Only atheists and agnostics can post in this subforum

Where agnostics and atheists can freely discuss

Moderator: Moderators

otseng
Savant

Only atheists and agnostics can post in this subforum

Post #1

Post by otseng »

Only atheists and agnostics can post in this subforum. If you are not a member of this group, you may join here.

Darias
Guru

Re: Only atheists and agnostics can post in this subforum

Post #11

Post by Darias »

McCulloch wrote:
Darias wrote: What about me? I'm an Agnostic Ignostic Apatheist who still considers himself a Christian culturally, value-wise, and based off his knowledge of the faith. Am I not permitted to post here? Or am I a rare exception?
Check out the text on the Christian label.
Group name: Christian
Group description: I'm a believer

Are you a believer? Are you a Christian, not just culturally, but for real?

Why do you put it that way? lol. Think of it this way, I'm a non-believing Christian, much like a secular Jew or whatever. It's for real, it's more than just a name, but that doesn't mean I believe in gods or in Christian doctrines. I don't. I'm an Agnostic-Ignostic.

It's sort of like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_atheism

But not quite. My position isn't Agnostic Christianity as described on Wikipedia because it suggests that one believes in Christian doctrine and the Christian god but claims not to know.

Yet, unlike Christian Atheists, I do not assert a denial of all gods past and future; I can't possibly know that.

I'm asking because I don't know if I'm allowed to post in Holy Huddle anymore. I don't know what their test is in order for me to post there; and quiet frankly I don't think my posts would be well received there.

I also don't know whether or not I would be allowed to post in both forums. I'll have to ask there as well. But for now, what say you?

Goat
Site Supporter

Re: Only atheists and agnostics can post in this subforum

Post #12

Post by Goat »

Darias wrote:
McCulloch wrote:
Darias wrote: What about me? I'm an Agnostic Ignostic Apatheist who still considers himself a Christian culturally, value-wise, and based off his knowledge of the faith. Am I not permitted to post here? Or am I a rare exception?
Check out the text on the Christian label.
Group name: Christian
Group description: I'm a believer

Are you a believer? Are you a Christian, not just culturally, but for real?

Why do you put it that way? lol. Think of it this way, I'm a non-believing Christian, much like a secular Jew or whatever. It's for real, it's more than just a name, but that doesn't mean I believe in gods or in Christian doctrines. I don't. I'm an Agnostic-Ignostic.

It's sort of like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_atheism

But not quite. My position isn't Agnostic Christianity as described on Wikipedia because it suggests that one believes in Christian doctrine and the Christian god but claims not to know.

Yet, unlike Christian Atheists, I do not assert a denial of all gods past and future; I can't possibly know that.

I'm asking because I don't know if I'm allowed to post in Holy Huddle anymore. I don't know what their test is in order for me to post there; and quiet frankly I don't think my posts would be well received there.

I also don't know whether or not I would be allowed to post in both forums. I'll have to ask there as well. But for now, what say you?
You basically 'Don't know'.. therefore you are definitely agnostic. I might be wrong, but part of the reason for the different restrictions is so that there won't be the 'Pressure from the other side' to change your mind in these sub forums. IMO, from what I see, your mind set is more aligned with this group at this current time than the holy huddle.

Welcome to the <insert term of you choice> side.
“What do you think science is? There is nothing magical about science. It is simply a systematic way for carefully and thoroughly observing nature and using consistent logic to evaluate results. So which part of that exactly do you disagree with? Do you disagree with being thorough? Using careful observation? Being systematic? Or using consistent logic?�

Steven Novella

Diagoras
Guru

Post #13

Post by Diagoras »

Since my request for ‘Freethinkers’ to be allowed access to this sub-forum has been generously granted, I thought I’d better make use of my new-found freedom. :)

As I mentioned in my request, I think I’m closest to an ‘agnostic strong atheist’, as defined by wiploc elsewhere in the A-Room.