Facepalm comments from theists

Where agnostics and atheists can freely discuss

Moderator: Moderators

rikuoamero
Under Probation

Facepalm comments from theists

Post #1

Post by rikuoamero »

Okay, so as the title says...this topic is where we atheist/agnostics/whatever post comments we think are facepalm worthy or just cause us to laugh out loud at the sheer stupidity of it. I'm talking comments where you read it and honestly have to ask yourself "Did they honestly think that, and NOT catch the obvious flaws in it?"

Rules
1) Do not name the person you're quoting. You can give us a general description of the person, even say it was a person from this site (which my first post will be!) but no names. Give them pseudonyms.
2) Give us exact quotes, or as close a paraphrase as you can.
3) Can't think of a number 3.

Anyway, my first post - I sighed, facepalmed and later laughed when I read this. It's from a person on this site. We're in a discussion and the person is talking about prayer, and it's effectiveness. This person believes prayer works (when God wants it to)
If you ask Christ and don't receive... that does not mean Christ is not there. Asking and receiving is conditional.

For instance, you cannot ask for something that is against the will of God and expect to receive it. You are also supposed to ask in faith... meaning without doubt... that you will receive it. If you do not ask in faith, then you cannot expect to receive what you have asked for. You still might receive it... but you cannot expect to.
(emphasis mine)
I'm sure I don't need to explain why this is a facepalm comment, given the parts I bolded.

Justin108
Banned
Banned

Post #11

Post by Justin108 »

Justin108 wrote:So because people don't usually accept this as good teaching... it therefore came from God?
The teaching is not what people usually want to do, or what they think, therefore it is probably from somebody else than people.
Justin108 wrote:Jesus' genealogy in Luke contradicts Jesus' genealogy in Matthew. If you read the Bible "without additions", you would have to conclude that Luke and Matthew contradicts each other...

I think it is not possible to honestly say so, because they don’t say “and nothing more�, or “they had just one name each�. Even modern people have more than one name. Many people have first, middle and last name. And it is also possible that they just told the part they knew. Neither of them is saying that there was no one else.
Same guy