Dropping my membership to 'Zzyzx fan' usergroup

Where Christians can get together and discuss

Moderator: Moderators

Angel

Dropping my membership to 'Zzyzx fan' usergroup

Post #1

Post by Angel »

This is mainly about Zzyzx 'debate style'.

I used to admire Zzyzx's tactics of debate but now I'm not too sure. His style, from what I've seen, involves mostly asking questions and lots of the time they prove to be quite insightful since they're more than just asking for proof, but also asking about the implications, they provided new ideas or really made the person think, etc. I saw this on his debate with Otseng in the Head-to-Head debate section on the topic about the Global Flood. Now though, rather than trying to bring insight and constructive challenges to the debate, he's reduced himself to being obsessed with drilling theists about proof this and proof that, even when an expression of belief (relevant to the debate topic) was clearly intended. Perhaps, he had some influence by some of the other 'select few' who tend to do the same?

Zzyzx has also recently used his questions (proof this proof that...) to try to derail my thread topic that's about the historical evidence for the Bible - Assyrians vs. Israel. Apparently, he couldn't disagree with me on the details in the topic so instead he shifts to a different topic where he can drill me about proving this and that about the supernatural, when I clearly mentioned in the OP that this thread was not advocating for evidencing the supernatural. I consider that dishonest and cheap. Perhaps whenever the words 'Bible' and 'evidence' are used in the same sentence, he gets hypersensitive and as a defense mechanism, tries to make the theists look bad by attempting to trap them with 'proof-questions' and strawmans (like asking me to prove the supernatural even when I clearly stated in the OP that the thread wasn't advocating proof of the supernatural). In my experience of these types, no amount of evidence for God and/or the Bible will satisfy them.

More can be said and perhaps I will elaborate more later on. But after today ends, I'm respectfully dropping my membership to the 'Zzyzx fan' usergroup.

otseng
Savant

Post #2

Post by otseng »

Moderator Comment

I think it's best to avoid making any type of comments that can be perceived to be negative comments about other posters. You are free to drop your membership in any group, but there's no need to make accusations against another in the process.

Moderator comments do not count as a strike against any posters. They only serve as an acknowledgment that a post report has been received, but has not been judged to warrant a moderator warning against a particular poster.