

He's gone to colleges all over the country proving to those who seek questions that God exists and is the only logical answer, etc.

This man needs to be debated against, from what I can tell he hasn't faced any intelligent or serious opposition. His logic is not very strong but is being heralded by his faith a the " new hero " or whatever they want to call it.

I guess my question would be, have any of you heard of or read about Zacharias being debated against ?

For those that don't know who he is, here is a youtube link, there are a bunch more for those interested.

Nilloc James
Site Supporter

Post #2

Post by Nilloc James »

I watched the videos and have decided right then and there he must be humiliated in debate. (if he has not already...)

discus70
Scholar

Post #3

Post by discus70 »

He certainly needs to face some good opposing opposition. Preferably in a public setting.

Mister E
Student

Post #4

Post by Mister E »

If he is the equivalent of Richard Dawkins, then pose him as a challenge to Dawkins on his website.

discus70
Scholar

Post #5

Post by discus70 »

Let me put it this way, He is, in the eyes of Christians.

I had no idea you could do that....I will try to figure out how to do so.

Mister E
Student

Post #6

Post by Mister E »

Dawkin's website allows you to comment/respond to his videos/"blog", he will quite often respond. Otherwise, http://richarddawkins.net/contact might be worth a shot.

Angel

Re: Ravi Zacharias?

Post #7

Post by Angel »

discus70 wrote:I was hoping that someone out there has debated against this " Christian Hero." It seems a though he hasn't received any decent counter arguments as of yet.

He would be an equivalent version of a Richard Dawkins, but on the other end of the spectrum. Minus the logic an reasoning, ( I hope this makes sense )

He's gone to colleges all over the country proving to those who seek questions that God exists and is the only logical answer, etc.

This man needs to be debated against, from what I can tell he hasn't faced any intelligent or serious opposition. His logic is not very strong but is being heralded by his faith a the " new hero " or whatever they want to call it.

I guess my question would be, have any of you heard of or read about Zacharias being debated against ?

For those that don't know who he is, here is a youtube link, there are a bunch more for those interested.

I have heard of Ravi Zacharias and have read a little from his book, Can man live without God. I have not seen him debate anyone notable since he mostly answers questions from college students and most of the questioners were challengers of the Christian faith. But he's not like William Lane Craig, who's also on Youtube and has debated notable philosophers and/or thinkers like Anthony Flew, Christopher Hitchens, etc.