Where Christians can get together and discuss

Moderator: Moderators

tam
Savant

The Tree of Life

Post #1

Post by tam »

May you all have peace!

On another forum, someone had asked if Christ was the Tree of Life from the Garden. I responded on that forum, but thought I would also share the truth as my Lord Jaheshua has taught me, in here as well.

Christ is indeed the Tree of Life from the Garden (of Eden). If Adam and Eve had reached out and eaten from the Tree of Life in the Garden, they would have lived forever, yes? Well, Christ tells us that we must eat from HIM to have eternal life and so, to live forever (see John 6:32–58)… and He also tells us that He is the Life (see John 14:6; 11:25):

I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life.”

I am the Resurrection and the Life.”

Some of those passages from John 6:

I am the bread of life. Your ancestors ate the manna in the wilderness, yet they died. But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which anyone may eat and not die. I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.”

and,

“Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them. Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me. This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your ancestors ate manna and died, but whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.”

God did not give us two different things from which we may eat and live forever. God gave us His Son: Christ Jaheshua (Jaheshua meaning JAH saves/savior of JAH). Christ is the Truth, the Way, and the Life (and so also the Tree of Life). The spirit reminds me that my dear Lord is also described as having branches in Him:

“I am the true vine, and My Father is the keeper of the vineyard. He cuts off every branch IN ME that bears no fruit, and every branch that does bear fruit, He prunes it to make it even more fruitful.”

Christ is the Tree of Life.

May anyone who wishes and may anyone who thirsts, “Come! Take the free gift of the water of life!”

Peace to you!

William
Savant

Re: The Tree of Life

Post #2

Post by William »

tam wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:44 pm May you all have peace!

On another forum, someone had asked if Christ was the Tree of Life from the Garden. I responded on that forum, but thought I would also share the truth as my Lord Jaheshua has taught me, in here as well.

Christ is indeed the Tree of Life from the Garden (of Eden). If Adam and Eve had reached out and eaten from the Tree of Life in the Garden, they would have lived forever, yes? Well, Christ tells us that we must eat from HIM to have eternal life and so, to live forever (see John 6:32–58)… and He also tells us that He is the Life (see John 14:6; 11:25):

I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life.”

I am the Resurrection and the Life.”

Some of those passages from John 6:

I am the bread of life. Your ancestors ate the manna in the wilderness, yet they died. But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which anyone may eat and not die. I am the living bread that came down from heaven. Whoever eats this bread will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.”

and,

“Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them. Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me. This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your ancestors ate manna and died, but whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.”

God did not give us two different things from which we may eat and live forever. God gave us His Son: Christ Jaheshua (Jaheshua meaning JAH saves/savior of JAH). Christ is the Truth, the Way, and the Life (and so also the Tree of Life). The spirit reminds me that my dear Lord is also described as having branches in Him:

“I am the true vine, and My Father is the keeper of the vineyard. He cuts off every branch IN ME that bears no fruit, and every branch that does bear fruit, He prunes it to make it even more fruitful.”

Christ is the Tree of Life.

May anyone who wishes and may anyone who thirsts, “Come! Take the free gift of the water of life!”

Peace to you!
Universal Balance and Harmony Tammy.

I have also recently had thoughts on The Tree Of Life in regard to symbolism.

However, we have no biblical evidence that Adam did not eat the fruit from the ToL.
If the Garden story is symbolic, then within its symbolism are clues.

The first clue is that there was no command from The Creator regarding that particular tree, other than in general terms. All fruit from all trees was permissible to consume. Only the fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil ToKoGaE [also situated in the middle of the garden Genesis 2:9] was forbidden [by The Creator] for Adam to eat.

If we take the garden to be symbolic of the human condition, then within that condition is this place where two specific "trees" with different properties existed.

There is no reason to suppose that Adam never partook of the ToL.

Indeed, if one were to claim that, one would also be claiming that the human form The Creator made for the Spirit he then placed within it [symbolized as The Creators Breath] was impermanent, which would be to say, was created to die from the go-get. To do so would be admit that The Creator was withholding information.
Rather, the information we do have is that The Creator did create the human form as something that would die if it did not consume the fruit of the ToL.

That The Creator expelled Adam from The Garden after Adam ate of the ToKoGaE, and placed Guardians at its gates to prevent Adam reentering, tells us that - not only was the Garden fenced from the beginning, [symbolizing keeping some things in and other things out] but also that Adam was cut off from that aspect of his self re the symbolism.

His lot, became a darker experience of existence.

He lived far longer than humans naturally do, which is also a clue that he had partaken of the ToL , and symbolically this might represent a fading memory of a prior existence which was unlike the one he had been banished to.

Your sharing that Christ symbolically represents the ToL in regard to the words he used to instill in his followers the need to 'eat of his body and drink of his blood [for therein is life] is symbolic. We have moved from eating the fruit of trees to consuming human flesh and blood - the state of humankind clearly represented in that difference.

But also, as is shown in the biblical references you used, there is mention of fruit re The Vine, so this is also a clue that the symbolism is not stuck in flesh and blood [animal] but pointing back to the fruit of tress/vines [vegetation] and also water [the shared substance apparent in both animal and vegetation].

tam
Savant

Post #3

Post by tam »

Peace to you William,
[Replying to William in post #2]

That The Creator expelled Adam from The Garden after Adam ate of the ToKoGaE, and placed Guardians at its gates to prevent Adam reentering, tells us that - not only was the Garden fenced from the beginning, [symbolizing keeping some things in and other things out] but also that Adam was cut off from that aspect of his self re the symbolism.
Where do you get the idea that there was a gate/fence to begin with?

William
Savant

Post #4

Post by William »

[Replying to tam in post #3]

It seems a reasonable conclusion to draw. There was only one position the Garden required guarding.

tam
Savant

Post #5

Post by tam »

Peace to you.
William wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 1:11 pm [Replying to tam in post #3]

It seems a reasonable conclusion to draw. There was only one position the Garden required guarding.
Hence the Cherubim guarding the tree after Adam and Eve ate from the tree of knowing good and bad. Not before. You drew a conclusion (in error) based on something that was not even in the account. That doesn't give you pause to reconsider the rest of the conclusions that you have drawn?

William
Savant

Post #6

Post by William »

tam wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:24 pm Peace to you.

Hence the Cherubim guarding the tree after Adam and Eve ate from the tree of knowing good and bad. Not before. You drew a conclusion (in error) based on something that was not even in the account. That doesn't give you pause to reconsider the rest of the conclusions that you have drawn?
No. I am not sure what you are suggesting.

From what the story implies,, the whole garden [including the two significant trees in the middle] was what Adam was banished from and why the guard was set in place.

tam
Savant

Post #7

Post by tam »

Peace again to you,
William wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:42 pm
tam wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:24 pm Peace to you.

No. I am not sure what you are suggesting.

From what the story implies,, the whole garden [including the two significant trees in the middle] was what Adam was banished from and why the guard was set in place.
Ah. You said that the garden was fenced from the beginning (in the post I had questioned):

That The Creator expelled Adam from The Garden after Adam ate of the ToKoGaE, and placed Guardians at its gates to prevent Adam reentering, tells us that - not only was the Garden fenced from the beginning, [symbolizing keeping some things in and other things out] but also that Adam was cut off from that aspect of his self re the symbolism. - William

Am I to assume then that by 'beginning' you meant after Adam ate from the Tree of Knowing Good and Bad, rather than the actual beginning?

William
Savant

Post #8

Post by William »

[Replying to tam in post #7]
Am I to assume then that by 'beginning' you meant after Adam ate from the Tree of Knowing Good and Bad, rather than the actual beginning?
I wrote;
So no. From before Adam was place in the Garden. From the beginning of the Garden. It must have been fenced to keep the carnivores from entering, and to keep the other animals inside the Garden.

tam
Savant

Post #9

Post by tam »

Peace again to you,

[Replying to William in post #8]

Then that is something you added to the story, and then drew conclusions from what you added. There is no mention at all of a gate or a fence surrounding the Garden.

William
Savant

Post #10

Post by William »

tam wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:49 pm Peace again to you,

[Replying to William in post #8]

Then that is something you added to the story, and then drew conclusions from what you added. There is no mention at all of a gate or a fence surrounding the Garden.
Not immediately as it was not necessary to mention it in the story until after Adam was kicked out and the guard was set in place.

What makes you think the Garden wasn't always fenced?