What would you say to the Almight?

Where agnostics and atheists can freely discuss

Moderator: Moderators

Openmind
Sage

What would you say to the Almight?

Post #1

Post by Openmind »

One normal day, Armageddon arrives, and amidst the fireballs and atomic blasts you realise that you don't believe in God.

As an atheist/agnostic, you find yourself standing before God. Apparently, his efforts to appear non-existant had you fooled, and unless you can tell him why not, he is going to send you to Hell.

What would you say to God, if he allowed you a few minutes to sway him?

bernee51
Site Supporter

Post #51

Post by bernee51 »

CONVERTED TO ISLAM wrote:
bernee51
Alhamdu lillah I am muslim
Salaam Alaikum I am an atheist.
CONVERTED TO ISLAM wrote:
Allah is a myth and Muhammad is a fraud.
what evidence you depend on ?
Five decades of knowledge seeking. Many many years of contemplative practice and self inquiry.
CONVERTED TO ISLAM wrote: plz prove it
Only you can do that for yourself.

You have to 'do the experiment'.
"Whatever you are totally ignorant of, assert to be the explanation of everything else"

William James quoting Dr. Hodgson

"When I see I am nothing, that is wisdom. When I see I am everything, that is love. My life is a movement between these two."

Nisargadatta Maharaj

C-Nub
Scholar

Post #52

Post by C-Nub »

I was just thinking I need more Allah in my days, less of my heathen nonesense.

If I ever do find myself at the pearly gates, I'm going to be rightiously ticked off, and not just because I was wrong. If I show up in the afterlife and find out there's an all-powerful being with some master plan pulling strings on earth, there's a good chance I'm going to be riding the express train to hell after getting my two cents in. If there does turn out to have been a God, the guy (thing) is a major-league asshole. The plague, the AIDS epidemic,the Holocaust, Rosie O'Donnel, where was God for all of this? If it turns out he was laughing, I'm going to try to hit him.

mallers

Post #53

Post by mallers »

say wadup, and turkey slap him/her
then go play ping pong with the devil

JoeyKnothead
Banned
Banned

Post #54

Post by JoeyKnothead »

That? No you're taking it out of context.

mallers

Post #55

Post by mallers »

My understanding of Atheism, is rejection of god. No matter what.

Beto

Post #56

Post by Beto »

mallers wrote:My understanding of Atheism, is rejection of god. No matter what.
Your understanding seems a bit narrow. "No matter what" is no more valid from an atheist perspective than it is from a theist perspective.

Homicidal_Cherry53
Sage

Re: What would you say to the Almight?

Post #57

Post by Homicidal_Cherry53 »

Openmind wrote:One normal day, Armageddon arrives, and amidst the fireballs and atomic blasts you realise that you don't believe in God.

As an atheist/agnostic, you find yourself standing before God. Apparently, his efforts to appear non-existant had you fooled, and unless you can tell him why not, he is going to send you to Hell.

I would try the Chewbacca defense. :lol:

Even if that did work (and it always worked for Johnny Cochran), I'd ask either for the nearest elevator to hell, or better yet, to be removed from existence entirely. I would find in both heaven and hell a tyrannical kingdom (hell only being better because it was created to challenge God's absolute power), so I would honestly prefer to be destroyed entirely. We all know this situation will never actually come to pass though.

HelloDollyLlama
Under Probation

Post #58

Post by HelloDollyLlama »

Openmind wrote:One normal day, Armageddon arrives, and amidst the fireballs and atomic blasts you realise that you don't believe in God.

Why would I want to sway him? It's not my job to justify myself to him. It's his job to justify himself to me. If he pulls the "I am going to destroy you because you don't love me", then....that just proves my original point, that he is unworthy of worship, and all his crap about how he loves us and forgives us is bullshit. I'd rather burn with the "sinners" than spend all eternity kissing his ass. And the company would be better down there too.

McCulloch
Site Supporter

Post #59

Post by McCulloch »

Moderator Warning
HelloDollyLlama wrote:If he pulls the "I am going to destroy you because you don't love me", then....that just proves my original point, that he is unworthy of worship, and all his crap about how he loves us and forgives us is bullshit. I'd rather burn with the "sinners" than spend all eternity kissing his ass. And the company would be better down there too.
Please review the Rules. Even in the A Room, all members are to be civil and respectful. Try to say what you need to say without metaphors involving defecation, human or bovine.

When the moderators feel the rules have been violated, a notice will frequently occur within the thread where the violation occurred, pointing out the violation and perhaps providing other moderator comments. Moderator warnings and comments are made publicly, within the thread, so that all members may see when and how the rules are being interpreted and enforced. However, note that any challenges or replies to moderator comments or warnings should be made via Private Message. This is so that threads do not get derailed into discussions about the rules.
Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
First Epistle to the Church of the Thessalonians
The truth will make you free.
Gospel of John

HelloDollyLlama
Under Probation

Post #60

Post by HelloDollyLlama »

Give me a edited break. The whole point of debating religious philosophy is that we're allowed to call bull bull. And that goes double in the A Room: if we can't even call Christianity "bull" in the A Room, where can we do it? Anybody who is worried about getting their little feelings hurt should have stayed the edited out for content out in the first place.

McCulloch wrote:Moderator Warning
HelloDollyLlama wrote:If he pulls the "I am going to destroy you because you don't love me", then....that just proves my original point, that he is unworthy of worship, and all his crap about how he loves us and forgives us is bull. I'd rather burn with the "sinners" than spend all eternity kissing his ass. And the company would be better down there too.
Please review the Rules. Even in the A Room, all members are to be civil and respectful. Try to say what you need to say without metaphors involving defecation, human or bovine.

When the moderators feel the rules have been violated, a notice will frequently occur within the thread where the violation occurred, pointing out the violation and perhaps providing other moderator comments. Moderator warnings and comments are made publicly, within the thread, so that all members may see when and how the rules are being interpreted and enforced. However, note that any challenges or replies to moderator comments or warnings should be made via Private Message. This is so that threads do not get derailed into discussions about the rules.