That's My King!

Where Christians can get together and discuss

Moderator: Moderators

gegraptai
Apprentice

That's My King!

Post #1

Post by gegraptai »

I just thought I'd share this with my brothers and sisters in Christ.[center][youtube][/youtube][/center]

Adstar
Under Probation

Post #2

Post by Adstar »

I know during the video the righting says He is "Immortally Graceful". But i have repeatedly listened to what the preacher was saying at that time and i cannot get out of my head that he actually said Immorally graceful. this happens ar 38-39 seconds into the video.

If he actually said what i think he said, then i am totally opposed to it. The grace of Jesus is not immoral.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

gegraptai
Apprentice

Post #3

Post by gegraptai »

Adstar wrote:I know during the video the writing says He is "Immortally Graceful". But i have repeatedly listened to what the preacher was saying at that time and i cannot get out of my head that he actually said Immorally graceful. this happens ar 38-39 seconds into the video.

If he actually said what i think he said, then i am totally opposed to it. The grace of Jesus is not immoral.

I listened carefully after you said that and I think it's just the way he talks. I doubt that a sermon, the purpose of which is to magnify and honor the King, would slip something bad in there like that. I should say that I know nothing about this preacher, so I can't vouch for him, and as was pointed out to me via PM, obviously Jesus most likely looked nothing like that, long hair and all. I also usually don't listen to sermons that employ that type of cadence; definitely not my style. Anyhow, the video was emailed to me by a friend, and I found the words to be encouraging, so I thought I'd share it.

Adstar
Under Probation

Post #4

Post by Adstar »

gegraptai wrote:
Adstar wrote:I know during the video the writing says He is "Immortally Graceful". But i have repeatedly listened to what the preacher was saying at that time and i cannot get out of my head that he actually said Immorally graceful. this happens ar 38-39 seconds into the video.

I listened carefully after you said that and I think it's just the way he talks. I doubt that a sermon, the purpose of which is to magnify and honor the King, would slip something bad in there like that. I should say that I know nothing about this preacher, so I can't vouch for him, and as was pointed out to me via PM, obviously Jesus most likely looked nothing like that, long hair and all. I also usually don't listen to sermons that employ that type of cadence; definitely not my style. Anyhow, the video was emailed to me by a friend, and I found the words to be encouraging, so I thought I'd share it.
Yeah i don't like the depiction of Jesus as a long haired European would have been better if they did not even try to depict Jesus, But that’s a minor thing compared to the issue i raised about what the preacher said about the Grace of God. I have posted my concern on Utube. I will see what kind of reply i get.

Darias
Guru

Post #5

Post by Darias »

Adstar wrote:Yeah i don't like the depiction of Jesus as a long haired European would have been better if they did not even try to depict Jesus, But that’s a minor thing compared to the issue i raised about what the preacher said about the Grace of God. I have posted my concern on Utube. I will see what kind of reply i get.

I'm pretty sure that's the speaker's accent and not what you thought it meant.

Also, it's YouTube. Never Google Utube -- don't ask. #-o

Slopeshoulder
Banned
Banned

Post #6

Post by Slopeshoulder »

Kingly power trips in relation to Jesus always give me the creeps. Too close to will to power, insecurity, and compensating for under-endowment. Ultimately about fear and ego, which are what Jesus is supposed to get us beyond.
So to my sensibilities, that video is on the line between scary and funny, sort of like the Scary Movie franchise, or Springtime for Hitler. Funny scary bad. But at least they were kidding.
CEO Jesus and Touchdown Jesus and Avenging Jesus elicit the same response.

Adstar
Under Probation

Post #7

Post by Adstar »

Nothing in this video caused me fear. it seemed like a man doing his poetic best in a sermon. More like a rallying kind of thing for the troops...

I guess it is like a song i once listened too. that sermon could be put to music very easy like most poetry can.

Lets see if i can find it. ok hear it is. Mediate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFUEgFdP5zE

Hey gegraptai how did you get your video to appear on the page? instead of what i did by linking the song?

Kuan
Site Supporter

Post #8

Post by Kuan »

Adstar wrote:I know during the video the righting says He is "Immortally Graceful". But i have repeatedly listened to what the preacher was saying at that time and i cannot get out of my head that he actually said Immorally graceful. this happens ar 38-39 seconds into the video.

Actualy, I listened to it. The guys has an accent similar to use from Utah. He doesnt pronounce the "t", its more of a guttural 't'.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
- Voltaire

Kung may ayaw, may dahilan. Kung may gusto, may paraan.

Adstar
Under Probation

Post #9

Post by Adstar »

mormon boy51 wrote:
Adstar wrote:I know during the video the righting says He is "Immortally Graceful". But i have repeatedly listened to what the preacher was saying at that time and i cannot get out of my head that he actually said Immorally graceful. this happens ar 38-39 seconds into the video.

Actualy, I listened to it. The guys has an accent similar to use from Utah. He doesnt pronounce the "t", its more of a guttural 't'.
Well ok then. I am from Australia so i do not have much experience listening to utah english so i guess that’s why i hear it the way i do.

Kuan
Site Supporter

Post #10

Post by Kuan »

Adstar wrote:
mormon boy51 wrote:

Well ok then. I am from Australia so i do not have much experience listening to utah english so i guess that’s why i hear it the way i do.

Yeah, no problem. A lot of people have a hard time with it sometimes. The T was definetley there!
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."
- Voltaire

Kung may ayaw, may dahilan. Kung may gusto, may paraan.