Possibly Seeking Co-Host

Where agnostics and atheists can freely discuss

Moderator: Moderators

Cephus
Prodigy

Possibly Seeking Co-Host

Post #1

Post by Cephus »

This is probably the best place to put this, but I may be looking for a permanent co-host on my podcast. Now there are tons of atheist podcasts out there, but mine is unique because it caters to a conservative atheist perspective. That's really, really hard to come by, I'm afraid. Unfortunately, a number of weeks ago, I had to bodily remove my former co-host due to some issues and we've limped along, quite well if I say so myself, on a wing and a... well, not a prayer. I've had someone ask to take over the side seat, but has gone totally silent in recent weeks so I'm hedging my bets.

Therefore, anyone who wants to take a gander at what we do, feel free to jump over to our website and if you're interested in possibly being on, either as a permanent co-host, a rotating guest-host or just as a guest, please let me know here.

Thanks.
Want to hear more? Check out my blog!
Watch my YouTube channel!
There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Re: Possibly Seeking Co-Host

Post #2

Post by McCulloch »

Cephus wrote: ... mine is unique because it caters to a conservative atheist perspective ...
Do you think that you might have a more interesting podcast if you co-hosted with someone with a liberal atheist perspective? Argument and dispute often generate more interest.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

Cephus
Prodigy

Re: Possibly Seeking Co-Host

Post #3

Post by Cephus »

McCulloch wrote:
Cephus wrote: ... mine is unique because it caters to a conservative atheist perspective ...
Do you think that you might have a more interesting podcast if you co-hosted with someone with a liberal atheist perspective? Argument and dispute often generate more interest.
The funny thing is, I've had liberal co-hosts on and they've found that they're not nearly as liberal as they think they are when they end up agreeing with me. In fact, I'm finding that where most people think atheism is a liberal playground, it's really closer to a centrist one, with lots of people self-identifying as liberal, simply to oppose the mistaken view that the religious right are all conservatives. Neo-conservatism and conservatism are no where near the same thing.
There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

Darias
Guru

Post #4

Post by Darias »

I don't really find the label "conservative" all that useful. But I'm probably the most conservative atheist here if that means anything. I consider myself libertarian. I don't really want to associate myself with the GOP unless Ron Paul and Rand Paul are running. "Small government" according to Republicans means nothing to me, not just because I'm a minarchist with voluntarist leanings, but because to them "small government" doesn't even mean "small government" -- it means a government big enough to tell you who to sleep with, what kind of sex you can have, what you're allowed to drink and smoke, one that can collect all your data without a warrant, and that can wage 6 wars simultaneously.

If your blog opposes affording gays equal marriage rights under the law, or if your blog supports bombing every country we come across, I'm not really interested.

Cephus
Prodigy

Post #5

Post by Cephus »

Darias wrote: I don't really find the label "conservative" all that useful. But I'm probably the most conservative atheist here if that means anything. I consider myself libertarian. I don't really want to associate myself with the GOP unless Ron Paul and Rand Paul are running. "Small government" according to Republicans means nothing to me, not just because I'm a minarchist with voluntarist leanings, but because to them "small government" doesn't even mean "small government" -- it means a government big enough to tell you who to sleep with, what kind of sex you can have, what you're allowed to drink and smoke, one that can collect all your data without a warrant, and that can wage 6 wars simultaneously.
I don't really value labels at all, ten people who all refer to themselves with the same label might have ten different positions, it's only when we can examine the issues directly that people can see if they agree or disagree. Traditional conservative values are small government, personal and fiscal responsibility and keeping the government the hell out of your life. I have a semi-regular self-described liberal co-host and he embraces all of those things. That shows you how little labels really mean.
If your blog opposes affording gays equal marriage rights under the law, or if your blog supports bombing every country we come across, I'm not really interested.
Of course not, that would be ridiculous. That's Rush Limbaugh, certainly not me.