Choose your battles wisely

Where Christians can get together and discuss

Moderator: Moderators

puddleglum
Sage

Choose your battles wisely

Post #1

Post by puddleglum »

In the past Christianity has had a strong influence on American culture. That influence has grown much weaker and that fact is reflected in our laws.

Because humans are created in God’s image human life should be protected. Today abortion is legal and there is a movement to legalize suicide by the terminally ill.

God established marriage as a permanent union between a man and a woman. Almost all states have no fault divorce laws which make it easy to end a marriage and many of them allow marriage between two members of the same sex.

If the United States persists in these sins we will inevitably face God’s judgment. Christians have an obligation to do all we can to change the direction our country is going. The primary tool for doing this is evangelism and teaching the Bible so people will know that what they are doing is wrong, but we must also work to change the laws to bring them into conformity to God’s will.

Sometimes the attack on Christianity doesn’t involve promoting immoral activities but consists of trying to remove symbols of God and of Christianity from public life. Often our first impulse is to fight to preserve these symbols. This is usually a mistake. Merely removing symbols does no harm to us and in some cases it might actually do good. Here are some examples.

“In God we trust� is our national motto and appears on all of our money. Secularists want it removed. Christians should want the same thing because except for a small minority our country isn’t trusting God and it is hypocritical to publicly proclaim that we do.

“I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.� The words “under God� were added to the pledge of allegiance in 1954. Of course those who don’t believe in God would like to see them removed. But are the words true? Are we really a nation under God? Every nation is under God in the sense that he controls its destiny but the words in the pledge were intended to assert that we are a nation that submits to God and tries to follow his will. In this sense we aren’t really under God and it would be an act of honesty to remove the words from the pledge.

A lot of people are opposed to the presence of Christian symbols such as crosses and Nativity scenes on public property and Christians devote money and energy fighting their efforts. The attempt to remove Christian symbols is a symptom of our country’s moral sickness and not its cause. You can’t cure an illness by treating the symptoms.

If we win all of the battles over symbols so that “In God we trust� remains out national motto, the words “under God� remain in the pledge of allegiance, and crosses and Nativity scenes are allowed on public property, it will do nothing to persuade others to obey God. It is likely that it would be a cause of resentment that would make it more likely for people to reject God. Christians are supposed to live in such a way that we are known for our love; too often we are known for our litigation.

One tactic used in warfare is to trick the enemy into wasting its resources by attacking targets that are of no strategic value. Satan is a master of this and he is often successful. We must oppose any actions by our government that are contrary to God’s command or will limit our freedom to preach the gospel but we need to avoid wasting time and energy fighting over minor issues.
His invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made.
Romans 1:20 ESV

catnip
Guru

Re: Choose your battles wisely

Post #11

Post by catnip »

Yahu wrote:
catnip wrote:
That isn't true! A woman can't have 23 abortions. Abortion causes scarring. Even one abortion could potentially render a woman incapable of pregnancy, although not common.

I see you managed to turn it around to blame women again.
I am assuming you mean, you don't believe it to be true as opposed to calling me a liar. I didn't witness her 23 abortions but that is the number she told friends. She had regularly scheduled abortions about 4 times a year and had done so for years. She also used the blood from her fetus' in her witchcraft.

As to turning it around to blame women, well if the shoe fits ... but I also admitted unwanted pregnancies are due also to men that just use women as sex objects.

My point was that those women that do follow the ways of Jezebel are cursed to have their children die by Yeshua. Many times that is by their own hand via aborting those unwanted children. It is just a continuance of Ashtoreth/Molech worship of the groves. The ritual prostitution in the Baalim worship created unwanted children that were sacrificed to Molech. Promiscuous sexual activity produces unwanted children and those children are killed to get rid of them. Jezebel was a high priestess of Ashtoreth and had the priestess of the groves at her table along with the prophets of Baal. Her name is even a reference to Ashtoreth meaning the 'consort of Baal'. A woman that follows the ways and doctrines of Ashtoreth worship is what is called a Jezebel in scripture.

Is that the only reason for abortion? No obviously not but makes up the majority IMO.

The point of this discussion is whether Christians have the right to stop a Jezebel from killing her own unborn children by force. Who are we to prevent the curse from falling on her?
And considering that the coven I helped get convicted was led by a high priestess of Ashtoreth, I have some experience is what it means to be a Jezebel.
I realize that Yahu is banned, but I am going to respond anyway.
This smacks of a fiction made up by the anti-abortion crowd that love exageration. NOBODY would get four abortions a year. They would get on birth control to save their own suffering. Abortion is not painless. It costs time from work, causes bleeding and pain. Not to mention it would be costly in comparison to means of prevention.

You can't believe everything you read or hear.