What would you say to the Almight?

Where agnostics and atheists can freely discuss

Moderator: Moderators

Openmind
Sage

What would you say to the Almight?

Post #1

Post by Openmind »

One normal day, Armageddon arrives, and amidst the fireballs and atomic blasts you realise that you don't believe in God.

As an atheist/agnostic, you find yourself standing before God. Apparently, his efforts to appear non-existant had you fooled, and unless you can tell him why not, he is going to send you to Hell.

What would you say to God, if he allowed you a few minutes to sway him?

QED
Prodigy

Post #31

Post by QED »

Q:OK, so you're God huh?
G:Affirmative.
Q:And you created everything but yourself?
G:Sure [laughs] I don't recall seeing anybody else around as I was creating it all.
Q:So you didn't get that creepy feeling that someone else was watching you then?
G:WTF?
Q:Just how certain are you that you're God?
G:Perhaps we should start a new religion...

Negative Proof
Site Supporter

Post #32

Post by Negative Proof »

Yeah, my defense would be something along the lines of what has already been posted. Mainly, I would be more accusatory... much in the style of Zzyzx's (that's fun to say) response.

I'd simply ask him how he could have expected absolute faith from me when he knowingly (omniscient, remember?) gave me a mind that is incapable of such.

OnceConvinced
Savant

Post #33

Post by OnceConvinced »

Probably something along the lines of:

You created me the way that I am so what did you expect?

or

Your word - the bible, looked to me like something written by primitive men, with contradictions, absurdities and innaccuraces. Not only that, but it was interpretted wrongly by English translators. So how could you possibly expect me to take it seriously? How could you possibly expect me to take it as your word,? To take it as your word, I would have to assume you were less than all-knowing and I didn't want to disrespect you like that.

Society and its morals evolve and will continue to evolve. The bible however remains the same and just requires more and more apologetics and claims of "metaphors" and "symbolism" to justify it.

Prayer is like rubbing an old bottle and hoping that a genie will pop out and grant you three wishes.

There is much about this world that is mind boggling and impressive, but I see no need whatsoever to put it down to magical super powered beings.

Check out my website: Recker's World

CONVERTED TO ISLAM
Scholar

Post #34

Post by CONVERTED TO ISLAM »

One normal day, Armageddon arrives, and amidst the fireballs and atomic blasts you realise that you don't believe in God.

As an atheist/agnostic, you find yourself standing before God. Apparently, his efforts to appear non-existant had you fooled, and unless you can tell him why not, he is going to send you to Hell.

What would you say to God, if he allowed you a few minutes to sway him?

Let me tell you what would you say

surah (al-anaam )

[24:24]On the Day when their tongues, their hands, and their feet will bear witness against them as to their actions.
[24:25]On that Day Allah will pay them back (all) their just dues, and they will realise that Allah is the (very) Truth, that makes all things manifest

CONVERTED TO ISLAM
Scholar

Post #35

QED
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

G:Sure [laughs] I don't recall seeing anybody else around as I was creating it all.
Q:So you didn't get that creepy feeling that someone else was watching you then?

surah ( fater )

[35:37]Therein will they cry aloud (for assistance): "Our Lord! Bring us out: we shall work righteousness, not the (deeds) we used to do!" - "Did We not give you long enough life so that he that would should receive admonition? and (moreover) the warner came to you. So taste ye (the fruits of your deeds): for the wrong-doers there is no helper."

Do you think that day will looks like these days !! No it is a horrible day

CONVERTED TO ISLAM
Scholar

Post #36

Negative Proof

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, my defense would be something along the lines of what has already been posted. Mainly, I would be more accusatory... much in the style of Zzyzx's (that's fun to say) response.

I'd simply ask him how he could have expected absolute faith from me when he knowingly (omniscient, remember?) gave me a mind that is incapable of such.

Surah (al-anaam)
[6:102]That is Allah, your Lord! there is no god but He, the Creator of all things: then worship ye Him: and He hath power to dispose of all affairs

No vision can grasp Him, but His grasp is over all vision: He is above all comprehension, yet is acquainted with all things.

[6:104]"Now have come to you, from your Lord, proofs (to open your eyes): if any will see, it will be for (the good of) his own soul; if any will be blind, it will be to his own (harm): I am not (here) to watch over your doings."

CONVERTED TO ISLAM
Scholar

Post #37

OnceConvinced
Allah do not need your worship
Your word - the bible
It is quran right now

bernee51
Site Supporter

Post #38

Post by bernee51 »

CONVERTED TO ISLAM wrote:
OnceConvinced
Your word - the bible
It is quran right now
So what are you - an atheist or a Muslim? Can you be both.

Have you considered that islam was INVENTED because the Arabs had never had a 'saviour' of there own and the whole story is a reaction to the growth of christianity.

Paul of Tarsus is responsible for the birth of Islam. If christianity had not happened islam would not exist.

Allah is a myth and Muhammad is a fraud.
"Whatever you are totally ignorant of, assert to be the explanation of everything else"

William James quoting Dr. Hodgson

"When I see I am nothing, that is wisdom. When I see I am everything, that is love. My life is a movement between these two."

Nisargadatta Maharaj

QED
Prodigy

Post #39

Post by QED »

QED

surah ( fater )

[35:37]Therein will they cry aloud (for assistance): "Our Lord! Bring us out: we shall work righteousness, not the (deeds) we used to do!" - "Did We not give you long enough life so that he that would should receive admonition? and (moreover) the warner came to you. So taste ye (the fruits of your deeds): for the wrong-doers there is no helper."

Do you think that day will looks like these days !! No it is a horrible day
Yeah, yeah; I've been warned. But you've conveniently overlooked the point of my conversation with the almighty: His/Her/Its existence is a conundrum every bit as much (if not more so) than ours. Despite self-proclaimed divinity, God (by the standards demanded by creationists at any rate) should be reflecting on His/Her/Its own circumstances.

otseng
Savant

Post #40

Post by otseng »

bernee51 wrote:
OnceConvinced
Your word - the bible
It is quran right now
So what are you - an atheist or a Muslim? Can you be both.
Moderator note:

Converted to Islam, you cannot claim to be both an atheist and a Muslim. Please set your usergroup memberships to properly reflect your views.