Ever been proud of a younger sibling?

Where agnostics and atheists can freely discuss

Moderator: Moderators

rikuoamero
Under Probation

Ever been proud of a younger sibling?

Post #1

Post by rikuoamero »

So...my youngest sister is (as of the time of posting this) about to turn 7. She lives with our mother, who is a lapsed Christian Catholic. I don't know about the mother's beliefs, because I am estranged with her and religion is not on the very short list of topics I talk with her about. My sister goes to the same catholic school I went to when I was her age. Back when I was a student there, we had Bible lessons. The main things that I remember are the stories about Abraham and Isaac, the Good Samaritan, etc.
So, I take the sister out for some shopping yesterday. While on the bus, she just mentions to me that she doesn't believe in God. She says the stories don't make sense.
I couldn't have been more proud of her. She realised far earlier than I did about Christianity's lack of sense.
Also, just to be clear...I have never, not once, talked religion with this sister.
Has anything like this happened to anyone else?

Your life is your own. Rise up and live it - Richard Rahl, Sword of Truth Book 6 "Faith of the Fallen"

I condemn all gods who dare demand my fealty, who won't look me in the face so's I know who it is I gotta fealty to. -- JoeyKnotHead

Some force seems to restrict me from buying into the apparent nonsense that others find so easy to buy into. Having no religious or supernatural beliefs of my own, I just call that force reason. -- Tired of the Nonsense

OnceConvinced
Savant

Post #2

Post by OnceConvinced »

Funny. When I was a teenager, I was proud of my 8 year old sister because she was a really on-fire Christian, being an example to our friends.

I am now proud of my sister because she was the first one out of my family to break free from the Christian delusion.

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

Check out my website: Recker's World