Where agnostics and atheists can freely discuss

Moderator: Moderators

mazzaroth
Banned
Banned

the bible/jesus myth

Post #1

Post by mazzaroth »

please post YOUR opinions on what the true meaning of the bible/jesus is... i mean we all agree the STORY exists.... but what does it all mean?

please keep your post short and sweet :)

my belief...

the bible is an old bedtime story of the ZODIAC calander... and jesus is the personification of the sun.

in my research THAT is the true meaning of the bible.. please post your view...thank you...

VermilionUK
Scholar

Re: the bible/jesus myth

Post #2

Post by VermilionUK »

mazzaroth wrote: in my research THAT is the true meaning of the bible.. please post your view...thank you...
Out of interest, how did you conduct that research and what are your sources?
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth
- Sherlock Holmes -

mazzaroth
Banned
Banned

Re: the bible/jesus myth

Post #3

Post by mazzaroth »

VermilionUK wrote:
mazzaroth wrote: in my research THAT is the true meaning of the bible.. please post your view...thank you...
Out of interest, how did you conduct that research and what are your sources?
it makes the most sense..

my research ofcoarce was not "mine" ive seen alot of jordan maxwells presentations.. zeitgeist/esoteric agenda--

founding father THOMAS PAINE
The christian religion is a parody on the worship of the Sun, in which they put a man whom they call Christ, in the place of the Sun, and pay him the same adoration which was originally paid to the Sun.
going back to that particualr time in the roman empire when most were worshipping mythra wich was allowed.. but the underground was worshipping this "jesus" character.. then when the roman empire could not stop the spead of christianity... they decided 350 ad to put a stamp on it and label it ass the new official religion... and it was used as a tool to try to regain some order withing the empire.

its all solestrial sun worship.

as far as "sources" go...heres the ZEITGEIST movie..... source list...

Information Sources
Massey, Gerald
“The Historical Jesus and the Mythical Christ�
Book Tree Publishing

Massey, Gerald
“Ancient Egypt, Light of the World�
Kessinger Publishing

Massey, Gerald
“Egyptian Book of the Dead and the Mysteries of Amenta�
Kessinger Publishing

Acharya S
“The Christ Conspiracy�
Adventures Unlimited Press

Acharya S
“Suns of God�
Adventures Unlimited Press

Churchward, Albert
“The Origin and Evolution of Religion�
Book Tree Publishing

Murdock, D.M
“Who was Jesus?�
Stellar House Publishing

Allegro, John
“The Dead Sea Scrolls and the Christian Myth�
Book Tree Publishing

Maxwell, Tice & Snow
“That Old Time Religion�
Book Tree Publishing

King James Version
“The Holy Bible�

Leedom, Tim C.
“The Book Your Church Doesn’t Want You To Read�
TS Books Publishing

Remsburg, John F.
“The Christ: A Critical Review and Analysis of the Evidence of His Existence�
Prometheus Books Publishing

Irvin & Rutajit
“Astrotheology and Shamanism�
Book Tree Publishing

Doherty, Earl
“The Jesus Puzzle: Did Christianity Begin With A Mythical Christ?�
Age of Reason Publishing

Campbell, Joseph
“Creative Mythology: The Masks of God�
Penguin Publishing

Doane, T.W.
“Bible Myths And Their Parallels In Other Religions�
Health Research Publishing

Carpenter, Edward
“Pagan and Christian Creeds: Their Origin and Meaning�
The Book Tree Publishing

Rolleston, Frances
“Mazzaroth�
Rivingtons, Waterloo Place Publishing

Cumont, Franz
“Astrology and Religion Among the Greeks and Romans�
Cosimo Classics Publishing

Fideler, David
“Jesus Christ, Sun of God�
Quest Books Publishing

Berry, Gerald
“Religions Of The World�
Barnes & Noble Publishing

Frazer, Sir James
“The Golden Bough�
Touchstone Publishing

Wheless, Joseph
“Forgery in Christianity�
Cosimo Classics Publishing

Singh, Madanjeet
“The Sun- Symbol of Power and Life�
UNESCO Publishing

Jackson, John G.
“Christianity Before Christ�
American Atheist Press Publishing

VermilionUK
Scholar

Post #4

Post by VermilionUK »

Fair enough

My opinion is that it's one of those stories that gets out of hand. Start off with an enthusiastic preacher and some hysterical people who are easily led astray and pretty soon you'll have yourself a god with a decent following. :whistle:
When you have eliminated all which is impossible, then whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth
- Sherlock Holmes -

T-mash
Sage

Post #5

Post by T-mash »

Christianity, or any other religion is what humans are good at. Making stuff up. We have created and passed on thousands of religions, urban legends, myths and whatnot. Even nowadays we still have new religions emerging. The only difference between the Flying Spaghetti Monster and God is that we know who came up with the FSM, and we have yet to find out the creator of god.
Isn’t this enough? Just this world?
Just this beautiful, complex, wonderfully unfathomable natural world?
How does it so fail to hold our attention
That we have to diminish it with the invention
Of cheap, man-made Myths and Monsters?
- Tim Minchin

nogods
Student

Post #6

Post by nogods »

Jesus is part of a solar myth, I agree. Gerald Massey makes guesses. He assumes that all the culture's astrology was basically the same for over 2,000 years. This is incorrect as his work contains sever anachronisms. This is partly because c-14 and modern dating techniques were not invented. Massey also considers the Bible a unified text. Archarya S plagiarizes wholesale from Massey and Martin Larson. Where they are wrong she is wrong. She has no basic understanding of the cosmic myth. References to Biblical astrology in "The Book Your Church Doesn't Want you to Read" are almost comical. Joseph Campbell mentions the cosmic myth but doesn't know enough about it to apply it properly. For instance he mentions that the tale of Sargon floating in a river in a basket as an infant is a cosmic myth. What he never states is how this story relates to Moses, or which constellation this cosmic myth is from. Franz Cumont is more interest in Mithraism. Jackson is a repeat of Massey.

Jesus is solar. His father YHWH is lunar. Mary represents both Virgo and Venus. That is the easy part. Massey was able to describe Jesus' birth narrative in connection to Orion, Cancer, and Virgo. There are details he missed. The reason why we know Jesus was solar was because the constellations used to describe his life appear just before sunrise. They are 180 degrees out from what we normally would expect. Thus we celebrate Jesus' birthday in December, but his birth takes place in Cancer. If you go outside in the morning before sunrise, Orion will be prominent. Orion was Herod. The 3 stars in his belt, the wise men. Sirius was known as "The star of the east."

The crucifixion of Jesus takes place in spring with the constellation of autumn telling the passion tale, centering around the southern cross.

Zeitgeist is a very bad movie. I had to laugh at it.

Cathar1950
Site Supporter

Post #7

Post by Cathar1950 »

nogods wrote:Jesus is part of a solar myth, I agree. Gerald Massey makes guesses. He assumes that all the culture's astrology was basically the same for over 2,000 years. This is incorrect as his work contains sever anachronisms. This is partly because c-14 and modern dating techniques were not invented. Massey also considers the Bible a unified text. Archarya S plagiarizes wholesale from Massey and Martin Larson. Where they are wrong she is wrong. She has no basic understanding of the cosmic myth. References to Biblical astrology in "The Book Your Church Doesn't Want you to Read" are almost comical. Joseph Campbell mentions the cosmic myth but doesn't know enough about it to apply it properly. For instance he mentions that the tale of Sargon floating in a river in a basket as an infant is a cosmic myth. What he never states is how this story relates to Moses, or which constellation this cosmic myth is from. Franz Cumont is more interest in Mithraism. Jackson is a repeat of Massey.

Jesus is solar. His father YHWH is lunar. Mary represents both Virgo and Venus. That is the easy part. Massey was able to describe Jesus' birth narrative in connection to Orion, Cancer, and Virgo. There are details he missed. The reason why we know Jesus was solar was because the constellations used to describe his life appear just before sunrise. They are 180 degrees out from what we normally would expect. Thus we celebrate Jesus' birthday in December, but his birth takes place in Cancer. If you go outside in the morning before sunrise, Orion will be prominent. Orion was Herod. The 3 stars in his belt, the wise men. Sirius was known as "The star of the east."

The crucifixion of Jesus takes place in spring with the constellation of autumn telling the passion tale, centering around the southern cross.

Zeitgeist is a very bad movie. I had to laugh at it.
I certainly think the symbolism is there but how much was what as heroes and gods can have symbols placed upon them as much as heroes and gods can represent the sun and moon.
Sampson, Issac and John's lamb of God that takes away the sins of the world all seem to represent the sun or even the other way around.
Even Jacob wrestling all night is the sun going down and returning like the sun taking away the sins of the world at night.
We they talking about the sun and moon or were they using the imagery to represent their hero or god?
Of course the Bible is full of astrological imagery.

I recall thin 32000 year old antler with a carving of the hunter with his belt and club and the image is still with us.

nogods
Student

Post #8

Post by nogods »

I certainly think the symbolism is there but how much was what as heroes and gods can have symbols placed upon them as much as heroes and gods can represent the sun and moon.
Sampson, Issac and John's lamb of God that takes away the sins of the world all seem to represent the sun or even the other way around.
Even Jacob wrestling all night is the sun going down and returning like the sun taking away the sins of the world at night.
We they talking about the sun and moon or were they using the imagery to represent their hero or god?
Of course the Bible is full of astrological imagery.
Samson mean "Sun." His story is basically the same as Shamash. Solar Gods were judges and also has large sexual appetites. His story covers multiple constellations, starting with his barren birth in Cancer. (Hint: all Biblical barren births and virgin births take place in Cancer.) The story of Isaac takes place in Cancer. The lamb of God is Aries, the Ram, a no-brainer.

Jacob, who is a twin (guess which zodiac sign he is from) is lunar which is why YHWH favors him because YHWH is also lunar. Esau, with the long red hair is solar. Isaac, representing the setting sun (going blind) favors Esau because he is solar. The original symbol for Gemini has the male twins depicted differently than today. One has its foot at the head of the other one. Thus you got the lunar/solar aspect of when one is up the other is down. This ancient position also makes sense of Jacob's name which means "heel holder." The goat skin Jacob wore was a play on words. In Akkadia, "Uz" the goat was the sun-god at Sippara. Uz wears goat skins, the sacred dress of the Babylonian priests. The Semitic word "uzzu" meaning "glory" as in the "glory of his eyes" is a play on the Akkadian "uz" for goat. The people who originally read this story of the goat skin deception would have seen the pun, as well as realize the astrological content.

This story points to an Early Bronze Age Akkadian composition later adopted by Semites.

That is something you never learn at Bible study or from reading all those Acharya S books. :D

DiabeetusJesus
Student

Post #9

Post by DiabeetusJesus »

My opinion:

The Bible is a means to control people.

God was an explanation for things people at the time couldn't figure out for their lack of scientific knowledge.

ThatGirlAgain
Prodigy

Post #10

Post by ThatGirlAgain »

DiabeetusJesus wrote:My opinion:

The Bible is a means to control people.
Can you show it what ways it is used to control people? Please be specific. Keep in mind that the most elaborate and most powerful religious organization - the Roman Catholic Church - also is the least Bible dependent of all the Christian religions. There are some brief quotes from the Bible during Sunday Mass but not much other use of it.

I was raised Catholic (a childhood disease that left me immune for life). The Catholic attitude to the Bible was "Yes, the Bible is the inerrant divinely inspired Word of God. Now put it back on the shelf and read the Catechism".
Dogmatism and skepticism are both, in a sense, absolute philosophies; one is certain of knowing, the other of not knowing. What philosophy should dissipate is certainty, whether of knowledge or ignorance.
- Bertrand Russell