Where agnostics and atheists can freely discuss

Moderator: Moderators

mazzaroth
Banned
Banned

the bible/jesus myth

Post #1

Post by mazzaroth »

please post YOUR opinions on what the true meaning of the bible/jesus is... i mean we all agree the STORY exists.... but what does it all mean?

please keep your post short and sweet :)

my belief...

the bible is an old bedtime story of the ZODIAC calander... and jesus is the personification of the sun.

in my research THAT is the true meaning of the bible.. please post your view...thank you...

DiabeetusJesus
Student

Post #11

Post by DiabeetusJesus »

ThatGirlAgain wrote:
DiabeetusJesus wrote:My opinion:

The Bible is a means to control people.
Can you show it what ways it is used to control people? Please be specific. Keep in mind that the most elaborate and most powerful religious organization - the Roman Catholic Church - also is the least Bible dependent of all the Christian religions. There are some brief quotes from the Bible during Sunday Mass but not much other use of it.

I was raised Catholic (a childhood disease that left me immune for life). The Catholic attitude to the Bible was "Yes, the Bible is the inerrant divinely inspired Word of God. Now put it back on the shelf and read the Catechism".
Many people feel that if they go against what God says they'll be punished and sent to Hell. The Bible laid out "rules" for people to follow, some of those rules people still follow strictly, or at least try to.