Go and Evangelise

Where Christians can get together and discuss

Moderator: Moderators

peacethroughunity
Student

Go and Evangelise

Post #1

Post by peacethroughunity »

Go and Evangelise, so the world may know more about Christ.

This is every person responsibility, to bring Jesus in the life of our neighbours.

We are to have courage, be witnesses and preach the good news to all.

Changing the world society, and yearning for more peace in the world, depends a lot if we evangelise.

I have dedicated six years as a full time missionary doing evangelisation. Now I evangelise by being a witness to my neighbours. Recently I even started to evangelise through my new website on the internet by the name of 'Peace and unity in our lives' with the address as

https://sites.google.com/site/peaceinunity/home

The aim of this site is to provide inspiration and encouragement for life, and hope that this small contribution of mine will provide an opportunity for people including youths and children around the globe to find courage in their life, by trusting God to be more present in their life.

So there are different ways how to evangelise. Are you evangelising???
In Peace

George Calleja - Malta
ps
my above mentioned website is being updated nearly on a daily basis. So visit the website often as there is always something new for you….to enrich your faith!
Visit my website 'Peace and unity in our lives' with the address as

https://sites.google.com/site/peaceinunity

Follow me on TWITTER https://twitter.com/PeaceUnityLives

JehovahsWitness
Savant

Re: Go and Evangelise

Post #2

Post by JehovahsWitness »

peacethroughunity wrote: Go and Evangelise, so the world may know more about Christ.

This is every person responsibility, to bring Jesus in the life of our neighbours.

We are to have courage, be witnesses and preach the good news to all.

Changing the world society, and yearning for more peace in the world, depends a lot if we evangelise.

I have dedicated six years as a full time missionary doing evangelisation. Now I evangelise by being a witness to my neighbours. Recently I even started to evangelise through my new website on the internet by the name of 'Peace and unity in our lives' with the address as

https://sites.google.com/site/peaceinunity/home

So there are different ways how to evangelise. Are you evangelising???
Yes I am absolutely. I personally feel that there is a superiority of evangelizing face-to-face in real life where we can have real contact with people too, this is why I regularly engage in my house-to-house ministry.

Best Regards
JW

Wissing
Apprentice

Post #3

Post by Wissing »

I like that statement. It speaks to a more authentic evangelism. I think I came to the conclusion, early in life, that this world doesn't matter, because God is going to introduce a new one to take it's place. But that mentality, I'm afraid, leads to a sort of Christian Nihilism, where one sees no point in this life, but to get into heaven. Under that mentality, evangelism can turn into something quite awful - just think, if the afterlife is the only meaningful life, then one could justify any act, so long as it's end was to win a convert. The end (heaven) would justify any means of conversion. This leads, at worst, to violence, and at best to... weird Christians.

However, if we believe that this life is important in itself, then the things you've mentioned do matter unto themselves. Changing the world. His kingdom come, His will be done, on Earth as it is in Heaven. If evangelism is to change the Earth, then there's no weirdness about it - we're starting from the same premise as a non-Christian (how to change the world), and offering a very real answer (by faith in Christ).

Many of us, I think, find ourselves conflicted on the topic of evangelism. On the one hand, church tells us to go out and spread the word about Jesus. On the other hand, we find that the world has already heard about Jesus. So many of us become apathetic, settling into a guilty admission "I know I should evangelize, but it's just... so... awkward". If we find ourselves there, I think it's because we are distant from the real needs of the world. For this reason, service cannot merely be a means of evangelizing (here's a hamburger, but you have to let me talk to you about Jesus)... but instead, service and evangelism are both, in parallel, means by which God uses us to change the world.

Aetixintro
Site Supporter

Thanks, Peacethroughunity!

Post #4

Post by Aetixintro »

Thanks for this topic-start.

I also support the issuing of evangelisation so that God's "children", entailing all of human kind, can return, proper, to Heaven, none (excess or wasted) to Evil (forces).

In addition, one should support a proper church under, that's "married" to the Bible, primarily, and not to political power!

CHEERS! To Jesus Christ! To God!
I'm cool! :) - Stronger Religion every day! Also by "mathematical Religion", the eternal forms, God closing the door on corrupt humanity, possibly!