Responses To Atheist Objections.

Where Christians can get together and discuss

Moderator: Moderators

WinePusher

Responses To Atheist Objections.

Post #1

Post by WinePusher »

In "The A Room" I saw they had a thread for responses for theist arguments, so I thought I do the same, except switch it around. Several atheistic objections I have encountered are

1) A Lack Of Evidence For Biblical Claims. Also A Lack Of Evidence For Biblical Historicity.

2) Problems With Total Omnipotence (Can God create a rock so heavy he cannot lift it)

3) Problems With Total Omniscience And Free Will (If God knows everything, he knows our eveery action, thus we have no free will)

4) Problems With Human Evil And Suffering (Wy would an all loving, all powerful, all good God allowing evil)

5) God Is A Human Construct "God did not make hman in is image, rather man made many Gods in their image."

6) Problems With Petitionary Prayer (It is pointless to petition God for something if he is omniscient and his mind is already made up)

7) Poor Design (Birth Defects, Handicapps and Disabilities, so on......)

Any suggestions on how to combat these objections?

otseng
Savant

Re: Responses To Atheist Objections.

Post #2

Post by otseng »

Here are some threads that have addressed these challenges:
winepusher wrote: 2) Problems With Total Omnipotence (Can God create a rock so heavy he cannot lift it)
Can God create a rock so big that he cannot lift it?
4) Problems With Human Evil And Suffering (Wy would an all loving, all powerful, all good God allowing evil)
The Problem with the Problem of Evil
5) God Is A Human Construct "God did not make hman in is image, rather man made many Gods in their image."
Which is more rational? God is real or imaginary?

Kendalf
Site Supporter

Re: Responses To Atheist Objections.

Post #3

Post by Kendalf »

winepusher wrote: 7) Poor Design (Birth Defects, Handicapps and Disabilities, so on......)
The design flaws of the eye specifically is being addressed in this thread:
Eye "evidence"
It's gotten quite extensive, I'm afraid, but I do hope to present some positive points in the next few days.
It is at her centre, where her truest children dwell, that each communion is really closest to every other in spirit, if not in doctrine. And this suggests that at the centre of each there is something, or a Someone, who against all divergences of belief, all differences of temperament, all memories of mutual persecution, speaks with the same voice.� C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity