CARM is CR*P

Where agnostics and atheists can freely discuss

Moderator: Moderators

WelshBoy
Scholar

CARM is CR*P

Post #1

Post by WelshBoy »

I've migrated over to CARM recently just to test my wits there and have found the standard of debating to be horrendous as compared to this site. Just today I challenged a Rev. Daneeidson to prove to me the Bible was the 'word of god', and he replied with "Go and check the CARM website and see all of their proofs."

Intrigued, I followed his advice, only to find the following:

One of the objections raised by critics of biblical inspiration is that the Bible is not the word of God but that it contains the word of God. Is this accurate. No. First of all, this doesn't fit what the Bible says about itself. The collection of 66 books that the Christian Church recognized as being inspired, speaks as the very word's of God in many places

Of course we all recognise this as cricular reasoning and a logical fallacy. But I couldn't quite believe my eyes...
To the believer, no proof is necessary; to the skeptic, no proof is enough.

Confused
Site Supporter

Re: CARM is CR*P

Post #2

Post by Confused »

WelshBoy wrote:I've migrated over to CARM recently just to test my wits there and have found the standard of debating to be horrendous as compared to this site. Just today I challenged a Rev. Daneeidson to prove to me the Bible was the 'word of god', and he replied with "Go and check the CARM website and see all of their proofs."

Intrigued, I followed his advice, only to find the following:

One of the objections raised by critics of biblical inspiration is that the Bible is not the word of God but that it contains the word of God. Is this accurate. No. First of all, this doesn't fit what the Bible says about itself. The collection of 66 books that the Christian Church recognized as being inspired, speaks as the very word's of God in many places

Of course we all recognise this as cricular reasoning and a logical fallacy. But I couldn't quite believe my eyes...
That is by far the funniest post I have read in a while. Sure, lets believe a book because the book says you must beleive me. Hey Welsh, my diary says that you should satisfy my every desire every single night. My diary is the true word so you better listen to it or it will send you to hell.
What we do for ourselves dies with us,
What we do for others and the world remains
and is immortal.

-Albert Pine
Never be bullied into silence.
Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
Accept no one persons definition of your life; define yourself.

-Harvey Fierstein

Vladd44
Sage

Post #3

Post by Vladd44 »

Hey Welsh, my diary says that you should satisfy my every desire every single night. My diary is the true word so you better listen to it or it will send you to hell.
Well, it costs three easy payments (Sorry, I meant tithes) of $99.99 to even know what is in my diary (aka book of life). I do offer group discounts, but only for mormons.
When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.[GOD] ‑ 1 Cor 13:11
WinMX, BitTorrent and other p2p issues go to http://vladd44.com

wrekk
Scholar

Post #4

Post by wrekk »

What is this CARM website? URL please? I'd love to look at it...
You never hear in the news... 200 killed today when Atheist rebels took heavy shelling from the Agnostic stronghold in the North.- Doug Stanhope

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #5

Post by McCulloch »

wrekk wrote:What is this CARM website? URL please? I'd love to look at it...
CARM is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization whose purpose is to equip Christians and refute error. Learn about biblical Christianity so you can know God better, be more sanctified, and identify false teachings

CARM = Christian Apologetics & Research Ministry

http://www.CARM.org

Their discussion boards are at http://www.christiandiscussionforums.org
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

The Project Hate
Student

Post #6

Post by The Project Hate »

Check www.fstdt.com if you want to see more quotes like that. Sigh.