The View of Sin

Where Christians can get together and discuss

Moderator: Moderators

EasternSP
Apprentice

The View of Sin

Post #1

Post by EasternSP »

I have thought of this from time to time and have heard it meantioned from time to time on media ministries, i.e. Charles Stanley. Sin, to us is manifest in the action it is presented in. In other words, we see sin as an action of someone, i.e. theft, murder, slander. Obviously these things are seen by God as well, but how does our sin primarily appear to God? Is it sorta like a nebulus colored haze, a certain mark on our foreheads or is it manifest in a higher dimensional expression that we just can't comprehend from our limitations as a mortal human? Obviously, it is clear enough to God that he recoils from it and will remove himself from our presence at all cost because of it. Somehow, the blood of Christ has over arching power over sin in more than just a choice of solution. It is the only solution much as the only way for carbon dioxide to exist is by the bonding of the proper atoms. The same for salt and any other chemical.
So, the point I am presenting here for examination is: what makes the blood of Christ the only thing that will dissolve sin?

Slopeshoulder
Banned
Banned

Post #11

Post by Slopeshoulder »

EasternSP wrote: So to come back to my original point, for those who believe in God the father, I can't imagine how our sin appears to him that it can be blotted out with the blood of Christ. Is it a substance of a dimension that we aren't aware of? Is it a feature that would overwhelm our senses that we would immediately die in the flesh if exposed to it, much like glass protects us from the acid inside the flask.
Honestly, I have no idea. Who could know? It might all be metaphorical.