Where Christians can get together and discuss

Moderator: Moderators

Darias
Guru

What Kind of Christian Are You? (Quiz)

Post #1

Post by Darias »

Hey guys,

I came across this quiz online. There are a bunch of multiple choice questions and at the end it tells you which type of Christian you are.
beliefnet.com wrote:What Kind of Christian Are You?

What kind of Christian are you? Does your faith resemble Joel Osteen? Billy Graham? Bishop Spong?

Answer these 21 questions on what you believe about the Bible, Jesus, prayer, and more, and discover your Christian identity. We don’t guarantee that you’ll be pleased with the results, but we promise you’ll have much to discuss with friends—and that you’ll be inspired to deepen your faith.
_____

SOURCE
  • ^ CLICK THE ABOVE LINK TO TAKE THE QUIZ*

My result was:
beliefnet.com wrote:You are A Bishop John Shelby Spong Christian

A.k.a. a Marcus Borg, Karen Armstrong Christian. Your Christian history begins with the Gospel of Thomas, or at least you'd like to include any and all ancient reports on Jesus in your understanding of the Christian savior. Some people call you a "mainline" Christian, which is an odd moniker since "mainline" is simply shorthand for historic denominational Christianity in America. But for several decades, mainliners like you have not identified with evangelical Christianity and have incorporated liberal theological concepts into the practice of the faith.

Watch video with Bishop John Shelby Spong. Read about Karen Armstrong's Charter for Compassion. Visit the Progressive Revival blog.
_____

SOURCE
I've never heard of him, so I watched this brief video by him. I agreed with what he said for the most point (not a big fan of baptism at birth but, aside from that).

Y'all go ahead and take the quiz and tell us what your result is! O:)

Kuan
Site Supporter

Post #2

Post by Kuan »

It was an interesting quiz. Im not sure how accurate it was though.

Here are my results:
You are A Billy Graham Christian
A.k.a. a Rick Warren, Beth Moore Christian. Your Christianity emerged with John Calvin and Martin Luther, and was refined in America by D.L. Moody and Carl F.H. Henry. You subscribe to Christianity Today and read Karen Kingsbury and Ted Dekker novels. You've taken the Love Dare. Or not—this category of evangelical Christian is broad and diverse, but is held together by classic evangelical theology, including a high view of scripture and the emphasis on a personal relationship with Jesus.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
- Voltaire

Kung may ayaw, may dahilan. Kung may gusto, may paraan.

otseng
Savant

Post #3

Post by otseng »

mormon boy51 wrote:It was an interesting quiz. Im not sure how accurate it was though.

Here are my results:
A.k.a. a Rick Warren, Beth Moore Christian. Your Christianity emerged with John Calvin and Martin Luther, and was refined in America by D.L. Moody and Carl F.H. Henry. You subscribe to Christianity Today and read Karen Kingsbury and Ted Dekker novels. You've taken the Love Dare. Or not—this category of evangelical Christian is broad and diverse, but is held together by classic evangelical theology, including a high view of scripture and the emphasis on a personal relationship with Jesus.
I got this result too.

And it didn't have KJV on question 16 as an answer. What kind of quiz is that?

My favorite translation of the Bible is...
* The New International Version or New King James Version.
* The English Standard Version.
* The Revised Standard Version or New Revised Standard Version.
* The Living Bible.

Kuan
Site Supporter

Post #4

Post by Kuan »

otseng wrote:
mormon boy51 wrote:It was an interesting quiz. Im not sure how accurate it was though.

Here are my results:
I got this result too.

And it didn't have KJV on question 16 as an answer. What kind of quiz is that?

My favorite translation of the Bible is...
* The New International Version or New King James Version.
* The English Standard Version.
* The Revised Standard Version or New Revised Standard Version.
* The Living Bible.
I think it was the first answer... :whistle:

Wait, never mind. I didnt see the New in front....Ive never heard of the NKJV though....typo?
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
- Voltaire

otseng
Savant

Post #5

Post by otseng »

mormon boy51 wrote: Wait, never mind. I didnt see the New in front....Ive never heard of the NKJV though....typo?
The NKJV replaces the archaic words of the KJV with modern words. Like no more "thou", "thee", "ye", "thy", and "thine".

Kuan
Site Supporter

Post #6

Post by Kuan »

otseng wrote:
mormon boy51 wrote: Wait, never mind. I didnt see the New in front....Ive never heard of the NKJV though....typo?
The NKJV replaces the archaic words of the KJV with modern words. Like no more "thou", "thee", "ye", "thy", and "thine".
Okay, I got ya. Interesting. I wish they had the KJV though as a option.
- Voltaire

Slopeshoulder
Banned
Banned

Post #7

Post by Slopeshoulder »

I'm predictably a Karen Armstrong. Glad to see beliefnet includes us! :D

BTW, not to spam or hijack, but if you like these kind of quizzes, here's one I created with my wife that is more about how you believe rather than what you believe. We created it because we found an earlier beliefnet quiz to be inadequete. Anyway, have fun.
http://www.michelelife.com/spiritful-li ... -quiz.html

Kuan
Site Supporter

Post #8

Post by Kuan »

Slopeshoulder wrote:I'm predictably a Karen Armstrong. Glad to see beliefnet includes us! :D

BTW, not to spam or hijack, but if you like these kind of quizzes, here's one I created with my wife that is more about how you believe rather than what you believe. We created it because we found an earlier beliefnet quiz to be inadequete. Anyway, have fun.
Cool quiz slopeshoulder.

I got
Congratulations! Your Spiritful Type is Sincere Seeker
on that quiz!

I find that quiz you posted to be extremely accurate. I read through the sincere seeker definition and it seems to describe me perfectly.
- Voltaire

Slopeshoulder
Banned
Banned

Post #9

Post by Slopeshoulder »

mormon boy51 wrote:
Slopeshoulder wrote:I'm predictably a Karen Armstrong. Glad to see beliefnet includes us! :D

Cool quiz slopeshoulder.

I got
Congratulations! Your Spiritful Type is Sincere Seeker
on that quiz!

I find that quiz you posted to be extremely accurate. I read through the sincere seeker definition and it seems to describe me perfectly.
Whew!
I think it'll be cool if folks took both. BUT if you take one, take the BN quiz in this thread! (sorry darias, you the man).

Darias
Guru

Post #10

Post by Darias »

A very well made quiz!

My score was Rational Agnostic.