Only atheists and agnostics can post in this subforum

Where agnostics and atheists can freely discuss

Moderator: Moderators

otseng
Savant

Only atheists and agnostics can post in this subforum

Post #1

Post by otseng »

Only atheists and agnostics can post in this subforum. If you are not a member of this group, you may join here.

logic
Student

Only athiests and agnostics....

Post #2

Post by logic »

otseng wrote:Only atheists and agnostics can post in this subforum.
Otseng... this means YOU! :D
"I would never want to be part of a club that would have someone like me as a member"
- Woody Allen

otseng
Savant

Re: Only athiests and agnostics....

Post #3

Post by otseng »

logic wrote:
otseng wrote:Only atheists and agnostics can post in this subforum.
Otseng... this means YOU! :D
As an omnipotent power on this forum, I have the ability to override any of the limitations. But, don't worry, I don't often abuse my powers. ;)

Angel

Re: Only atheists and agnostics can post in this subforum

Post #4

Post by Angel »

otseng wrote:Only atheists and agnostics can post in this subforum. If you are not a member of this group, you may join here.
I hope you don't mind but I'm an Agnostic theist; an Agnostic Christian theist to be exact. I believe in God but my agnostic side is that I don't know if God exists. I adopted this position based on if knowledge is defined as being rational and/or scientific then I don't have that for God yet (so this is a temporary position for me), although I still accept that He's true based on belief. I honestly don't feel that the core of my beliefs should have to be based on verification beyond just my experiences, the Scriptures, Christian theology, and history. Hopefully this helps to clarify.

OnceConvinced
Savant

Post #5

Post by OnceConvinced »

I'll go along with whatever the moderators say here, but it seems as a Christian/Theist it would be inappropriate to be in this subforum arguing from theist perspective. The idea of this forum is so that Agnostics and Atheists can discuss things without the need to debate against theists.

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

Check out my website: Recker's World

otseng
Savant

Post #6

Post by otseng »

Angel wrote:
otseng wrote:Only atheists and agnostics can post in this subforum. If you are not a member of this group, you may join here.
I hope you don't mind but I'm an Agnostic theist; an Agnostic Christian theist to be exact. I believe in God but my agnostic side is that I don't know if God exists. I adopted this position based on if knowledge is defined as being rational and/or scientific then I don't have that for God yet (so this is a temporary position for me), although I still accept that He's true based on belief. I honestly don't feel that the core of my beliefs should have to be based on verification beyond just my experiences, the Scriptures, Christian theology, and history. Hopefully this helps to clarify.
No, this is beyond the intent of this subforum. Those who claim to be a Christian of any sort are not allowed to participate in the A Room.

Baz
Site Supporter

Post #7

Post by Baz »

Not allowed in the A room.
What about me?
:-s

Not wishing to bring upon myself the wrath of the almighty moderator I am firstly asking your permission to post on the what would you say to God thread (because it is an interesting and fun one)
:oops: I confess to being a theist but may qualify for permission to use this room as I don’t think I believe in the God most of you don’t!

What I wanted to say was; If there is such a thing as heaven and it is the most perfect place you can imagine given that this is the A room God wouldn’t be there anyway.
\"Give me a good question over a good answer anyday.\"

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #8

Post by McCulloch »

Baz wrote: Not allowed in the A room.

I confess to being a theist but may qualify for permission to use this room as I don’t think I believe in the God most of you don’t!
Essentially, if you believe in a God or gods, including but not limited to the God of the Abrahamic religions, this is not the place for you to post.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

Darias
Guru

Post #9

Post by Darias »

otseng wrote:
Angel wrote:
No, this is beyond the intent of this subforum. Those who claim to be a Christian of any sort are not allowed to participate in the A Room.
What about me? I'm an Agnostic Ignostic Apatheist who still considers himself a Christian culturally, value-wise, and based off his knowledge of the faith. Am I not permitted to post here? Or am I a rare exception?

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #10

Post by McCulloch »

Darias wrote: What about me? I'm an Agnostic Ignostic Apatheist who still considers himself a Christian culturally, value-wise, and based off his knowledge of the faith. Am I not permitted to post here? Or am I a rare exception?
Check out the text on the Christian label.
Group name: Christian
Group description: I'm a believer

Are you a believer? Are you a Christian, not just culturally, but for real?
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John