Love Wins by Rob Bell

Where Christians can get together and discuss

Moderator: Moderators

Atlantis

Love Wins by Rob Bell

Post #1

Post by Atlantis »

So, I see it's been mentioned quite a few times on these forums, but I wanted to see how well received his latest book was here.

Personally, I thought it was fantastic. It pretty much described in detail everything I've ever believed to be true. Now, there were a couple of statements made within the text that I raised my eyebrows at a little bit, but after reading his explanation behind them, they didn't seem too off.

So, if you've read it, what did you think?

EduChris
Prodigy

Re: Love Wins by Rob Bell

Post #2

Post by EduChris »

Atlantis wrote:So, I see it's been mentioned quite a few times on these forums, but I wanted to see how well received his latest book was here.

Personally, I thought it was fantastic. It pretty much described in detail everything I've ever believed to be true. Now, there were a couple of statements made within the text that I raised my eyebrows at a little bit, but after reading his explanation behind them, they didn't seem too off.

I have not read it yet, but based on reviews I think I would be favorably disposed toward it.

Braveheart
Banned
Banned

Re: Love Wins by Rob Bell

Post #3

Post by Braveheart »

EduChris wrote:
Atlantis wrote:So, I see it's been mentioned quite a few times on these forums, but I wanted to see how well received his latest book was here.

I have not read it yet, but based on reviews I think I would be favorably disposed toward it.
Rob Bell? He's that guy who doesn't believe in hell right? I don't think I could ever find a book by him I came close to liking. I somehow got compared to him on Darias' Christianity test....most embarrassing moment of my life.
I am not afraid... I was born to do this.
Joan of Arc :2gun:

Peace if possible, truth at all costs.
Martin Luther

The Church of God she will not bend her knees
To the gods of this world though they promise her peace
She stands her ground
Stands firm on the Rock
Watch their walls tumble down when she lives out His love
Rich Mullins

Atlantis

Post #4

Post by Atlantis »

*shakes head* no, he believes in hell. But he hopes no one spends eternity there. He's a soft universalist.