Theistic categories?

Where agnostics and atheists can freely discuss

Moderator: Moderators

Zzyzx
Site Supporter

Theistic categories?

Post #1

Post by Zzyzx »

Do Theists who debate here seem to generally fit into these categories?

1) Uninformed, naïve, childlike, uneducated

2) Aggressive, hostile, belligerent

3) Moderate, liberal, civil

4) Intellectual, informed, educated

Does it also seem as though 1 and 2 often overlap or combine, and that 3 and 4 may also (but seldom other combinations)?
Non-Theist

ANY of the thousands of "gods" proposed, imagined, worshiped, loved, feared, and/or fought over by humans MAY exist -- awaiting verifiable evidence

Haven
Guru

Post #2

Post by Haven »

Yes to all. Sadly, 3 and 4 seem to be rare on this forum (while 1s and 2s are very common), and 3s who aren't also 4s usually aren't interested in debating their beliefs.
♥ Haven (she/her) ♥
♥ Kindness is the greatest adventure ♥

Cephus
Prodigy

Post #3

Post by Cephus »

Haven wrote: Yes to all. Sadly, 3 and 4 seem to be rare on this forum (while 1s and 2s are very common), and 3s who aren't also 4s usually aren't interested in debating their beliefs.
Mostly, I think, because they realize they can't debate their beliefs. They know that it's an emotional thing, they have no good reason to believe the things they claim to believe and they're intellectually honest enough to know that they cannot make a good case for their beliefs to others.

Unfortunately, 1 and 2 don't get that.
Want to hear more? Check out my blog!
Watch my YouTube channel!
There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.